Beau Bock is a IDIOT!

Why do we fall for the same radio crap (or should I say those of you in the parking lot that can pick up 790). Beau is an incompetent jerk that is never right. In my opinion the odds are much higher of us going 12-0 than they are 0-12.

Mstech...Youve, blurred my point two or three times today on issues...
My main point being:
It doesnt matter if we go 13-0, 12-1, 11-2, 10-3, 9-4 All of which would be miraculous seasons for this years team..For one or two here it doesnt matter (BeeBad is absolutley the Worst) they are going to pout about Chan all day long....

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Mstech...Youve, blurred my point two or three times today on issues...
My main point being:
It doesnt matter if we go 13-0, 12-1, 11-2, 10-3, 9-4 All of which would be miraculous seasons for this years team..For one or two here it doesnt matter (BeeBad is absolutley the Worst) they are going to pout about Chan all day long....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why don't we post some of those records and then lets see how negative everyone is. I would bet that there would be very little. Sure there are some that will dislike any coach, I bet Dodd had his detractors. Others would try to put a positive spin on an o-fer season (god forbid). Pre-attacking people for how negative they would be during some hypothetical great season seems silly to me.

If gailey goes 9-4 this year I will crawl down Peachtree on my hands & knees and bark at the moon....

Long time lurker, first time poster. Found this site through the Hive.

Honest question(s) for those concerned about Gailey's coaching ability.

1. Frequent reference is made to the way last season ended (UGAG and Fresno St.)as evidence Gailey can't cut it at Tech. Without flaming anyone, I honestly don't see the difference in the way last season ended vs. the prior year. Frankly, O'Leary's last game vs. UGAG was a bigger disappointment as that team had more promise, Goose at QB, and had been with O'Leary for years. That team flat out quit in that game, and got physically manhandled. There were rumblings in the aftermath of that game that O'Leary's style was no longer working at Tech. My question is, do you see a distinction in the way 2002 ended vs. 2003?

2. What is it about Gailey that gives you the most concern? Please keep it to coaching/recruiting, as I don't buy the "he doesn't speak well, or he doesn't make friends in the media". As a Tech fan since the late 1960's, we have never had friends in the AUC or local media.

Again, I'm attempting to cut through the personal attacks from those on both sides of the Gailey divide, and understand why there is such a deeply held belief he can't do the job.

TD...Welcome and post more often..

Good post!!!!!

Im not trying to flame these naysayers either.ut some of us have come to the conclusion that Chan just doesnt fit their profile of what they want in a HC..It could be he is not from the NE. Or it could Be he is Baptist..It could Be that he just isnt Charasmatic..Heck MarK Richt isnt Charasmatic either. Or it could be he doent go out of his way to rub noses with them. as far as goes Ross never did...Who knows..He just doesnt fit the profile these FEW have in mind for their coach..One things for SURE (THEY will never admit it) Your right..Oleary was no better his last year here and as far as that goes, So went The Fridge So went Oleary as far as winning...

Originally posted by td_gtgsu:

1. Frequent reference is made to the way last season ended (UGAG and Fresno St.)as evidence Gailey can't cut it at Tech. Without flaming anyone, I honestly don't see the difference in the way last season ended vs. the prior year. Frankly, O'Leary's last game vs. UGAG was a bigger disappointment as that team had more promise, Goose at QB, and had been with O'Leary for years. That team flat out quit in that game, and got physically manhandled. There were rumblings in the aftermath of that game that O'Leary's style was no longer working at Tech. My question is, do you see a distinction in the way 2002 ended vs. 2003?

2. What is it about Gailey that gives you the most concern? Please keep it to coaching/recruiting, as I don't buy the "he doesn't speak well, or he doesn't make friends in the media". As a Tech fan since the late 1960's, we have never had friends in the AUC or local media.

Again, I'm attempting to cut through the personal attacks from those on both sides of the Gailey divide, and understand why there is such a deeply held belief he can't do the job.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Good post TD... I have posted the same thing a coupole of times.. some on this board have elevators that stop along the midpoint.

"So went The Fridge So went Oleary as far as winning... "

The record certainly supports this, as O'Leary's record w/o Fridge was close to or maybe even sub .500. However, I give O'Leary great credit for rescuing a substandard program and making great hires where needed on his staff.

I can't put my finger on it, but something happened after Fridge left. My sense is O'Leary's style, which was buffered somewhat by Fridge, became tougher to deal with as both Roof and O'Brien had significantly less experience.

We owe O'Leary a huge debt of gratitude for rescuing this program. But, something went wrong his last year. That said, the jury is out on Gailey, but the man has been successful everywhere he has been.

Go Jackets.

Do you remember when Pat Dye said that Uga would be manhandled by Alabama's defense?

Pat Dye former Auburn coach and Uga player.

Why does anyone put credence in Beau Bock? He is quite simply a panderer to those rating gurus. He now has the GT faithful aroused to listen to his innane remarks so the ratings are maybe better. Me thinks he played too much football @ the Citadel without his helmet.
rant.gif

I hope that GT does well. It is a long season and I personally want the best effort possible from all those involved with the program.
soapbox.gif

GUYS, PLEASE. We have 4 hours till kickoff for our 1st game. Let's not rehash this same crap over again. Let's all stand together for the damn team regardless who's our coach. It's MY TECH TEAM TOO!

Beersnut..If beebad and the few would agree to shut their NEGATIVE talk and slants UP..On gameday..I think we would all be in unison...AT THE VERY LEAST HE COULD DO THAT ON GAMEDAY.....

td-gtgsu, I will show you some very interesting figures I have compiled that will answer your question. I will try to put the post on the board tomorrow.

Father Time

Beau simply is disgusted with this staff and with the last 2 games last yr.

Frankly, I am disgusted also, but 0-12 is a bit ridiculous.

Waiting the entire season is NOT an option. Something positive has to happen for this team before the season ends.

Losing STINKS and I don't want GT to lose ever - but we must see a better product/performance LONG BEFORE the season ends!

Predictions are one thing - PERFORMANCE is EVERYTHING! Let's not start this 'you are a UGAG fan' again - it's old and not true!

Now.. Now.. MsTech....

We all know youve been laying low and not saying much the last 2 weeks...Your setting yourself up..To Bash Chan over the 1st loss..I dont care if that 1st loss miracously comes deep into the season..Your ready to pounce on him...

Originally posted by td_gtgsu:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I don't see how you can say the previous year was worse. We led in the 4th quarter the year before. Last years game was the worst defeat in the entire 100+ year history of the series. The players may of quit under O'Leary, they never started under Gailey.

Back