Bobby Dodd Stadium at Hyundai Field

I'm sure Hyundai isn't a fan of it but for a while now there's been a luxury car brand that advertises with the school/premium seating area in the Wardlaw building. It was BMW for several years before it changed to Lexus either last year or 2021. I would imagine once the Lexus contract runs out, that will change over to Genesis, the luxury brand of Hyundai.

That would be great, but also a colossal waste of money that we don’t have, but also a good f-you to the boondoggle that was the previous regime.

I just hope if we ever go back, we do so at the previous standard, which had visitors asking if our field was real or artificial because it wasso well maintained.

JRjr
Our groundskeeper was award winning. Voted #1 in the country several times in whatever publication determines that. Doubt we will be able to re-retain his services after he was so unceremoniously dumped after years of impeccable service.

Our groundskeeper was award winning. Voted #1 in the country several times in whatever publication determines that. Doubt we will be able to re-retain his services after he was so unceremoniously dumped after years of impeccable service.

There was an AJC article that said he was hired away to Alabama after our field had been award-winning for years. He basically won the lottery with what they offered to pay him. The field was not in good shape after his departure before it was switched to turf.

That would be great, but also a colossal waste of money that we don’t have,
0A73E01D-5DE5-41F3-98A2-453EB71D5E84.gif

8DA7E5A0-165B-4323-83B3-8E0F933ECB67.jpeg

I took this during the rain delay. To the right of the Jumbotron was the only permanent Hyundai signage I saw in the stadium. Had some banners and tarps around the field mixed in with other sponsors, I figured they’d have something attached to the upper deck at midfield. Thought they used to, but there was no signage there at all. Unless it was on my side above me, For what they’re paying, I’m surprised it wasn’t more prominent and prolific.

I took this during the rain delay. To the right of the Jumbotron was the only permanent Hyundai signage I saw in the stadium. Had some banners and tarps around the field mixed in with other sponsors, I figured they’d have something attached to the upper deck at midfield. Thought they used to, but there was no signage there at all. Unless it was on my side above me, For what they’re paying, I’m surprised it wasn’t more prominent and prolific.
The on field logo got plenty of TV time.

They also revised the relatively new sign outside the stadium along Techwood at North Ave. It looks kind of bad, as you can see where they pried the old letters off. Why do it half-assed when you can do it quarter-assed, I say.

JRjr

There was an AJC article that said he was hired away to Alabama after our field had been award-winning for years. He basically won the lottery with what they offered to pay him. The field was not in good shape after his departure before it was switched to turf.
Facts smacts. I forgot about that. Good for him. Man, obviously Bammer was more sore about the Justin Thomas thing than I realized.

That's because it's not Hyundai Stadium, it's Hyundai Field.

There’s something along the ramp from upper East down toward North Ave gate as well. I don’t remember what it says. And there’s a Hyundai on a pedestal below that on the concourse.

Back