Bobo to Colorado State..

incredibly good because it breaks up the stability. It tells me Richt is getting tired of the griping.

This is like Frank Beamer losing Foster.

Bobo finished #8, #10 and #14 the last three years in offensive FEI. Sure, he's had a ton of talent to work with, but to say he is a bad OC means you either have gold-colored glassed or an illogical redneck UGA fan.

Bobo finished #8, #10 and #14 the last three years in offensive FEI. Sure, he's had a ton of talent to work with, but to say he is a bad OC means you live in the the state of Georgia.
ftfy

---

I'll care when if/when this is confirmed. Until then, meh.

He made some head scratching calls over the years. He would be ramming it down the opposing teams throat and then start passing. I can remember him losing several close games during the past few years that way. Whether that was CMR or Bobo, who knows.

Bobo's problems are the problems suffered by that entire program: they tend to fail greatly when things are expected of them, they screw up under the pressure. Georgia lost to South Carolina and lost Gurley and expectations went down, suddenly they start playing better then run into a big game they are expected to win and they get destroyed.

Some people are talking like he got fired in this thread. Becoming the head coach at an FBS school that was very close to playing in a NY Day bowl is a promotion.

#1 ranked QB and overall '16 recruit might rethink his commitment to UGA, so great!

If he decommits, that could move them down from the third best recruiting class to the third-and-a-half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobo is a Richt puppet. They'll be fine and may even be better if Richt goes back to calling plays. Remember those FSU teams in the mid/late 90's.

Sober up guys, he's good. ugag wins 10 a year, so they will stick with what's working. There is a concern about how they may upgrade due to their budget, but at best it's 50/50 whether they do so. Their prob has obviously been on D since Van Gorder (sp?) left, and look how many years they have tried to replace him!?

They now have BMF, Kirby, and Bobo in the wings, and if we beat em next year, which is quite possible, the roar from the great unwashed will be considerable. Enter, one of the aforementioned, or heaven forbid, Urban!?

#1 ranked QB and overall '16 recruit might rethink his commitment to UGA, so great!

This. The dude is 6'5, 210 and is a Junior. He was recruited by Bobo, so Bobo leaving easily could have an effect.

Rivals has him as the #1 player in the Country, at a perfect 6.1.

247 has him as overall a 0.9958 (out of 1), the best QB in the country, and the #6 overall player.

ESPN has him as the best QB, and the fourth best player of his class.

Granted he hasn't stepped on the field yet. But he easily has the potential to be better than Stafford and Murray, maybe even their best QB of all time. I'd love it if he went to Bama or UF instead.

CPJ should do what Woody Hayes did for Ohio State with Michigan recruits. CPJ should recruit that QB for Alabama or Auburn or any team other than UGA.

OTOH, I know how those "best QB ever in high school" turn out.

jimmy-clausen.jpg

If he decommits, that could move them down from the third best recruiting class to the third-and-a-half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha. I get what you are saying but he's by far the best recruit they have, and will have, in that class. I don't really care where their end ranking is, losting the best QB in the class is a HUGE deal, especially since the best pro style QB from Ga is way down the list.

OTOH, I know how those "best QB ever in high school" turn out.

jimmy-clausen.jpg

Your "bust" is a career 62.6% passer, 8,150 yards, and 60 TDs. His Junior year ratio was 28:4 with a 161.4 QB rating. So bad that he was picked in the 2nd round of the NFL draft after he left early.

Your "bust" is a career 62.6% passer, 8,150 yards, and 60 TDs. His Junior year ratio was 28:4 with a 161.4 QB rating. So bad that he was picked in the 2nd round of the NFL draft after he left early.

Part of me just wanted an excuse to post that photo. Tim Tebow is the one other QB I remember with that kind of hype and he turned out alright in college too.

I also had no idea Clausen had those sorts of stats either because ND basically jumped off the cliff starting with his freshman year. He had those great stats, like you say, but ND finished 6-6. Since then, Clausen has basically been a career backup in the NFL, so no reason to think he is GOAT like the high school hype said he would be.

Back