Back to reality... UGAy will have a five loss

Good assessment i bleed white and gold. Sounds about right.

We can thank Jim Donnan's staff for the lack of seasoned linemen. I think it was Feb. 2000 When he signed 0, nada, silch, offensive linemen. If they had signed some we would have a few juniors and seniors on that line this season.

Originally posted by sfalco:
"I don't see them beating Clemson. In fact, if our running game can progress the way I think it will, they will struggle with us."
-JJacket

Nice dangling modifier ya got there! What was it you were saying about education?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I got your dangling modifier right here, mutt!

"I got your dangling modifier right here, mutt!"

LOL! Are you sure you are a GT alumnus and fan?

Tech fans seem to know more about Richt and UGA's players, weaknesses, strengths, opponents, schedules, etc...than even our own team. Stop the Obsession!

LOL, no GeeTee, I try to keep up with Tech's team much more than I do with UGA's. Remember the statements...."Keep thy friends close, and thine enemies closer" and "Know thine enemy".

I have a lot of UGA fans in my family (I'm the only GT fan with the exception of my father...he just pulls for Tech because he hates to go along with the crowd!
smile.gif
) and I have to keep up with what's going on so that I can do my best to burst their proverbial bubbles when we get to talking football at family get-togethers.

I can sort of accept that ... in your case. However, we have alot of other games to play before Ugag.

"I got your dangling modifier right here, mutt!"

LOL! Are you sure you are a GT alumnus and fan?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Just playing with you sfalco. It's (I won't get on the its' thing again) nice to have someone around getting my competitive fire going. By the way, one of your masters isn't in fishing is it? Just wondering if you were the master baiter on this board.

I actually wish I had more time to do some fishing. :-)

And I don't have 2 masters. Never said that;-)

My predictions:

Clemson won't come close this year. I think UGA will be better prepared, better coached, and more talented than the Tigers. I miss this yearly rival though. I think a Bulldog win at the start of the season is a bad omen for Clemson (and Bowden) Less is at stake for UGA, although an early loss always feels like a gut punch.

I predict UGA loses to Auburn, UT, and one upset team -- let's say South Carolina where we frequently struggle. UGA completes the year with 9 wins, a good bowl game, but no BCS bowl.

Originally posted by Foreverdawg:
My predictions:

Clemson won't come close this year. I think UGA will be better prepared, better coached, and more talented than the Tigers. I miss this yearly rival though. I think a Bulldog win at the start of the season is a bad omen for Clemson (and Bowden) Less is at stake for UGA, although an early loss always feels like a gut punch.

I predict UGA loses to Auburn, UT, and one upset team -- let's say South Carolina where we frequently struggle. UGA completes the year with 9 wins, a good bowl game, but no BCS bowl.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Fair assessment. I have a feeling that this is a watershed year for Clemson. If you look at their stadium (on par with in size with UGA) and academics (below UGA), there really is no excuse for Clemson not winning 9 games minimum every year. They should be able to easily recruit first rate players across the south.

Clemson does not recruit well because they have not shown a future. THey have shown ineptitude. Plus Clemson is in the middle of nowhere with little college atmosphere. One of UGA's drawing cards is Athens. It's a fun town that is always rated highly as a college town. Auburn is similar. It makes Clemson less interesting. Ga. Tech has issues with its town too. Sometimes Atlanta is a drawing card and sometimes not. I think the future is brighter than the past in that regard.

sfalco, you just had a kid and you spend all your time on message boards (rivals message boards at that). It should be illegal for some people to have children. I weep for your child.

The short dawg run is almost over. Bowden is going to retire after this season, mostly due to influences, and Richt is going back to FSU. If you dawgs can't see the handwriting on the wall you're blind. UGAg is heading into a nuclear winter. They'll probably be asking Vince to come out of his Mike Adams retirement and he'll probably do it and that will be as good as gets what with Chan Gailey recruiting the country, not to mention the state of Georgia, like a scalded mutt.. UGAg's entire sports program is burning itself out. The "Glory, Glory" days are over but of course a puppy never really understands as well until it's had it's nose rubbed in it. That will happen this year and in the immediate years to come. I predict that UGAg's entire sports dept. will melt down in the next two years. An embarassment for the state and the South but good TECH people won't be affected because we know it's all good and GT is the only credible college in the the state of Georgia. Apologies to State, Southern and others. UGA, Vince Dooley, Ray Goff, Mike Adams, Sonny Perdue and others have conspired to lead our great state down their ill guided path and look where it's got us! I say it's time for these smug, self important bastards to go and for the Jackets to give them a good whack on the way out the door. The dawgs never have been the best team, or the best school, in the state. They've always acted like they were better than us and have always tried to force it down our throat. Those days are over. UGAy is on the wane and Georgy TECH has got their bow-wow!

