Brad Stewart

I think part of the reason this kid is so over looked is that every article keeps using only this one pic:

oInPlkE.jpg

Not that flattering.

I think part of the reason this kid is so over looked is that every article keeps using only this one pic:

oInPlkE.jpg

Not that flattering.

could you have found a bigger picture? there's no way anyone can overlook that.

Really wanted you to see the detail

:lol: He does look pretty bad in that picture. You may have solved the puzzle.

edit: It looks like they used the telescope at fernbank to take this picture, i can see his pores.

I've read enough of this thread to overlook it, but I just watched his video to see what the hype is about. What do you guys see that makes him stand out so much? I'm not trying to be funny, but I just don't see what the coaches see (guess that's why I'm not a coach). With all do respect to Brad, I hope we get him (PWO/Grayshirt) but I'd much rather have Vic/Jackson/Anree to fill a scholly.

I've read enough of this thread to overlook it, but I just watched his video to see what the hype is about. What do you guys see that makes him stand out so much? I'm not trying to be funny, but I just don't see what the coaches see (guess that's why I'm not a coach). With all do respect to Brad, I hope we get him (PWO/Grayshirt) but I'd much rather have Vic/Jackson/Anree to fill a scholly.

Agreed. His highlights video also uses the sneaky trick of replaying the same plays several minutes apart in the video from different angles.

Agreed. His highlights video also uses the sneaky trick of replaying the same plays several minutes apart in the video from different angles.

There are very few plays where he creates space with coverage. Seems most like he's just blown by them or it was broken coverage. Granted, that may be a good sign but that won't always happen in D1. Especially against a foe like VPISU.

Re whether it is a greyshirt offer or not: I said before it would not be a greyshirt because Stewart would be enrolling this year. However, if Stewart could not afford to do that without a scholarship, the offer would be the same as a greyshirt offer. So maybe the AJC is right in calling it a greyshirt after all?

Who cares what it's called? Point is, we can fill our two spots with good players.

Who cares what it's called? Point is, we can fill our two spots with good players.

I think it matters at some level because there is a stigma associated with greyshirting. It's perceived as some "grey" activity that only shady coaches engage in, like oversigning. There is good and bad greyshirting though. One bad type of greyshirting, which Saban has used, is telling a kid who has been committed that they are full and he will have to greyshirt. I guess the problem there is not the greyshirting but the bait-and-switch from a full scholarship offer to a greyshirt offer.

Here's how one website defines greyshirting:
1. A player commits to a team that is over-signed.

2. That player either doesn't go to school in the fall, or enrolls part-time and pays their own way. They are not officially on the team.

3. In January of the following year, that player enrolls full-time and officially joins the team. They are technically part of the recruiting class for the following year. Grey-shirting is a way for schools to skate around the recruiting rules. It allows schools to over-sign, regardless of how many prospects they signed the previous year.
Stewart would not be a greyshirt under that definition since he would enroll this year.

By that definition it is technically only a greyshirt if you are delaying enrollment. The term is meant to be similar to "redshirt"; it implies you're sitting out a season.

A player who receives a promise for a scholarship offer in the next year may choose to greyshirt or not. So "greyshirt offer" is not an accurate term. The offer may or may not result in a greyshirt.

On the other hand, a lot of kids probably can't afford to go to school for a year without a scholarship. So a delayed scholarship offer is for them effectively an offer to greyshirt. But not all kids are in that situation.

tl;dr: "greyshirt offer" is an inaccurate/misleading term and "delayed scholarship offer" or something should be used instead.

Last edited:
Here's how one website defines greyshirting:
Stewart would not be a greyshirt under that definition since he would enroll this year.

By that definition it is technically only a greyshirt if you are delaying enrollment. The term is meant to be similar to "redshirt"; it implies you're sitting out a season.

A player who receives a promise for a scholarship offer in the next year may choose to greyshirt or not. So "greyshirt offer" is not an accurate term. The offer may or may not result in a greyshirt.

On the other hand, a lot of kids probably can't afford to go to school for a year without a scholarship. So a delayed scholarship offer is for them effectively an offer to greyshirt. But not all kids are in that situation.

tl;dr: "greyshirt offer" is an inaccurate/misleading term and "delayed scholarship offer" or something should be used instead.

"PWO who gets the next available scholly" is the most accurate description. Does he get an offer since we had a decommit?

"PWO who gets the next available scholly" is the most accurate description. Does he get an offer since we had a decommit?

No he doesn't. Alexander, Saint-Amour, Marshall, and Jackson are all ahead of him. Also pending transfers and JHD are ahead of him.

Back