Bark Madly calls for Richt's head....

Goff, Donnan

UGa isn't any better at picking coaches than UT which hired Lane Kiffin and diaper Dooley. And UF brought in Zook and Muschamp. Auburn had Chizik and AL had Shula. Miami has had a string of winners. So has Michigan. Then there is Nebraska and Southern Cal.

Everyone can hire a dud. And with all of the P5 opennings this year, somebody is going to over bid and get burned. It might as well be UGa.

Even Alabama went through a string of mediocre coaches before Saben.

I'll just leave this here....

[y]p6y4ko_8pEY[/y]

[y]JuSoNbO1uPY[/y]

I think if we're all honest with ourselves we would admit that Richt is a good coach, and him being fired would likely be a tremendous benefit to GT. It is possible that they find the next Urban Meyer, but I think it's more likely that they gamble on a hot name assistant and get burned ala BOOM MFER YEAH.

I hope they get turned down by a bunch of big name coaches, then give Pruitt the reigns, and then he drives the UG bus off a cliff

As bad as UGA is at times, they are no Texas.

I have no idea what's happening at Texas. It's just generally incomprehensible.

I think part of it is all the instate competition they have for recruits....TCU, Baylor, A&M are all on the upswing

They hired Goff, Donnan, and tried to hire Glen Mason. They won't get a better Coach than what they have.

Agree completely, but here is the extra bonus boner for UGa canning Reicht. USCe would hire him. He would turn around and sign a top 10 recruiting class after poaching some of UGa's class, including the star QB. UGa's class would come in around 25. USC would have a head coach with built in ties to exactly where they need to recruit, which would hurt UGa long term. Plus he would probably get paid more by UGa than USCe for the next 5 years.

Agree completely, but here is the extra bonus boner for UGa canning Reicht. USCe would hire him. He would turn around and sign a top 10 recruiting class after poaching some of UGa's class, including the star QB. UGa's class would come in around 25. USC would have a head coach with built in ties to exactly where they need to recruit, which would hurt UGa long term. Plus he would probably get paid more by UGa than USCe for the next 5 years.

Of all the possible outcomes of this thing, Richt going to another SEC school is not one I can actually see happening.

I think part of it is all the instate competition they have for recruits....TCU, Baylor, A&M are all on the upswing

They are on the upswing, but it isn't like UT isn't still getting more highly sought recruits. UT has dipped, but TCU and Baylor have been pretty consistent in their 35-45 rankings.

Recruiting Rankings: UT / TCU / Baylor
2011: 3 / 26 /46
2012: 2 / 37 /45
2013: 24 / 30 / 31
2014: 20 / 50 /35
2015: 12 / 34 / 43

The issue with Texas is the amount of money involved and the sheer quantity of handshakes a coach must make there. They have more cooks in the kitchen than any other program in the country. Their greed is also their folly. They are, however, not Georgia, and likewise, Georgia is not Texas.

Back