Ayinde Eley - LB - Transfer

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
Remember also that Eley has gone through a coaching transition at MD, as well. Russell Johnson suggests that Locksley was eager to get the guys he recruited on the field over the players he inherited. This is sometimes used as an excuse, but is also a legitimate thing that happens. I think we're looking at a range of possibilities from solid contributor to All-ACC or somewhere in between. I definitely wouldn't assume he's just "depth".
Agreed, don't think we'd take someone to just be depth at LB.

OptionJacket

Damn Good Rat
Not saying this guy is mediocre but let’s be honest here: mediocre would be a huge upgrade over the past few years LB play.
Exactly! I think the defense has a lot of room to grow because if where we’ve been. The numbers don’t lie. Taking our lumps during the regime change will lead to success.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
The criticism of that LB was lack of speed, never his ability otherwise.
Pretty sure speed is a big part of overall ability; and Curry performed at a much higher level than this kid has at MD. We’ll see if he can play here

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
PFF Grades. essentially Curry has been 61-66 for three years; this guy has been in the low-mid 50s.
Pff grades showing the best 3 linebackers are from Tulsa, Buffalo, and Tulane.

Had never thought of looking something like that up. Seems pretty worthless at my first look.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Curry is an all timer in my book and was a very productive player for us. The new additions will probably be a better fit for Collins' defense due to quickness.

Curry was moving on no matter what and we got one of the better transfers on the market at the position (along with a 4 star recruit). I dunno what there is to argue about here.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
Curry got a bad rep for missing easy tackles or seeming to be out of position and playing catch-up, also for a lack of speed. BUT, he also led the team in tackles this year (last I looked - not sure which game that was) and played as a leader of the team.

That said, I’m looking forward to what this guy can do when he transfers in. If he plays with the heart that Curry played with, he’ll do great things while he’s at Tech.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like
PFF Grades. essentially Curry has been 61-66 for three years; this guy has been in the low-mid 50s.
“PFF has been criticized by the analytics community regarding the accuracy and veracity of its ratings.[9] In contrast to the purely quantitative ratings released by sources like Football Outsiders, TeamRankings, and numberFire, PFF uses qualitative and opinion-based grading as the root of its 0-100 Player Grades -- not its advanced statistics. As such, the 0-100 Player Grades are not truly quantitative and could be seen as being prone to bias, poor sample sizing, or other issues.“

The Jacket

The Coat
“PFF has been criticized by the analytics community regarding the accuracy and veracity of its ratings.[9] In contrast to the purely quantitative ratings released by sources like Football Outsiders, TeamRankings, and numberFire, PFF uses qualitative and opinion-based grading as the root of its 0-100 Player Grades -- not its advanced statistics. As such, the 0-100 Player Grades are not truly quantitative and could be seen as being prone to bias, poor sample sizing, or other issues.“
ööööing shocker.

The Jacket

The Coat
Curry plays hard. You guys are dopes.
Literally nobody has said otherwise. The guy you think you're agreeing with is only saying anything in Curry's favor as a means of ööööting on a solid incoming transfer. He's talking out of his ass and supporting his opinion with statistics derived from opinions.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Literally nobody has said otherwise. The guy you think you're agreeing with is only saying anything in Curry's favor as a means of ööööting on a solid incoming transfer. He's talking out of his ass and supporting his opinion with statistics derived from opinions.
They crap on anyone CPJ did not sign, and defend CPJ's every signee to the death. They are frozen in that era in a pathetic dogged loyalty to a specific way the ball is handed off on a running play.