Big 10 ded.

I really like how they're talking about new advancements in testing and tracing making it OK to play now (just in time to squeeze in NCAA bowl eligibility and therefore a CFP slot), but a month ago we playing leagues were deplorable uneducated hicks who don't value human life.

Reminds me of how the BCS was necessary rather than a playoff because final exams... right up until the BCS title game got bad ratings with an SEC rematch.

Big 10 letting the science dictate their actions. Unfounded predictions by ridiculous scientists that the death toll in the US hits 450,000 by Christmas led to the decision - the science indicates play this fall or you will likely be dead in the spring. Of course, their reversal had nothing to do with $$$ or jealousy from watching others play.

So Big 10 goes rogue to announce conference-only for the PR. Then they go rogue to announce cancelled season for the PR. Then they claim safety first - unlike other conferences. Then they realize everybody else is gonna play anyway. Then they realize how much money they’re about to lose relative to everybody else.

And now they claim “new information” saying it’s safer to play now - with two of their program halting football actions due to COVID - than it was 2 months ago. After almost tanking the season for everybody due to their arrogance.

I pray the CFBP decides they haven’t played enough games to be included.

So Big 10 goes rogue to announce conference-only for the PR. Then they go rogue to announce cancelled season for the PR. Then they claim safety first - unlike other conferences. Then they realize everybody else is gonna play anyway. Then they realize how much money they’re about to lose relative to everybody else.

And now they claim “new information” saying it’s safer to play now - with two of their program halting football actions due to COVID - than it was 2 months ago. After almost tanking the season for everybody due to their arrogance.

I pray the CFBP decides they haven’t played enough games to be included.
Seems to me they wanted to be viewed as the ones who were "ahead of the curve" and "put safety before profits". They probably assumed every other conference would follow suit, and they would be remembered as the trailblazers. They're one big mistake was not realizing just how crazy the south is for football. Especially right now.

I bet all the "new technology" making it possible is just them watching coach Collins talk about how we've managed it at Tech.

So I would be telling all the recruits that the ACC led the way and the B1G waited for the ACC to demonstrate leadership so it could follow on two months later. And I would ask: "Do you want to sign with a school that might do this again next year? Do you want to take that chance?"

This is going to kill B1G recruiting at least for the upcoming signing class and they have already been falling behind.

And we should be cleaning up west of the Mississippi with the PAC 12 just falling into the icy depths of the Pacific.

So I would be telling all the recruits that the ACC led the way and the B1G waited for the ACC to demonstrate leadership so it could follow on two months later. And I would ask: "Do you want to sign with a school that might do this again next year? Do you want to take that chance?"

This is going to kill B1G recruiting at least for the upcoming signing class and they have already been falling behind.

And we should be cleaning up west of the Mississippi with the PAC 12 just falling into the icy depths of the Pacific.
It probably didn't help that Saban called spring ball "JV ball" as a dig at the Big10 and PAC12.
I do like that Collins doesn't really snip at other programs. He is 100% GT all the time.

It probably didn't help that Saban called spring ball "JV ball" as a dig at the Big10 and PAC12.
I do like that Collins doesn't really snip at other programs. He is 100% GT all the time.

I took Saban's comment to mean spring ball would be without the best players who would be prepping for the NFL combine and draft without risk of injury. But I like your interpretation.

So they’re starting Oct 24th. And the cutoff to play the Championship Game for inclusion in the playoff appears to be Dec 19th. So that means they could play an 8 game schedule with no bye weeks and no make-up game weeks. That’s ambitious.

I bet all the "new technology" making it possible is just them watching coach Collins talk about how we've managed it at Tech.

They are saying it is the brand new rapid antigen tests. But it's not like we have had any testing shortages or problems with testing in the other conferences.

Seems to me they wanted to be viewed as the ones who were "ahead of the curve" and "put safety before profits". They probably assumed every other conference would follow suit, and they would be remembered as the trailblazers. They're one big mistake was not realizing just how crazy the south is for football. Especially right now.
Seems to me it was political seeing as the Michigan governor was involved.

So they play in the coldest part of the continental US. Now they have concentrated their schedule during the coldest part of the season. Should be fun playing outdoors in Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa and Nebraska.

Back