Bark Madly calls for Richt's head....

GEETEELEE

We suck this much.
There was a time when almost every Richt hunch came up trumps: P-44-Haynes in Knoxville, 70X Takeoff at Auburn, even the ad-libbed Gator Stomp. Now everything he touches turns to sludge. He’s awful at clock management. The squib kick against Tech lost a game all but won. Running outside with Sony Michel on fourth-and-1 didn’t work Saturday. Having Brice Ramsey throw on fourth down from punt formation didn’t, either.

Bumping Faton Bauta from No. 3 to No. 1 was a bold move gone meek. The Bulldogs didn’t try to wrong-foot Florida with option reads. They merely had Bauta run the same offense Greyson Lambert had been running. Bauta threw 33 passes against three rushes. Even after four interceptions, he was left in the game.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...mp=AJC_internallink_110215_bradley_mark_richt

And Jeff Shultz adds to the chorus...

The circumstances at Georgia suggest this: Mark Richt has failed. He should not be back as Georgia’s coach next season.

This isn’t because he is a bad coach or because the Bulldogs are likely to finish with a losing record (they’re 5-3 with four winnable games and a bowl left). It’s because they did not meet expectations – this season, last season and arguably most seasons since 2007, when Georgia went 5-0 against ranked opponents and finished 11-2. It’s because with no drop in resources or support from administration and with a never-ending tap of recruits, Richt has failed to build momentum and take advantage of a run-down SEC East Division.

Richt is a head coach with an offensive background and a specialty in developing quarterbacks. But right now, he oversees a program that has hit an embarrassing low at that position. He failed to recruit and/or develop a quarterback for a second straight season, mismanaged the position, wasted the luxury of a great running game and clearly made a poor hire in offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, who has failed miserably as Mike Bobo’s replacement. Those decisions effectively submarined this season.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...dget&icmp=myajc_internallink_cbpopular_bottom

When you've lost Mark and Jeff, well.

If only all of this could be coinciding with a great season for the Jackets there'd be rejoicing the likes of which have rarely been seen on the GT campus.

Part of me is wondering if Richt would be happy to get fired, get paid his buyout, and then automatically be bumped to top of the list for any head coaching opening to get paid even more. Love the people saying he just needs to resign...screw that. Go get paid.

I so hope they fire Reicht this season. UGa is a better job than Miami, VT, and USCe but not significantly better that they can underpay. With so many P5 openings this year, the market is going to be high. And a lot of those schools are going to hire duds and get stuck with the payout down the road.

If only all of this could be coinciding with a great season for the Jackets there'd be rejoicing the likes of which have rarely been seen on the GT campus.

The Tech Curse in full effect. We can hardly enjoy UGA's misery. :/

UGA likes to think they are Alabama, but, in reality, they are more like South Carolina. They will never live up to the fanbase expectations.

I don't know. See 2009 for a great example of what happens. Richt has stayed employed for the last decade because he beats Tech. This year though, playing us is a no-win situation for him. Beat Tech badly? No one cares because we're terrible. Beat Tech close? He looks bad handling inferior opponents. Lose to Tech? He's out.

UGA likes to think they are Alabama, but, in reality, they are more like South Carolina. They will never live up to the fanbase expectations.

This is a silly statement. South Carolina doesn't have any fanbase expectations.

May as well suck when UGA is also sucking. The last time GT was flying high and UGA was sucking, it was 2009. I don't want that nut-punch to happen again. Better for both teams to limp into a cripple fight.

This is not true. UGA has the money and fans and recruits to be a world beating program. But except for a couple of good runs here and there they have consistently underperformed.

The better parallel is Texas, who had some glory years 40 years ago, thought they'd gotten back there 10 years ago, but then struggled to tell him goodbye, and are now a magnificently underachieving program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be great if they got somebody that would not go 12 - 2 vs GT. Or if we .....

As bad as UGA is at times, they are no Texas.

I have no idea what's happening at Texas. It's just generally incomprehensible.

This is not true. UGA has the money and fans and recruits to be a world beating program. But except for a couple of good runs here and there they have consistently underperformed.

The better parallel is Texas, who had some glory years 40 years ago, thought they'd gotten back there 10 years ago, but then struggled to tell him goodbye, and are now a magnificently underachieving program.

Georgia has the fanbase, resources and recruiting base to be a top program. Their problem is a lack of prestige. The top coaching candidates look for programs with prestige. That's why Saban is at Bama and Urban is at THE Ohio St. You win at places like that, and you're a legend in the coaching ranks. Is Dooley really talked about much outside of the state? I don't think so. That's why, if the USC and Texas jobs are indeed open at the end of the year, Georgia may not have its top pick, as much as their fans think they should.

Can you imagine uga getting a hot new coach that turns their ship around fast and they start blowing everyone out and win the playoff championship? Well don't. :biggrin:

Georgia has the fanbase, resources and recruiting base to be a top program. Their problem is a lack of prestige. The top coaching candidates look for programs with prestige. That's why Saban is at Bama and Urban is at THE Ohio St. You win at places like that, and you're a legend in the coaching ranks. Is Dooley really talked about much outside of the state? I don't think so. That's why, if the USC and Texas jobs are indeed open at the end of the year, Georgia may not have its top pick, as much as their fans think they should.

stop putting them on a pedesal. They have 2 national titles. And Dooley openly admitted to cheating to the nth degree to get kids into the school.

UGA has the resources and fanbase to do a lot, and they should compete for a national title every once in a while (and slightly more often than we do) as they have under Richt. The program has not been held back due to his leadership.

Great, now two of our remaining 3 games are swan song games for departing coaches.

Can this season get any worse?

Or, I guess we could win all 3 and still get to a bowl...

Unless we beat them, all of this is meaningless.

Back