Big 10 ded.

A 5% metric for what though? Same thing applies? Just looked at GA county size and population chart:

Fulton county is 526 square miles with 967,100 population
Jefferson county is 526 square miles with 16,554 population

So should Jefferson county shut everything down in that area when they have 828 active positive cases yet Fulton county plugs along until they hit 48,355? That's 5% of each population in the same size area.

math_gifs_will_not_make_you_smarter_but_what_if_they_do_05.gif

And now the Pac12 is on an even smaller island. The wild thing is nobody cares. Officially the Power 4 now.
The funny thing is PAC12 really has no say. All of the PAC schools are in states run by leftist loons that make the call over anything the conference could do.

OK so here is what I don't get about the testing. I have immediate family that have tested positive and are recovering. They were told by their Dr.'s that there is no need to be tested again for 90 days because it will show back up for that long. So how are guys getting it, recovering then testing negative?

Need the resident doctors to weigh in, but I believe it may have something to do with the sensitivity of the tests. The rapid tests being used by sports leagues are less sensitive, meaning they are only detecting the virus if there is a high viral load, which means an active, contagious infection. The clinical tests that average joes can get are very sensitive and can pick up tiny leftover traces of the virus.

A 5% metric for what though? Same thing applies? Just looked at GA county size and population chart:

Fulton county is 526 square miles with 967,100 population
Jefferson county is 526 square miles with 16,554 population

So should Jefferson county shut everything down in that area when they have 828 active positive cases yet Fulton county plugs along until they hit 48,355? That's 5% of each population in the same size area.

I'm not trying to get into all the particulars around COVID. I'm assuming that is where they got that number but I agree with you that it isn't relevant to a football team due to the size of the population. I don't think it is a good metric for football teams. It is supposed to be a good metric for a large population.

Need the resident doctors to weigh in, but I believe it may have something to do with the sensitivity of the tests. The rapid tests being used by sports leagues are less sensitive, meaning they are only detecting the virus if there is a high viral load, which means an active, contagious infection. The clinical tests that average joes can get are very sensitive and can pick up tiny leftover traces of the virus.

That could be it. I would assume he meant that you can't get infected again so a test would be wasteful. All the science currently says the average person should have immunity for 90 days, post sickness/infection (not sure which).

That could be it. I would assume he meant that you can't get infected again so a test would be wasteful. All the science currently says the average person should have immunity for 90 days, post sickness/infection (not sure which).
Yeah I thought that too but he specifically said that residuals will show up and give a positive test result for that long.

Back