BeeBad, My Promised Statement

Originally posted by DaveTech:
Definitely not one conditioned by CG and his staff.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bravo for the snappy comeback!

rolleyes.gif

BTW, thanks for answering the question.

I have just had a chance to read all the responses from my post.

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SAY THINGS IN MY BEHALF THAT I HAVE NOT SAID.

Read my post again and pay close attention to what I said.

Yes, GW, I have always been brutally honest. I call things the way I see them.

I still do not think O'Brien was a good offensive coordinator. He was 8-5 and 7-6 in his two years as OC. That is average at best. The book is still out on O'Brien, and we will not be able to finish the book until he has more chapters in his book than two chapters.

I have not called for the firing of Chan Gailey. Do not mistake my post for that. I merely answered BeeBad's original question, which was "do I think he will make it at Tech?". Under the present circumstances, I said it appears he will not make it unless a miracle happens.

I gave the reason. It is because the wolves will be out after blood, and this first game did not improve his chances. It lessened his chances of survival. I also stated he should be given the right to finish the year.

I still stand behind my original posts before the game that there is a segment who did not want him to succeed, and that segment has added to his demise. I still do not respect that segments attempt to get rid of him in the manner they attempted. Why? Some had ulterior motives other than his coaching ability.

I have not come over to anyone's side. I merely stated my opinion of the game, the deficiencies I noted, and Gailey's chances of survival from here on into the season.

By the way, I do think it was proper to give the starting quarterback job to Ball. He is going to be good, but he had some jitters last night and overthrew some receivers. I do think Bilbo will be a better receiver than quarterback in his attempt to become pro material.

Father Time

Did anyone consider the limited academic programs as a potential road block to improving our program?

Originally posted by ParkinJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by DaveTech:
Definitely not one conditioned by CG and his staff.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Bravo for the snappy comeback!

rolleyes.gif

BTW, thanks for answering the question.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Parkin, you can't get anything past DaveTech! He's always ready to piss on something.

Ahso.

After reading your original post, I thought you had actually gone over to the "Dark Side". My mistake--must have been my frustration from last night.

Go Jackets

Huh? What defense in the country would be playing well at the end of a game wherein they were on the field twice as long as their counterparts?

Did you miss the first half?

Ahso...Your a good man and have been on target for the way things are at GT currently..

I know certain people cant stand this BUT:Under the current situation NO COACH i mean NO coach could have a successful year here with these limitations and the brutal schedule we have.

Let use another example of a young guys getting a chance, like Bob Swoops at Oklahoma. How would we be now if we took a chance on Mickey from FSU? Yes he is older but definitely not pro. Would we be in the same place?

This program has a 'storied' positive history (good).

This school has national and international prominence (good).

This football program has consistent recent successes (good).

This school is located in a multicultural southern mecca - Atlanta (good).

This school is in a great conference that's about to get better (good).

This school has great fan support (more diehards then most) (good).

This school has just enhanced it's storied football stadium (good).

This program has just enhanced it's out-of-conference schedule (good).

This school/program has exceptional academic excellence (good).

This program/school has EVERYTHING an outstanding coach would want to come to! I can think of many who would jump at the chance. Don't sell this school, program and city short!

If the time comes that we need another coach - I'll give my candidates. But until that time, this school and program should never think we don't have something special here that ANY COACH wouldn't want to come to!

PS: And how could I forget ... THE MONEY!

Originally posted by bizzybee:
Ahso, I agree with most of your post. Since we are undermanned, I'm not too sure that a frosh qb is the right decision. Under normal circumstances, it would be great, but we need more innovative playcalling to counter our weaknesses. So, if CG is going to stay with such a vanilla offense, we might need to see more of Bilbo and Suggs in certain situations. Just an idea. In order for Ball to succeed, he would need better playmakers. PJ and Dixon aren't quick enough to break a run and Ball needs a good rb.

I agree also with your assessment of adjustments not being made on D, also. Ball control, not Reggie Ball, but football is going to be a real factor or our D is going to die out there.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you want to see Bilbo or suggs at all after the night Reggie had in his very first game, you need SERIOUS help. That was the dumbest statement I've heard.

I am among the heartbroken, not the retaliators this morning.
Unlike most everyone else I have read, I am still not unconvinced on Chan. (By the way, would we be fussing more or less if we lost as did Coach Ralph and his excellent staff)? Maryland picked much higher; lost to an unranked, storied to have a better all around staff, and all in all possessing one of the greatest Offensive minds in all the game).
I personally am happy with Ball. Given last year's supporting cast I think we could be looking at a banner year. I believe Ball will get smoother, better, more polished as the year goes by and also believe the same about our linemen (O & D). Personally, I would have last night liked to have seen the chance a steam roller back (our 2 FBs) making the byu d feel a few more bruises. I still like Tanuta, And D'a,
and all the rest. I look for improvement. That also is what most everyone on this board the past month or so said they would be judging. I ususally am a reactionary type personality, but as much as I despised losing last night: I personally think we have a lot of good things to come. Anybody wanting to sell land or bridges, just show me the deeds.
wink.gif

This program has a 'storied' positive history (good).

This school has national and internatioal prominence (good).

This football program has consistent recent successes (good).

This school is located in a multicultural southern mecca - Atlanta (good).

This school is in a great conference that's about to get better (good).

This school has great fan support (more diehards then most) (good).

This school has just enhanced it's storied football stadium (good).

This program has just enhanced it's out-of-conference schedule (good).

This school/program has exceptional academic excellence (good).

This program/school has EVERYTHING an outstanding coach would want to come to! I can think of many who would jump at the chance. Don't sell this school, program and city short!

