Bowl/conference tie-in's

I would go to the bowl if it was Belk...GT vs Auburn... That would be awesome!!
Wow, what a great way to end this mixed-up season. A bowl game against Auburn would be just about the best we could do.

Belk won’t take us. Even though we beat them AND finished higher than UVA in the Coastal.

Similar to Chick-Fil-A bowl in 2011. Should have been GT but UVA went and got crushed by Auburn

Belk won’t take us. Even though we beat them AND finished higher than UVA in the Coastal.

Similar to Chick-Fil-A bowl in 2011. Should have been GT but UVA went and got crushed by Auburn
Belk Bowl must hate us. Seems like we've been in line for that several times but they just won't take us. It would be such an easy trip, too.

we will get the absolute worst possible bowl as far away from atlanta as possible on the worst date.

few will travel to the bowl.

bowl committees will point to this as a confirmation that few tech fans travel to bowls and the cycle continues

Auburn isn't a good match-up for us. Good DL and a decent quarterback, two things that mess us up. Then even if we beat them, they are a lower SEC team this year, so no big gain

We beat them last two times let's keep that streak

Auburn isn't a good match-up for us. Good DL and a decent quarterback, two things that mess us up. Then even if we beat them, they are a lower SEC team this year, so no big gain

We beat them last two times let's keep that streak
Keep the streak from 2005?

What kind of defeatist attitude is that? We could beat Auburn this year, particularly with a coach about to get paid to leave and players not particularly interested (and I’m talking about Auburn here).

Think it would be a good game, regardless. I’d go and watch it.

I wouldn't be scared of Auburn this year. I think it would be a good game.

But the stars are aligning to screw us over. I think we are probably going to Shreveport. We needed to be 8-4.

Given CPJ's retirement, the Military Bowl seems like it would be fun. Navy folks would probably show up to watch a CPJ-coached team in his last game. Easier trip than El Paso, better trip than Shreveport. It would soften the blow of falling out of the Tier 1 bowls a little to play in front of a decent crowd that maybe actually wants us to be there.

JRjr

Back