Bark Madly calls for Richt's head....

I so hope they fire Reicht this season. UGa is a better job than Miami, VT, and USCe but not significantly better that they can underpay. With so many P5 openings this year, the market is going to be high. And a lot of those schools are going to hire duds and get stuck with the payout down the road.

Be careful what you wish for. Georgia doesn't hire Gailey's or Bill Lewises.

By all appearances, Schottenheimer appears to be Offensive Coordinator level Pat Nix.

Since Chubb got hurt, there hasn't been a lot to work with. I mean, when your QBs are Greyson Lambert (how is that not the perfect name for every alleged male student at UVa?), Brice Ramsey and the running sofa, and you have one proven wide receiver, not a lot you can do. Maybe they've fallen out of love with Keith Marshall or they're just afraid he'll get hurt again.

And Georgia's ballyhooed offensive line full of returning starters hasn't been great shakes, either. Hey ... that kinda sounds familiar .... hmmm ....

Since Chubb got hurt, there hasn't been a lot to work with. I mean, when your QBs are Greyson Lambert (how is that not the perfect name for every alleged male student at UVa?), Brice Ramsey and the running sofa, and you have one proven wide receiver, not a lot you can do. Maybe they've fallen out of love with Keith Marshall or they're just afraid he'll get hurt again.

And Georgia's ballyhooed offensive line full of returning starters hasn't been great shakes, either. Hey ... that kinda sounds familiar .... hmmm ....

Are you suggesting they were overrated?? Where's my shockface??

Seriously, I agree with you. When Chubb went down, they lost a leg of the table, and its been wobbly ever since.

Are you suggesting they were overrated?? Where's my shockface??

Seriously, I agree with you. When Chubb went down, they lost a leg of the table, and its been wobbly ever since.

I'd agree they lost a leg off the table, but i would say rather than wobbly they lost a leg off a 3-legged table.

As much as I would love for Richt to be gone, it would be advantageous for UGA to give him one more year:

-They get a good recruiting class and a hyped QB
-They reduce their payout to Richt, Pruitt, and Schottenheimer (they are all gone, together)
-They get better odds at picking up a good coach

Even if Richt goes 50% in November, he ends up an 8 win coach. That is a hard coach to fire.

They'd be fools to fire Richt this year.

But, see, here's the thing.

They're fools.

LINK

To be clear, change is coming at Georgia. It might not be today or even this week, but it’s coming. And we’re not talking about just the quarterback position or the offensive line.

Georgia’s issues at the moment are chiefly with the offense, but it goes beyond that. There is general dysfunction and dissension not only within the team but also within the football staff.

Richt has been issued a directive to fix it, according to several people familiar with the situation. His ability to do that over these final four weeks of the season — as the Bulldogs play Kentucky on Saturday and Auburn, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech after that — will determine not only the futures of some of the coaches on his staff, but Richt’s as well.

That's from Chip Towers.

The more the s-storm swirls around Athens, the more i'm beginning to like Southern's chances to pull off the upset.

Be careful what you wish for. Georgia doesn't hire Gailey's or Bill Lewises.

Goff, Donnan

UGa isn't any better at picking coaches than UT which hired Lane Kiffin and diaper Dooley. And UF brought in Zook and Muschamp. Auburn had Chizik and AL had Shula. Miami has had a string of winners. So has Michigan. Then there is Nebraska and Southern Cal.

Everyone can hire a dud. And with all of the P5 opennings this year, somebody is going to over bid and get burned. It might as well be UGa.

Last edited:
Back