Avery Showell in the transfer portal

I did not delve into the details but will just say that if the young man took advantage of the opportunity to earn a GT degree then he is set for life. I hope he chose wisely.

More roster turnover. Keep em coming.
I really don't downvote much but we asked him to come here because we thought he could contribute. If that turned out not to be the case, let's not hold that against the young man who, presumably, gave us all he had.

I would prefer that we thank him for what he gave us and wish him the best going forward. If such an athlete contacted me in the future, that athlete would benefit from all the resources I could summon on his or her behalf.

Let's not treat our recruits as commodities. We aren't the dwags. We care about those who belong to us.

I really don't downvote much but we asked him to come here because we thought he could contribute. If that turned out not to be the case, let's not hold that against the young man who, presumably, gave us all he had.

I would prefer that we thank him for what he gave us and wish him the best going forward. If such an athlete contacted me in the future, that athlete would benefit from all the resources I could summon on his or her behalf.

Let's not treat our recruits as commodities. We aren't the dwags. We care about those who belong to us.
I have nothing against the guy personally. I wish him luck. If he got his degree, then all the better.

I just want to make room for better players.

I just want to make room for better players.
Understood. As do I. But it's important to me and, I'm sure, you as well, that we honor our obligation to those who committed to become one of us.

Once someone has qualified to become a Tech Man, the opportunity to do so shall never be withdrawn. And once achieved, shall be respected and shall never be revoked.

It's important that we are all in agreement on these points.

Yeah, the only thing strange is that he didn’t wait until the season was over.

While true, we still need roster turnover.

College football is a business. As a person I wish him the best of luck. As a GT football fan this frustrates me. Leaving when we still have games left? Did GT tell him he had to leave 2 credits short of a degree? Of course not, yet he’s bailing on his teammates while in the middle of battle. I get it. No one cares about that and Collins sure can’t say it, but everyone knows what everyone is thinking when you quit like that. But this is the new world where commitment means nothing and being on a team in the middle of a season means even less.

He’ll be set for life with that degree, and appreciate his on-field contributions while in a GT uniform. Wishing him all the best.

This. Like I said above, the timing is kind of weird, unless he's just trying to get the jump on getting his foot in the door somewhere else.
There’s going to be 5X the transfers this year and schools are juggling numbers (current roster, incoming signees, and transfers) ahead of signing day which occurs before the regular season ends in 2020. Getting a jump is smart; you don’t want to be scratching to find an open scholly in Jan/Feb this year

College football is a business. As a person I wish him the best of luck. As a GT football fan this frustrates me. Leaving when we still have games left? Did GT tell him he had to leave 2 credits short of a degree? Of course not, yet he’s bailing on his teammates while in the middle of battle. I get it. No one cares about that and Collins sure can’t say it, but everyone knows what everyone is thinking when you quit like that. But this is the new world where commitment means nothing and being on a team in the middle of a season means even less.
2 credits short of a degree? Wut? He's leaving as a graduate of GT going to get a master's degree from another school. Chill TF out

I mean, technically the season should be over now, the semester is almost over, and nobody knows if we’ll actually play the rest of the games or not. If he needs the time to find a good spot, it’s fine. It’s unlikely he’ll be the difference in 3-8 and 4-7 for us this season.

JRjr

I doubt any of us have intimate knowledge of what conversations he had with the coaching staff and his family that led to the timing of his decision. I think it's unfair to make assumptions about his mindset or what kind of teammate he is. For all we know, his coaches encouraged him to make the move now, believing it to be in his best interest.

I doubt any of us have intimate knowledge of what conversations he had with the coaching staff and his family that led to the timing of his decision. I think it's unfair to make assumptions about his mindset or what kind of teammate he is. For all we know, his coaches encouraged him to make the move now, believing it to be in his best interest.
If he's going to grad school, he needs to get moving along. It is a life decision. Really needs to look around. Check out the school. Meet with the staff.

2 credits short of a degree? Wut? He's leaving as a graduate of GT going to get a master's degree from another school. Chill TF out
I’m not saying he’s short credits. I’m pointing out he’s leaving his teammates and coaches in the middle of a season. Would he have liked it if GT did that to him on the school side? But again, I get it. Loyalty is dead and thankfully we finally have a coach who has been trained by the factories to cut the dead weight. Just remember what this player did to our program in the middle of a season when some player‘s mother accuses GT of processing her son. It’s a business and the players and program should do what’s best for them.

I’m not saying he’s short credits. I’m pointing out he’s leaving his teammates and coaches in the middle of a season. Would he have liked it if GT did that to him on the school side? But again, I get it. Loyalty is dead and thankfully we finally have a coach who has been trained by the factories to cut the dead weight. Just remember what this player did to our program in the middle of a season when some player‘s mother accuses GT of processing her son. It’s a business and the players and program should do what’s best for them.
What the hell does process even mean to you? You can’t taken someone’s scholsrship for 4 years and guys either play or they don’t. If they choose to leave that’s up to them.

You are using non-covid rules for a covid year. I bet everyone on the team is supportive of him.

Back