BOWLS

Terrible targeting call against Troy. That was a great football play.

Edit: Replay reversed it.

The addition of replay has made the targeting rule a lot more tolerable. It can still be annoying at times, but at least now we don't have ejections for hits that doesn't even qualify based on the rule.

The addition of replay has made the targeting rule a lot more tolerable. It can still be annoying at times, but at least now we don't have ejections for hits that doesn't even qualify based on the rule.
Don't we? I've still seen some that I would not call targeting be "confirmed" and the defensive player ejected.

Targeting should be enforced at the coaching level. If a guy targets a player and the DC or HC gets ejected the coaches would fix it.

Targeting should be enforced at the coaching level. If a guy targets a player and the DC or HC gets ejected the coaches would fix it.
It also half the time isn’t targeting. Those rules are bs. It’s hard to gauge intent but it should be an intent based foul.

OT sort of, but I've got the Fenway bowl on right now and there was a General Insurance commercial on with Shaq and a little boy.

Two things:
1) It is a really funny and creative commercial.
2) Shaq is an unbelievably large human being!

That is all.

Also, there's a woman referee in that game with a super long ponytail hanging out of the back of her hat. Double-take every time comes running into a play... "What was that? Oh yeah... female ref."

Also, there's a woman referee in that game with a super long ponytail hanging out of the back of her hat. Double-take every time comes running into a play... "What was that? Oh yeah... female ref."
There is also a woman sideline judge/ref in that game.

I loved what Deion said in the presser prior to the game talking about pressure. He has the unique perspective of playing at the highest level but still is grounded in the importance of life versus football..."a game". He would have been an excellent hire, but I also have a ton of confidence in Brent Key getting us back to competing for ACC championships. I will say Deion has some discipline problems with some of the kids he has recruited to Jackson St. Travis Hunter being one of them.

Targeting needs to go away. They need to just call unnecessary roughness and leave it at that. Perhaps if they two personal fouls per half and you sit, that might fix some of it.

Coach Prime loses his last game at JSU. Only honky on the field dropped a tying TD on 3rd down in OT, threw a pass to nobody on 4th.

JRjr

Back