Beau Bock is a IDIOT!

law_bee

Dodd-Like
he has picked GT to go 0-12. That is a disgrace. No one will ever get me to believe that is not a personal jab at our coach/ad.

I would rather WREK be the flagship than have that joke of a station represent GT.

steak shapiro and even mike bell were on bock's case today. they were telling him to temper this stand of his .. change it to something like tech will have a bad year.

he wouldn't budge. they even called him out saying that he didn't like chan and was projecting his dislike in his predictions.

then the kicker was that they got bock's daughter paige on the air and paige told shapiro to lay off of her dad. paige is like .. my dad is the dean of sports in atlanta .. lay off of him .. lol

Originally posted by ylojk8:
steak shapiro and even mike bell were on bock's case today. they were telling him to temper this stand of his .. change it to something like tech will have a bad year.

he wouldn't budge. they even called him out saying that he didn't like chan and was projecting his dislike in his predictions.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't his entire 0-12 prediction based on a loss tonight? Seems to me that he has said several times "if Tech loses to BYU, they won't win a game."

He's an idiot either way, but I sort of read between the lines that he feels like we'll either win 0 or win a few....

Originally posted by ylojk8:

then the kicker was that they got bock's daughter paige on the air and paige told shapiro to lay off of her dad. paige is like .. my dad is the dean of sports in atlanta .. lay off of him .. lol
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ylo, that actually is the best news I have heard in a while...Beau is NEVER RIGHT ON ANYTHING! Now that is a really good omen for tonite. Can I change my prediction?

I have never put much credibility into anything Beau Bock says. He is the same person who thought Jerry Glanville was one of the best NFL coaches around and the Falcons should not have fired him.

What do you expect from someone whose real name is Wally. Maybe he should go back to "Wally's World".

Go Jackets

well, it's obvious that chan gailey isn't good with the media and it's obvious that bock likes attention.

i was at practice when bock came to see tech practice. bock made himself look important, waving around to everybody, stopping here and there, chatting with folk .. then promptly walked towards the sideline in the middle of the 2 practice fields to watch closer.

story goes that he was told to promptly leave and watch practice with everyone else. he was pissed and i hear that he was grumbling that he had to go watch practice with the moms and regular fans.

bock is saying that tech goes 0-12. if we win tonight, obviously tech doesn't go 0-12 .. lol .. so yeah, it's all about tonight!

but i understand what you're saying chilidog .. i'm not sure if bock made the statement that if tech loses today it goes 0'fer and if it wins today .. it wins a few more.

one game at a time!

Originally posted by YJ1971:
I have never put much credibility into anything Beau Bock says. He is the same person who thought Jerry Glanville was one of the best NFL coaches around and the Falcons should not have fired him.

What do you expect from someone whose real name is Wally. Maybe he should go back to "Wally's World".

Go Jackets
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You know what "Wally" means in England...the Brits are usually right.

Originally posted by Jack_it:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by YJ1971:

Go Jackets
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You know what "Wally" means in England...the Brits are usually right.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Cool story Ylo! I like the attitude by Chan if true. "Get the hell off of my practice field".

There is a time and place for the media. Rose Bowl is not it.

Bock like any good shockjock makes bold predictions... His most famous one was in '98 when the Falcons were something like 5-2 & he predicted they would win their last 9 games... Everyone thought he was crazy but turned out he was right !!

gailey has a great opportunity tonight and this season as the media & many fans obviously have little respect for him as a coach... He's got all to gain & nothing to lose....

I think if God came to BDS for the viewing part tonight and said, "Tech will go winless this year".. many of you would call him an "Idiot"....

Originally posted by BeeBad:

I think if God came to BDS for the viewing part tonight and said, "Tech will go winless this year".. many of you would call him an "Idiot"....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">i think you are an idiot if you think that.

Heard that this morning. It is definately part of an anti-Chan thing with Bock.

He mentioned specifically that GT no longer had the Bill O'Brien offense and that it missed the previous coach.

Bock has been largely an idiot in Atlanta for 20+ years. HE plays coaching favorites big time. He loved BC and really railed against GT when Bobby retired. He is a huge Glanville fan (who imo was a very mediocre coach).

What Beau likes is guys who are in your face and full of attitude. if your personality is not that he thinks you are a weak coach.

RamblinRed

Ramblin: I agree and disagree - I have heard him say great things about Mark Richt and he's not an 'in your face' coach. I have heard him talk good things about Tommy Tuberville, a low key guy.

I believe you are correct in saying he has 'HIS' favorites but I don't see it as a personality trait rather then HIS feelings for that coach. Now, do I like the 0-12 prediction - NO and it might be his feelings towards Chan's coaching ability not personality.

I would hope and pray that he is totally wrong in his prediction!

Originally posted by RamblinRed:
Heard that this morning. It is definately part of an anti-Chan thing with Bock.

He mentioned specifically that GT no longer had the Bill O'Brien offense and that it missed the previous coach.

Bock has been largely an idiot in Atlanta for 20+ years. HE plays coaching favorites big time. He loved BC and really railed against GT when Bobby retired. He is a huge Glanville fan (who imo was a very mediocre coach).

What Beau likes is guys who are in your face and full of attitude. if your personality is not that he thinks you are a weak coach.

RamblinRed
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's definately anit Chan with Beau. I don't know if it is a petty personal thing or he doesn't like him as the GT coach, it's probably a combination of both.

Given Beau's "portly" size, maybe he Chan cut in front of him in the all you can eat buffet line?

who is this beau bock and what is this 790 the zone station?

i live 45 minutes from atl and i get nothing but static on 790 am!

wink.gif

Originally posted by wggjacket:
who is this beau bock and what is this 790 the zone station?

i live 45 minutes from atl and i get nothing but static on 790 am!

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Awesome!! Very, very funny!!
laugh.gif

And on the actual subject: Completely agree with what Steak said and what Ylo mentioned above. He's taken out his dislike by making this prediction. He knows they will win some games but he's being a jerk on purpose to make a point.

Steak is cool. I like Steak a lot. Beau is a tard and even though I despise Mike Bell he is funny as heck. He does some really great impersonations.

That being said when Beau's prediction is wrong tomorrow he will already be eating Crow Flambe. The "Dean" of Atlanta Sports? Only because he has tenure lol!
laugh.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
Now, do I like the 0-12 prediction - NO and it might be his feelings towards Chan's coaching ability not personality.

I would hope and pray that he is totally wrong in his prediction!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Of course all of us Tech fans hope he is wrong.

But the fact of the matter is the possibility of Tech going 0-12... or something close... is being talked about all over the place....not just by Beau Bock.

Apparently, people actually watched our games last year.

The ugag and fresno games last year were the worst coached games I have ever seen in my life.

Let us hope that we can win tonight in spite of our coaching deficiencies.

Back