Bilbo versus Suggs

law_bee has a potential winner here in two categories, number of replies and greatest deviation from topic.

So, I thought I would kick it back up to the top..
wink.gif

Wait a minute guys, I started one about a couple of months ago that ended with over 100 replys!! Now you can reply to this to keep this one on going. Yes it is fun!!!!!!

Had a thought about Bilbo regarding spring practices and final Saturday. The Saturday before spring day he was in a red shirt, couldn't be hit. He along with a number of players were probably not exactly 100%. Not an excuse for anything that happened. Just an observation.

I feel certain the scheme on spring day was very vanilla as I've stated before even though I didn't see it. We might give some thought to what the qbs would look like when there is motion in the offense, rolling out, needed quick footwork in situations in goal situations (Don't mean running. Talking about quick feet with dives, fake handoffs, and pitches to make the play unfold quickly at point of attack when Ds are bunched up in at the goal line.)

What would each qb look like when they were facing number 1, 2, and so on D's? What would they all look like if all things were equal?

Now the coaches know what they've asked the players to do. We only see part of it. Any team that's really good executes the plays. That's what wins consistently. It's up to the coaches to teach and prepare, but it's up to the players to execute. Who can exceute and give us the best chance to win is the ticket.

Go Jackets!

I wonder how strong the rush was?

At the Spring game, did anyone get a sense of the time both qbs were getting?

Number of step drops before preasure?

Okay, since I appreciate all the reports from the rest of Stingtalk, I will keep giving information when requested for my one visit to a practice.

The rush by the defense was very good and imposing. Even though the rush of the defense did not reach the quarterback every time, it caused them to get a lot of penalties from offensive line movement. The defensive rush was very quick, so it made the quarterbacks have to hurry all their plays.

I believe the reason the offense ran vanilla plays had a lot to do with keeping players healthy and not putting the runners at greater risk of injury. The basic running plays will show the determination and skill of the runners better than a lot of variation of plays.

There were no kickoffs, nor punt returns allowed. I believe this was another effort to keep down the injuries in the Spring game.

Both Michael Sampson and PJ Daniels looked good running the vanilla plays. Both looked quick hitting the hole and strong when running through the line.

All quarterbacks were hurried on all passes. That is one reason, I believe, the defense will be pretty good this year. The coverage by the defensive backs was tight and not as loose as last year. At least, it appeared that way to me.

smile.gif

Here are my .02 on play calling during Spring Game.

I was only at one other scrimmage besides the spring game, and the O worked on ALOT of different formations and sets when they were doing the 7 on 7 drills. This was without the OL. When they did come together with the OL(this was still before the scrimmage) they did run some motion plays and one play they ran about 20 times trying to get the timming down. This play was ran by all 4 QB's and all RB's.

They did make the spring game very vanilla, and I don't blame them because of the injuries and potenital for more.

Originally posted by techrod:
Wait a minute guys, I started one about a couple of months ago that ended with over 100 replys!! Now you can reply to this to keep this one on going. Yes it is fun!!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">techrod lets not go there on the football board.
wink.gif

You are right, Ahso, the QB has been hurried all spring. However, in the spring game, it seemed to me that they had about another second to find their receivers.

Back