If the time comes that we need another coach - I give my candidates. But until that time, this school and program should never think we don't have something special here that ANY COACH wouldn't want to come to!

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
First of all let me say..I like everyone (Im still convinced there are a couple of disguisedf Bulldogs here on this board probably just a couple though) Else LOVE GT above all else..And want what is best for our team...If Chan does not prove to be the man here at GT Who would want this job??? Im real concerned (Like AHSO..I feel Chan has his back against the wall) If we end up having to fire Chan at some point it kills us as far as NFL coaches wanting this job..There has to be a real concern as to who we could attract..After VT snuck into the ACC that killed any chance of getting Beamer...The criminal here is Ms. Moore..What she did has set us back for several years...You dont think every potential HC would not know this?? Talk to Ralph,To Chan,To Ross Well respected Football men..You dont think any high profile Head Coaching prospect wont talk to them or others and they will hear an earfull about the current situation at GT?? This really concerns me!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your obsession with "bulldogs in disguise" is nauseating. BlackWatch, you just have to understand that there are people on htis board who love GT but do not like our coach or GTAA in the slightest. After last nights performance, it's hard to defend the coach. We didn't have our best product on the field because of Moore. The product we did have out there didn't play well in their own right. Gailey is not absolved of responsibility because of Moore. Last night sucked a lot, and he was directly responsible for most of it.

Mstech....
Dont give me that pious better than you attitude..Your NO better than me to judge the situation here..

While i KNOW ALL THAT...
Thats NOT THE POINT...

I KNOW YOU BLAME IT ALL ON CHAN....
BUT you need to get your head out of the sand...

THERE ARE MAJOR OBSTACLES HERE AT GT RIGHT NOW...UNLIKE ANY OTHER TIME IN OUR HISTORY...

TO not admit that is like you being the Minister of Misinformation of IRAQ...

You dont think that EVERY potential HC out there doesnt know About the Academic Flunk out mess here???? NO OTHER PRPGRAM has been hit that hard in recent memory....

To think otherwise would AGAIN be putting your head in the sand peroid..

By the way ive been a GT fan just as long and probable longer you..Dont lecture me again about our tradition and history...I like you are NO MORE a fan and supporter than the other....

MSTA, I don't think anyone would argue your point that we cannot get the best there is to coach at Tech.

i will say this though... Until GT higher ups (namely Clough) pull their head out of their ass and try to create some curriculum that influences the top players to play at Tech and more importantly, STAY at Tech, then ANY coach will know that by coaching at Tech, you have a competitive disadvantage. That's just a fact. If I'm said coach and two good programs approach me to coach, and one of them requires harder standards that are beyond my control BUT effect my football team, which one to you think I choose to go coach??

BY the way BOR..Im not saying that there are a lot of Bulldog fans on here..I said a Couple that means 1 or 2...I DO know that 99.9% are True GT fans but there are a couple here that constantly love to stir things up..Unlike Today when everyone is Mad...

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Mstech....
Dont give me that pious better than you attitude..Your NO better than me to judge the situation here..

While i KNOW ALL THAT...
Thats NOT THE POINT...

I KNOW YOU BLAME IT ALL ON CHAN....
BUT you need to get your head out of the sand...

THERE ARE MAJOR OBSTACLES HERE AT GT RIGHT NOW...UNLIKE ANY OTHER TIME IN OUR HISTORY...

TO not admit that is like you being the Minister of Misinformation of IRAQ...

You dont think that EVERY potential HC out there doesnt know About the Academic Flunk out mess here???? NO OTHER PRPGRAM has been hit that hard in recent memory....

To think otherwise would AGAIN be putting your head in the sand peroid..

By the way ive been a GT fan just as long and probable longer you..Dont lecture me again about our tradition and history...I like you are NO MORE a fan and supporter than the other....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why in the world would you take my response as NEGATIVE???? I just gave you all the "GOOD" reasons why would entice a good coach and you're lecturing me about what???? You need to get your head out of the sand and read carefully my response!

Flunkgate came under Chan's watch. Other coaches didn't have a "flunkgate". If you think that would deter other good coaches from looking at GT - I totally disagree! Just maybe, other coaches know that watching the academic side of the job is also a 'high priority'!

I didn't mention Chan here - you did. I answered you as to why I believe the GT job is one of the better jobs in the country! Why coaches would LOVE the opportunity! Get a grip, I know you're fighting for your life today and I can understand why!

Bor..You hit the nail on the head there along with Flunk Gate..That RIGHT NOW SOME MAJOR CHANGES HAVE TO BE DONE HERE IN ORDER FOR US TO GET THE VERY BEST HEAD COACH..To think otherwise someone would have to have their head in the sand...Thats my main point and to Mstech...Im not trying to be mean to Mstech who is a LOYAL fan but making a very true ponit...Oleary Although he brought us up was NOT the TOP NOTCH HEAD COACH we could attract if some of these changes that HAVE to be made are done..Its TIME the Big donors exact CHANGE.....

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
MSTA, I don't think anyone would argue your point that we cannot get the best there is to coach at Tech.

i will say this though... Until GT higher ups (namely Clough) pull their head out of their ass and try to create some curriculum that influences the top players to play at Tech and more importantly, STAY at Tech, then ANY coach will know that by coaching at Tech, you have a competitive disadvantage. That's just a fact. If I'm said coach and two good programs approach me to coach, and one of them requires harder standards that are beyond my control BUT effect my football team, which one to you think I choose to go coach??
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I can agree with you on Clough. I can also agree that there would be coaches who might shy away from the academic standards, but I also believe there are those who have been in them already and could handle it and prosper.

Do you believe 'flunkgate' was because of the standards or because no one was overseeing their academic well being? A sincere question here?

From what I know - it was the latter.

Back