BeeBad, My Promised Statement

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Mstech....
Dont give me that pious better than you attitude..Your NO better than me to judge the situation here..

While i KNOW ALL THAT...
Thats NOT THE POINT...

I KNOW YOU BLAME IT ALL ON CHAN....
BUT you need to get your head out of the sand...

THERE ARE MAJOR OBSTACLES HERE AT GT RIGHT NOW...UNLIKE ANY OTHER TIME IN OUR HISTORY...

TO not admit that is like you being the Minister of Misinformation of IRAQ...

You dont think that EVERY potential HC out there doesnt know About the Academic Flunk out mess here???? NO OTHER PRPGRAM has been hit that hard in recent memory....

To think otherwise would AGAIN be putting your head in the sand peroid..

By the way ive been a GT fan just as long and probable longer you..Dont lecture me again about our tradition and history...I like you are NO MORE a fan and supporter than the other....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why in the world would you take my response as NEGATIVE???? I just gave you all the "GOOD" reasons why would entice a good coach and you're lecturing me about what???? You need to get your head out of the sand and read carefully my response!

Flunkgate came under Chan's watch. Other coaches didn't have a "flunkgate". If you think that would deter other good coaches from looking at GT - I totally disagree! Just maybe, other coaches know that watching the academic side of the job is also a 'high priority'!

I didn't mention Chan here - you did. I answered you as to why I believe the GT job is one of the better jobs in the country! Why coaches would LOVE the opportunity! Get a grip, I know you're fighting for your life today and I can understand why!

Mstech...You cant tell me that THE LADY..Didnt have it in for GT Football..And furthermore you cant blame Chan for HER and HER doings..He was in his first year and cant be blamed for her..Thats ludicrous..Thats why Mr. Stephens was QUICKLY brought in...Im NOT just a blind Chan supporter..Im just for being truthful...

Everything is this thread gives proof why a college should not hire an NFL coach. The game is totally different. Look at the comparison to Joe Gibbs. You run a totally different offense in the pros. You want your QB to stay in the pocket so he can be protected. You do not want him running the ball. (Michael Vick is an exception.) The college game is designed for the mobile multi talented QB who can run, pass or execute various option plays. This is why the college game is more fun to watch.

I was against GT hiring a pro coach for these reasons. Especially one who hadn’t been involved in the college ranks for over 10 years. We need someone who understands the college game and the academics that go with it.

Excellent point BOR, the warning signs were back in 2001 when Tom O'Brien a graduate of the Naval Academy and the head coach of Boston College (hardly a football factory) took his name out of consideration after seeing the academic constraints that were going to be put on. I have my doubts about Gailey but there is no way in the world a Frank Beamer or somebody like him will come to Tech unless Clough pulls his head out and grabs a clue.

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Mstech...You cant tell me that THE LADY..Didnt have it in for GT Football..And furthermore you cant blame Chan for HER and HER doings..He was in his first year and cant be blamed for her..Thats ludicrous..Thats why Mr. Stephens was QUICKLY brought in...Im NOT just a blind Chan supporter..Im just for being truthful...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My point in all of this is - YOU HAVE TO KNOW your program. If I take a job, I have to know what I am going to be dealing with first! Can I handle it and will I be able to succeed, that's just common sense.

When Tom O'Brien the current Boston College coach was interviewed for the GT job ... he asked those academic questions in the interview. He was told they will be getting tougher. Being a BC alum I know this for a fact. This was also a part of an article I read in the paper as well.

He backed away. His perrogative - but he asked those important questions first and he decided he didn't want to deal with it and withdrew from consideration.

Carol Moore was here long before this came about and she was 'controlled'. Whoever is at the helm has to have control and know what they are dealing with.

In any case, it's water under the bridge but I still believe GT is a great job and there are those out there, if it's not Chan, that can succeed. We did it before, we can do it again.

GMC 68 Coach Groh, Coach Holtz, Coach Carroll prove that theory wrong...

I will say WITHOUT FLUNKGATE we would have won last night..You realize that it wiped out our DL and top 2 RBs and thats where we lost the game....That will be the story ALL year..Our Defense on the field way too long and DL wearing down EARLY...No way around it!!!

BW I admit there are exceptions to every rule. CG is not one of them. As for flunkgate, it happened. It can't be changed. Those players aren't coming back. Move on and make suggestions on how to fill the void created by their leaving. We cant change the past.

Mstech...
One correction...A major one at that...

What BOR and i are saying UNLESS THERE ARE CHANGES..WE WILL NOT I REPEAT NOT ATTRACT A HEAD COACH THAT CAN BEAT FSU AND NOW MIAMI...

It wont happen...Oleary couldnt beat FSU and never would..We were all lulled into thinking we could when Friedgen was here BUT WE DIDNT...

THERE HAS TO BE CHANGES FOR US TO BE ABLE to get A Bobby Bowden or Bob Stops type coach..If the changes are made..We have EVERYTHING ELSE TO OFFER...The facilities, the ACC, ATLANTA, and a LONG TRADITION...

Black Watch, thank you brother for saying some things in such as way that I cannot (lack of power of expression) but am in complete agreement with. I agree with you wholeheartedly and hope and pray for your perserverance.

ahso.. Before responding to your post, I'd like to ask you.. Do you still feel the same? You posted right after the game when emotion & perhaps a fermented malt beverage or 2 may have been doing the talking... Would you like to retract?.. If not, would you like to perhaps alter.. No prob if you would like to, I've changed my mind a day or 2 after the game...

BeeBad, if a glass of tea or a diet coke will alter my senses, I don't expect any liquids affected the reasoning in my post.

Before you make your reply, you need to correct some of the problems you have exhibited in the past. At times, you have attributed to me statements I have not made. So, you need to read both my original post and subpost under this thread.

Once you understand perfectly the intent of my post, then make your reply.

By the way, I was blessed from my youth up with a keen mind. I have studied the Bible and many other books by wise men. I have tried to consult with wise people for my understanding. I sincerely believe I have gained wisdom to go along with the knowledge I have gathered over the years.

With this in mind, why should I want to dull those senses with any alcoholic beverages or drugs. I prefer to keep my mind as clear and as sharp as possible (despite the fact of aging). No, my original statements were well thought out and I stand by them.

Father Time

Back