Brad Stewart

Not concerned with UGA. I only want this kid as much as he wants to go to Tech.

i think its pretty clear that neither declinometer nor GTCrew ever were coaches; and the way they think shows the pervasive and persist racism that still exists in this country. so deeply, that these fools have to create a fake anti-white racial bias to make the world make sense to them.

sad. and calling me bitter, thats funny

Last edited:
i'd be careful Buzzczar. It looks like they are forming an alliance against buzzczar threat on the high seas of stingtalk.

There probably is some bias toward black players at certain positions like WR and RB, because if we are honest we will admit they are generally better at those positions than other races. Any time you have a group or type of people that excel at something, there is going to be some bias toward those people.

So I think the question is not whether there is bias, but how significant the bias is. I personally doubt it is large enough that it would cause a good white player to be completely overlooked. For one because people are not stupid and they realize this bias exists, so they consciously try to compensate for it.

I don't think it's any secret that on average, the fastest kids at any high school are usually the black ones. The fastest players on the field play WR, DB, RB and returner. There are now way more black kids on college defenses than offenses because of speed at all positions including DL.

There are more white quarterbacks at the pro level.

I don't see how any of that is racist....it just is what it is. I think that your chances of landing a white elite athelete are less than landing an elite black athlete. Look at the NBA for goodness sakes.

So with the situation being what it is....most people go in to evaluation thinking the black kid has a better chance of being an elite athelete because the results support it. Does that cause someone to rate a white WR lower than a black one? Yeah, it probably does. If you think that is a stupid argument then I don't know how else to explain it, but I agree with declinometer in that it could be a contributing factor of why someone like a recruiting service or a coach would rate the kid lower off the bat before they watch the film.

For God's sake there is a movie called white men can't jump and some of you think there's no bias against athletic white men?

I'm still waiting on the sequel black men can't read.

For God's sake there is a movie called white men can't jump and some of you think there's no bias against athletic white men?

I'm still waiting on the sequel black men can't read.

What is yor vertical?

I don't think it's any secret that on average, the fastest kids at any high school are usually the black ones. The fastest players on the field play WR, DB, RB and returner. There are now way more black kids on college defenses than offenses because of speed at all positions including DL.

There are more white quarterbacks at the pro level.

I don't see how any of that is racist....it just is what it is. I think that your chances of landing a white elite athelete are less than landing an elite black athlete. Look at the NBA for goodness sakes.

So with the situation being what it is....most people go in to evaluation thinking the black kid has a better chance of being an elite athelete because the results support it. Does that cause someone to rate a white WR lower than a black one? Yeah, it probably does. If you think that is a stupid argument then I don't know how else to explain it, but I agree with declinometer in that it could be a contributing factor of why someone like a recruiting service or a coach would rate the kid lower off the bat before they watch the film.

Good post grantfield! Just like haters gonna hate, some are just gonna knee-jerk that race card right outta the deck. It's a lot like the issue of cops stopping blacks more often in an area that blacks commit a large percentage of the crime. It's unfortunate and wrong, yet pragmatic. Imo, the quick draw race card artists, do more damage to race relations than trailer trash rednecks.

There probably is some bias toward black players at certain positions like WR and RB, because if we are honest we will admit they are generally better at those positions than other races. Any time you have a group or type of people that excel at something, there is going to be some bias toward those people.

So I think the question is not whether there is bias, but how significant the bias is. I personally doubt it is large enough that it would cause a good white player to be completely overlooked. For one because people are not stupid and they realize this bias exists, so they consciously try to compensate for it.
Leave it to Stingtalk. A thread supposed to be about the pluses and minuses of one player quickly becomes a never-ending thread about race.Playing time is what it has always been: players who can play, play.

Leave it to Stingtalk. A thread supposed to be about the pluses and minuses of one player quickly becomes a never-ending thread about race.Playing time is what it has always been: players who can play, play, play, play, play and the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off

Ftfy

Why is this kid reminding me of Cooper Taylor?

I like Stewart's intangibles and hope Tech can find a way to bring him into the fold.

I like Stewart's intangibles and hope Tech can find a way to bring him into the fold.

We're already bringing in 3 WR's. Won't a 4th be more than we need? Could we use him somewhere else on the field?

he plays hard, has a good motor, high football IQ, etc.

We're already bringing in 3 WR's. Won't a 4th be more than we need? Could we use him somewhere else on the field?

Stewart will get the next scholarship available and people are almost certain that one of our WR commits (Singleton) is going elsewhere. But your point still stands and I agree with you. I would rather us go after another DT, even if it was a 2 star type/lower level FBS guy committed to another school. We need to get the numbers back up on the D line, especially after last offseason.

Stewart will get the next scholarship available and people are almost certain that one of our WR commits (Singleton) is going elsewhere. But your point still stands and I agree with you. I would rather us go after another DT, even if it was a 2 star type/lower level FBS guy committed to another school. We need to get the numbers back up on the D line, especially after last offseason.

the ajc has our top remaining targets as:

• Anree Saint-Amour, DE, 6-2, 245, North Gwinnett
  • Marcus Marshall, RB, 5-10, 210, Raleigh (N.C.) Millbrook
  • Brad Stewart, WR, 6-1, 190, Benedictine
I think that Anree is going to be the most valuable of the 3 as we already have a slew of guys coming in at the other positions.

Back