Gnats, easy baby. I don't think Richt can go anywhere with his new contract. It doesn't matter though. I am not ready to think that Richt is a great coach just because of one year. Thats right, I don't count his first just like I don't count Chan's first year.

I agree with the topic that georgee loses at least 5 this year. The best part of that will be seeing those $8 Wal Mart 2002 SEC champion tee shirts being marked down to $1.99.

What is so funny about them fans is how they usually start 3-0 vs. Nobody State. The week of the Tenn. game, they bitch that they are not in the top 5 before getting pasted by the Vols. (That of course hasn't been the case the last 2 years, but Tenn. wins the game last year if they had 5 more minutes to play. Don't forget, Tenn. had to play sandlot offense with Clausen out)

This year will be different. With absolutely zero in their secondary, Whiehurst will throw for 400, and Climpsun rolls.

Lets wait and see how them rednecks tolerate can't run the ball, can't stop the pass all year long.

And, by the way, I wasn't aware that georgee was thought of as superior to Tech in anything but football over the last few decades. That of course needs to change on the field.

"What is so funny about them fans is how they usually start 3-0 vs. Nobody State."

"Lets wait and see how them rednecks tolerate can't run the ball"

LOL! (sigh)

By the way Zenjacket, what's it to ya?

Mr. Gnats, you might want to do a little research on contracts, clauses, etc. before you go spewing off nonsense about Coach Richt bolting for FSU after this coming season. As for the rest of your post...LOL!, nevermind. It's just not worth the effort.

Mr. Gnats, you might want to do a little research on contracts, clauses, etc. before you go spewing off nonsense about Coach Richt bolting for FSU after this coming season. As for the rest of your post...LOL!, nevermind. It's just not worth the effort.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The only thing about the contract Sfalco is that usually there is always an "out" for both parties... usually from the coaches perspective, it includes a clause that allows him flexibilty with another school or schools.. in Richts case, those schools could be FSU and/or Miami.. this information would never be made public due to a number of factors.. the biggest being, it can be used against Richt in recruiting.. no matter how remote the chance of him leaving.. it would be used against him..

This arrangement is typical in any executive contract.. for instance, execs from Coke cant work for others in the industry for 3 years, and NEVER work for Pepsico.. but can go into IT Staffing for example..

The true details are usually not known until those clauses are put to test.. usually when the coach is interviewing for another position, or accepts another positon..

Of course, I could be wrong.. and the contract could be exactly as stated... but in my opinion.. the published arrangement is very atypical of executive contracts, especially in the coaching ranks, and I would bet there is an addendum somewhere that lends a little more flexibility for both sides..

Well, if you want to know the details of why Richt isn't leaving after this season, click the link.

link

If there were an "out clause" for Miami or FSU I'm sure the article would have mentioned it.

Do you think either of those schools would for out the $8.4 million after this season?

thats just my point Sfalco.. it WOULD NOT be made public.. . any exective contract that is open for the public, unless its a privately held entity.. then there are usually the addendums, that are in the drawer... and if I had to bet, I would bet that would be the case here too as well.

And no.. it would not be in the AJC... that much I do know .. for instance, EVERY "good and reasonable" executive contract has an "escape clause".. there is no mention in the article of an escape for either... and it wouldnt be mentioned .. as I said, I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe its not there.. only time will tell..

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by sfalco:
"I don't see them beating Clemson. In fact, if our running game can progress the way I think it will, they will struggle with us."
-JJacket

Nice dangling modifier ya got there! What was it you were saying about education?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I got your dangling modifier right here, mutt!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">haha!!! JJ....Had me LOL for AT LEAST 5 minutes...

laugh.gif
Cheers,
RW4L
drinking.gif

Back