Bark Madley calls out CPJ

Eh, he's pretty much right. The talent has dropped off and we don't make big clutch plays like we used to.

As so he leads you to think. He cares what people think, his job relies on it.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

well we'll see what he's saying after we pound them Dawgs in Athens this year!!!!!

When people get paid to have an opinion, they can come up with something every week. Don't expect their opinions to be consistent or particularly insightful, though. That's why he's writing for the ajc.

It is the truth but the bottom line is Nesbitt made plays Tevin can't.

Exactly.

These blogs won't be being written next year.

I'll complain if they are, but I have always held that Tevin was never meant to start this long. He just wasn't. But Nesbitt broke his arm and we as fans just have to deal with it until the next thing comes along, which I beleive to be a fix in this situation.

I'll bitch if I am wrong, but for now these types of games are my expectation so it's not really that hard for me.

Even if recruiting hasn't improved under CPJ, it certainly hasn't gotten any worse. Weird for anyone to characterize it as a new problem as the esteemed Mr Bradley has chosen to do here. His points about the adaptiveness of CPJ's play calling are odd too, given the ample criticism from many other sources that CPJ has become disastrously more conservative in that arena, even in the last game. But what's weirdest about the article is that the framing of it is essentially "it's not Tech's offense that is causing it to lose". There's just one blurb in the whole thing about the defense not being Alabama, and the rest of it is about Paul Johnson's play calling and recruiting.

Seems like since Paul Johnson lost a game, lots of people feel like whatever issues they have with him must absolutely be the case, and if you have a problem with it, SCOREBOARD! There are some valid criticisms to be had but this is pretty dumb. Everyone is just in such a hurry to be right, though, that my worst fear is we'll never know, one way or the other. I'm glad that remains a seemingly outside shot, for the moment.

Mark should run for politics cause I've never seen someone write something as long as this and as flip-floppy and at the end makes absolutely no sense.

The points he makes in sequence:

1. Says CPJ's offense wasn't at fault
2. Says Al Groh's defense wasn't at fault
3. It's Paul Johnson
4. Coaching same way as he always had been
5. It's cause Nesbitt left
6. Tevin sucks
7. But it's not Tevin's fault
8. Without '08 '09 players offense functions
9. Offense still functions with '12 players
10. But offense can't kill clock
11. Defense was missing tackles, but not defense's fault
12. Tech beat wake in '09 with go-ahead TD in OT
13. '09 CPJ chose to go for 4th and short, it worked
14. '12 CPJ chose to go for 4th and short, it didn't work
15. "Same coach, same bold choice. Different players, different result."
16. Running pro-style offense will leave GT last in league.
17. We just have a "stylized" offense and that's it.

Then perhaps we should run more plays that Tevin can make.

Hard to do that when he checks out of them...or runs out of the pocket...or picks the wrong gap....or isn't quite strong enough....or athletic enough...you see where I am going? It's not that easy.

Back