Auburn to ACC?

Sort of depends on what you mean by brand versus something like net worth.

Miami does have a big Brand with a wide fan base but the local fan size keeps them from being a high revenue program.

Auburn has had a bigger fan base than Clemson but the recent success may have change that. Auburn does have more alumni.

FSU is likely bigger than those 2 but I can’t figure out why they struggle to sell out.
You been to Tally? Middle of nowhere.

Been to Auburn? Been to Clemson?
IMG_1880.gif

Auburn has a stench to it; I’ve always found Clemson to be a decent place. Enjoyed many tailgates in that YMCA lot. Coeds roughly equal.

Auburn tiger mascot AND eagle mascot and PLAINSMEN
Clemson tiger mascot
[/QUOTE]
You forgot one

I found Auburn to be quite pleasant. Never have I met an opposing fan base on their own campus, congratulating us whole heartedly on a win against them (like we did in either 06'-07'). It was weird but heartfelt for sure.

I found Auburn to be quite pleasant. Never have I met an opposing fan base on their own campus, congratulating us whole heartedly on a win against them (like we did in either 06'-07'). It was weird but heartfelt for sure.
I was in Charlottesville at the bars after they beat us and everyone was buying me drinks cause they felt bad for me.. I was like thanks hope you guys win again next time I'm here!

One of the things coming out of conference consolidation is that the pie is not being split evenly amongst conference members. Oregon and Washington are not going into the Big 10 as equal members. In the ACC, FSU is trying to angle for getting a larger slice of the ACC pie or bolt for another conference with a larger pie. Take it a step further....Why does the top third of the SEC need the bottom 2/3rd's other than to fill up their schedule? Why should the Miss schools and Vanderbilt get same amount of money as Alabama?

One of the things coming out of conference consolidation is that the pie is not being split evenly amongst conference members. Oregon and Washington are not going into the Big 10 as equal members. In the ACC, FSU is trying to angle for getting a larger slice of the ACC pie or bolt for another conference with a larger pie. Take it a step further....Why does the top third of the SEC need the bottom 2/3rd's other than to fill up their schedule? Why should the Miss schools and Vanderbilt get same amount of money as Alabama?
It’s the concept of a conference or belonging to something. Theoretically one day in the future the bottom teams may be winning and doing better and they would still have to share equally. Like it says in the New Testament “the first shall be last and the last shall be first”.

It’s the concept of a conference or belonging to something. Theoretically one day in the future the bottom teams may be winning and doing better and they would still have to share equally. Like it says in the New Testament “the first shall be last and the last shall be first”.
While I think the little "article" is in jest, it definitely brings up a valid point. Being at the bottom of a mega conference like the SEC is a hard place to get out of.

Georgia Tech has more SEC championships in football than Kentucky, MSST, Arkansas, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt COMBINED and we left the conference in 1964. Tech has 5 SEC titles which is only 3 fewer than Auburn. How many more do you think Auburn is going to get after you add Texas and Oklahoma? Not many.

SEC Football Championships.png
The problem is, as I pointed out above earlier in the thread, that hasn't happened since Jimmy Carter was president. The bottom 8 programs in the SEC haven't won an SEC championship since 1976 and have only 9 SEC titles combined in their entire history. Pretty sure the Bible wasn't talking about Vanderbilt.

I am not disagreeing with your sentiment. I think that conference members should be splitting things evenly, but that is not the direction things are headed in right now. If FSU can muscle for an uneven split of the ACC pie, why shouldn't Alabama be doing the same in the SEC or Ohio St. in the Big 10?

You been to Tally? Middle of nowhere.
The problem with FSU is it isn’t close to any other major metro area. Unless it is a notable game, it is hard to get people to drive 5 hours and spend $1500 for a weekend. They are pretty much selling out now they are winning again

Back