Bark Madly calls for Richt's head....

stop putting them on a pedesal. They have ONE national title. And Dooley openly admitted to cheating to the nth degree to get kids into the school.

UGA has the resources and fanbase to do a lot, and they should compete for a national title every once in a while (and slightly more often than we do) as they have under Richt. The program has not been held back due to his leadership.

They made 1946 up.

UGA likes to think they are Alabama, but, in reality, they are more like South Carolina. They will never live up to the fanbase expectations.
This is so true also, if they run Richt off they will be set back 5 years. When they hired Richt they had to settle for a coordinator and could not lure a head coach. How many coaches want to go to a school that fires a coach averaging 9.5 wins a season.:lol:

What about 1942 and 1980?

1942 is what I meant. They made that one up and then proceeded to say that our victories in actual played games the next few years wouldn't count even though they were actually played games. Scores were made. A clock was running. Refs were there. Fans in the stands. Coaches on the field. The entire smear.

1942 is bogus.

1980 should be removed because they were punished shortly afterwards in the Jan Kemp trials for fraudulently keeping athletes eligible that clearly weren't. All victories from the mid 1970's to Jan Kemp trial should be vacated.

Solid repost, would read again.

This is a silly statement. South Carolina doesn't have any fanbase expectations.

My apologies, the statement should read that UGA fans expect to compete as if they were Alabama, but historically, UGA has performed more like South Carolina.

My apologies, the statement should read that UGA fans expect to compete as if they were Alabama, but historically, UGA has performed more like South Carolina.

And yet whenever they are down, like the mid 1990's, we suck, wet the bed, and don't stomp their guts out. This is one of those moments that we could be a well oiled machine and trounce UGAg and yet we just lost to UVA and things aren't looking real good going into the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

I wouldn't go that far. SC use to suck ass. UGA has never sucked ass, maybe sniffed ass but never sucked it.

1942 is what I meant. They made that one up and then proceeded to say that our victories in actual played games the next few years wouldn't count even though they were actually played games. Scores were made. A clock was running. Refs were there. Fans in the stands. Coaches on the field. The entire smear.

1942 is bogus.

1980 should be removed because they were punished shortly afterwards in the Jan Kemp trials for fraudulently keeping athletes eligible that clearly weren't. All victories from the mid 1970's to Jan Kemp trial should be vacated.
How did they make that up? Just curious if there is more to the story other than the fact that Ohio state was ranked #1 in the AP

How did they make that up? Just curious if there is more to the story other than the fact that Ohio state was ranked #1 in the AP

I had never, ever, ever heard of a 1942 championship until 2000-ish. Hell, even I am confused now as to which one they claim. Even in 1980, it was all about 1980. I don't recall anyone celebrating UGA's second natty title.

Here is the list of who "recognized" their championship in 1942. Pick which one is official to you.

1st-N-Goal
Bill Libby
Billingsley Report
Century Football Index
Cliff Morgan
Clyde Berryman
Edward Litkenhous
Harry DeVold
Harry Frye
Houlgate System
James Howell
Loren Maxwell
Mel Smith
Montgomery Full Season Championship
Nutshell Sports Football Ratings
Poling System
Sagarin Ratings
The State's National Champions
Williamson System

Man, öööö the dwags. But comparing the seasons of uga and OSU in 1942, I'd say their claim isn't totally ridiculous:

1942-Ohio State (Western)

9/26 vs. Fort Knox (non-IA) W 59 0
10/3 vs. *Indiana (7-3) W 32 21
10/10 vs. Southern California (5-5-1) W 28 12
10/17 vs. *Purdue (1-8) W 26 0
10/24 @ *Northwestern (1-9) W 20 6
10/31 @ *Wisconsin (8-1-1) L 7 17
11/7 vs. Pittsburgh (3-6) W 59 19
11/14 vs. *Illinois (6-4) W 44 20 @ Cleveland, OH
11/21 vs. *Michigan (7-3) W 21 7
11/28 vs. Iowa Pre-Flight (7-3) W 41 12

9-1-0

1942-Georgia (SEC)

9/19 vs. *Kentucky (3-6-1) W 7 6 @ Louisville, KY
9/25 vs. Jacksonville NAS (9-3) W 14 0 @ Macon, GA
10/3 vs. Furman (3-6) W 40 7
10/10 vs. *Mississippi (2-7) W 48 13 @ Memphis, TN
10/17 vs. *Tulane (4-5) W 40 0
10/24 @ Cincinnati (non-IA) W 35 13
10/31 vs. *Alabama (8-3) W 21 10 @ Atlanta, GA
11/7 vs. *Florida (3-7) W 75 0 @ Jacksonville, FL
11/14 @ Tennessee-Chattanooga (non-IA) W 40 0
11/21 vs. *Auburn (6-4-1) L 13 27 @ Columbus, GA
11/28 vs. *Georgia Tech (9-2) W 34 0
1/1 vs. UCLA (7-4) W 9 0 @ Pasadena, CA Rose Bowl

11-1-0

And yet whenever they are down, like the mid 1990's, we suck, wet the bed, and don't stomp their guts out. This is one of those moments that we could be a well oiled machine and trounce UGAg and yet we just lost to UVA and things aren't looking real good going into the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Word. Last year's Jackets vs. this year's dwags would be a slaughter that would ensure Bradley's wishes for Richt came true.

Part of me is wondering if Richt would be happy to get fired, get paid his buyout, and then automatically be bumped to top of the list for any head coaching opening to get paid even more. Love the people saying he just needs to resign...screw that. Go get paid.

Holy öööö. Is there any chance he tanks the season to get fired on purpose? It's worth a lot of money to be darn sure.

Word. Last year's Jackets vs. this year's dwags would be a slaughter that would ensure Bradley's wishes for Richt came true.

I learned my lesson sitting through 2009 when UGAg looked like a dumpster fire coming in and we could have knocked them out of a bowl. They ended the game against us with two 200+ yard rushers with both averaging more than 9 YPC

Holy öööö. Is there any chance he tanks the season to get fired on purpose? It's worth a lot of money to be darn sure.

It's where my head is at. I mean, starting your third string QB, and not letting him do what he does best is certainly along that path.

It's where my head is at. I mean, starting your third string QB, and not letting him do what he does best is certainly along that path.

öööö, that would be brilliant. Line up the Miami job then set yourself up for the full severance from UGA.

Wasn't most of Coach Richt's success druing the time when he ran the offense? When he was running the up tempo FSU tye stuff? Maybe the AD's are as much to blame for UGA's downfall as he is. They forced him to hire an Offensive Coordinator.

Whatever the cause of the downfall, I hope it continues on Saturday November 28th.

We beat the mutts and he will be fired. So, it is up to us. You have the think by that time the mutts will have at least one or two more losses coming into Historic Grant Field with nothing to play for and not wanting to be there. Sets up well on Nov 28h.

Back