Back to reality... UGAy will have a five loss

Beesnut

Varsity Lurker
season and that nice fat contract Richt signed will add more egg to the face of the trailer-rage faithful.

Look for Greene to spend a lot of time on his back.

UGAy will have trouble running the ball.

Your thoughts?

YEAH I DID THIS FOR A CHANGE OF FLIPPIN SUBJECT.

I came up with 4 L's and 3 tough games:
LSU
UT
UF
AU
All losses and some will be ugaly

Clem
Bama
SC
These are swing games that are just tough to call especially with an inexperienced O-line

Which were your 5?

Thanks for the change of subject!

JJ

i have no idea.

i didnt think they would be that good last year.

im just gonna go with the flow and pray they lose 2000+ games.

No way they lose to UF. UF may very well have a losing record this year.

The games they would most likely lose would be UT and LSU. AU is in Athens so that will help.

Don't kid yourself, they will be strong again.

Once again, Beesnut seems to focus on the short-term, as opposed to the long-run / big picture.

Ya think there's a reason we won't be able to sign as many kids next Feb.?

All i can say about last year (Iwas talking to an Auburn buddy yesterday about this and everyone in the Sec and Corso just said the same thong) They were very lucky last year..Of course it always takes some luck to have a good year..But they had their share and more..Playing FSU who had their 3rd string QB in there was one example...

at clemson...W
MTSU...W
SC...W
at LSU...L
Alabama...L
at Tennessee...L
at Vandy...W
UAB...W
UF...W
Auburn...L
Kentucky...W
at Georgia Tech...We'll See

At least four losses during the regular season and they will probably lose their bowl game.

Why is it that everyone is discounting Florida to lose to the puppies this year? Last year, it was the same thing.....UGAG will destroy them...Zook can't coach...UGAG has more talent. Yet, I watched that game and Florida BEAT the puppies...not just squeaked by them, but controlled them at the line of scrimmage and BEAT them.

From all of the reports I've read, this Leak kid has already begun to live up to the press hype and is expected to start for them this year as a true freshman. But remember this, the UGAG game will be Florida's 9th game of the season...and they have the week off prior to the game; so they have 2 weeks to prepare for this one. UGAG plays UAB the week before, so it is a pushover team...but they won't have 2 weeks to get ready for the game.

I'll take even money on that game with my money on the Florida Crocodiles (god, I love that screwup!).

Good points..and I guess you could say until the pups turn the corner on the crocs.. its a safe bet to stay with UF...

But, I think this is the year that UGA turns the table on the Gators..

Georgia could lose to Clemson, although I dont expect them to, will have more trouble with SC than many want to think, and I think they will lose to Tenn, Aub, and LSU... toss-up games are UF, Alabama, and Clemson..

I think Sfalco is right.. 8-4 seems about right for this year, but Georgia will be tough in 2004, and as bad as I hate to admit it.. will probably challenge for the NC in 2005

All i can say about last year (Iwas talking to an Auburn buddy yesterday about this and everyone in the Sec and Corso just said the same thong) They were very lucky last year..Of course it always takes some luck to have a good year..But they had their share and more..Playing FSU who had their 3rd string QB in there was one example...

I'd say FSU is lucky we only threw the ball 15 times during the game and decided to control the clock and rely on running the ball.

Considering we normally threw the ball 30 -35 times per game last season it could have gotten ugly. Instead we relied on M. Smith's 145 yards on the ground and playing solid special teams and defense. Who knows what would have transpired had Rix played?

sfalco...

I focused on the short term because every year that a school takes an instate kid they build stronger relations with that respective high school. Sure UGA recruits GA well. Heck that is the only state university a lot of these kids can get into.

Yes we are well aware that Tech does not recuit GA extremely well. Fact is maybe 10% of the kids in state can play at Tech AND DO THE COURSE WORK.

That can't be said for UGAy and you know that.

Not to get into a flame war but facts is facts. If the playing field on the academic side is ever evened up between the two methinks your recruiting "dynasty" of state talent will be ended. Of course Tech would end up sacrificing some of it's academic integrity in much the same way UGAy has.

How was that for long term?

As we have found out, you only contend for the NC if you have an experienced QB. Won't they will be starting from scratch at that position in 2005?

CCujacket I have the same prediction except I have us losing to Clemson instead of bama.

imho...

making predictions in the 2nd week of august is like me trying to predict what i will shoot at the ole golf course this afternoon.

Not so fast my friend....

Dont forget that FSU had already lost Greg Jones.. and lost two defensive starters and Rix for the Sugar Bowl.. akin to Georgia not playing Greene, Pollack and Musa.. it would have made a huge difference... and it made a huge difference for FSU..

Put those back in and its not a run away, its not even a definate win.. its a good ball game..

Taking nothing away from Georgia's year last year.. 13-1 was among the finest in the nation.. but you gotta admit, you guys had a ton of luck last year.. few injuries while playing more than one team who was hurt by injuries (Alabama, Tennessee, FSU, and certainly, GT)

It takes luck to do that sometimes.. GT surely had its share of luck in 1990.. Georgia certainly had it last year...

and luck in 99 the other way.

was it no fumbles recovered till the uga game? or 1? i know it was unbelievably low.

Originally posted by Hedgeplague:
As we have found out, you only contend for the NC if you have an experienced QB. Won't they will be starting from scratch at that position in 2005?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Shockley will be a senior in 2005 wont he?

How would GT's academic integrity be sacrificed by expanding its' ciriclum?

Wow! I expect us to be a top 10 team in 2004 and 2005, but I'm not about to predict us to play for a NC. It's been way too long.

Originally posted by sfalco:
How would GT's academic integrity be sacrificed by expanding its' ciriclum?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think he meant academic admission standards.. a broader course offering doesnt matter if you cant get in anyway..

Back