Avery Showell in the transfer portal

GoGATech

Big Dummy

He was playing well and getting some PT. I've noticed Derrick Allen playing more and more lately. I believe he may have started to gain over Showell in production. Timing is a bit weird but maybe he's just trying to get out there early and find a landing spot before next semester starts. Wish him luck wherever he ends up.

Last edited:
Good luck to him. I don’t mind upper classmen transferring to find PT. That means they weren’t playing much here. Wish him all the best. IIWII

Probably should have played over Tariq more early this year. Hope he's graduating. He'll be a good pickup for someone.

He's been a pretty solid player for us. Transfers make sense for pretty much any RS Jr. who isn't totally locked in as a starter, particularly if they are getting their degree.

Probably should have played over Tariq more early this year. Hope he's graduating. He'll be a good pickup for someone.
Yes, hopefully he leaves with a degree and is looking for a graduate degree.

I wish the young man luck. But someone needs to tell him to reconsider. The GT diploma is far more likely to make a difference in his life then football. If you can’t not only start, but be hands down the absolute best player on our current defense roster as an upper class man, then I’d say your chances are slim and none of collecting checks playing on Sundays.

I wish the young man luck. But someone needs to tell him to reconsider. The GT diploma is far more likely to make a difference in his life then football. If you can’t not only start, but be hands down the absolute best player on our current defense roster as an upper class man, then I’d say your chances are slim and none of collecting checks playing on Sundays.
He's getting a GT degree and grad transferring.

So if you are in the portal are you not allowed to keep playing through the end of the semester?

My understanding is you're off the roster once you're in the portal. It's up to the school whether to continue to let you use facilities, work out, get access to all the other services SA's get.

My understanding is you're off the roster once you're in the portal. It's up to the school whether to continue to let you use facilities, work out, get access to all the other services SA's get.
This. Like I said above, the timing is kind of weird, unless he's just trying to get the jump on getting his foot in the door somewhere else.

This. Like I said above, the timing is kind of weird, unless he's just trying to get the jump on getting his foot in the door somewhere else.
Isn't graduation this week?

Back