Bill curry 1980-81

Maybe. But this is the one we've got for the next five years, let's not undermine it like Gailey was.
I lived at Tech through the Gailey days, so I don't know how Mary Sue the Hive was or how bad ST was. I know the students themselves mostly supported Chan, even if it felt like he himself was hands-off (I remember Clough more visibly supporting the program than Chan was). I heard a few profs that were less than happy with Chan, because of players coming into their classes and expectations and whatnot.

Chan also never lost to an FCS team.

I lived at Tech through the Gailey days, so I don't know how Mary Sue the Hive was or how bad ST was. I know the students themselves mostly supported Chan, even if it felt like he himself was hands-off (I remember Clough more visibly supporting the program than Chan was). I heard a few profs that were less than happy with Chan, because of players coming into their classes and expectations and whatnot.

Chan also never lost to an FCS team.
The Hive was generally supportive, but banned a lot of people during the Gailey years, probably doesn't surprise you.
Stingtalk was very bad, banned a few who went over the top, but there were a lot of fonts that not only criticized his coaching, but his character as well.
And then there was BBuzzoff, a board created specifically to get rid of Gailey. I was banned from there because of what I posted on StingTalk. The POS founder of that board would change people's posts and ban anyone supportive of Gailey. People on that board literally went on other forums to discourage recruits from coming to play for Gailey. The POS himself said an ideal situation would be for Gailey to win an NC at Tech and then get hired away. Yes, he actually wanted to get rid of a coach that (hypothetically) won an NC.
There were a core of influential alumni adamantly against Gailey and finally put together enough $$ to buy out his contract.

Yeah, it was awful. Let's not go there again.

The Hive was generally supportive, but banned a lot of people during the Gailey years, probably doesn't surprise you.
Stingtalk was very bad, banned a few who went over the top, but there were a lot of fonts that not only criticized his coaching, but his character as well.
And then there was BBuzzoff, a board created specifically to get rid of Gailey. I was banned from there because of what I posted on StingTalk. The POS founder of that board would change people's posts and ban anyone supportive of Gailey. People on that board literally went on other forums to discourage recruits from coming to play for Gailey. The POS himself said an ideal situation would be for Gailey to win an NC at Tech and then get hired away. Yes, he actually wanted to get rid of a coach that (hypothetically) won an NC.
There were a core of influential alumni adamantly against Gailey and finally put together enough $$ to buy out his contract.

Yeah, it was awful. Let's not go there again.
Oh man, I forgot about ol' BB. That was still kicking around when I joined here, and man was that bad. If I remember correctly, he also hated the Paul Johnson hire. And then went on to start a Dawg board.

Back