Breaking News! Man finds cure for Erectile Dysfunction

Brent Key on Georgia football: ‘There’s nothing I hate more in the world’​

Chad Bishop
Georgia Tech coach Brent Key did not hold back Wednesday when asked about Georgia football during an alumni event.
“There’s nothing I hate more in the world. It’s probably the only thing I actually hate,” Key said. “When I say hate, like, truly despise everything about it. I really do.”
Speaking at a Georgia Tech Alumni Association gathering at the Scheller College of Business, Key was asked about his Yellow Jackets coming up eight points short in a loss to the No. 1-ranked Bulldogs on Nov. 25 at Bobby Dodd Stadium. More than five months after that defeat, the former Tech offensive lineman still was in no mood to deem that result a moral victory.
Tech has lost to UGA six consecutive times, and even though the 2023 matchup was the first time the Jackets had stayed within one score since winning in 2016, the loss has eaten at Key the entire offseason.

“Three minutes and 31 seconds with three timeouts left, we’re down by eight,” Key said, detailing the end of November’s game. “Muff the onside kick, get (Georgia) to third-and-3, they run a toss sweep out of the bunch formation to the boundary. (Linebacker) Kyle Efford is about two inches away from making the tackle.

“I think about it every day. (Efford) thinks about it every day. We talk about it every day.”

As a player, Key was 3-2 against Georgia, and the Jackets won three consecutive from 1998-2000. But since he returned to Atlanta in 2019 as an offensive line coach for former coach Geoff Collins, then as Tech’s interim coach in 2022 and now the program’s full-time coach starting last season, Key has suffered through four consecutive defeats to the Bulldogs.
Georgia is two wins from matching the longest win streak in the series set by Tech from 1949-56, a period known as “The Drought” by UGA supporters. The Jackets also will have to wait until 2025 to try to break a 12-game losing streak to Georgia at Bobby Dodd Stadium.

But before that game, and before this season’s matchup, scheduled for Nov. 29 in Athens, Key detailed how he wants his 2024 squad to approach the coming season and every game on its slate.

“Our goal as a team is to, every game, line up and dominate our opponent and make them quit. To absolutely make them quit,” he said. “When you can do that, when you can be on a team or be a part of a team that can line up and make a team quit, there’s not a more fulfilling feeling in the entire world.”

Don’t stain this thread by invoking that limp dick pussy

Here's a guy who's in charge of this here thread.

1718329975980.png

from https://docs.google.com/document/d/...WnvY-7ZzvFlgIIxlc90j1JUSZgqFdTbwJ4PS_X82H/pub

not my notes. copied and pasted for you lazy ööööers.
////////......////////

Here’s a few of the more interesting notes I took. Key had a lot of really great stories, and I hope some of this is new information and interesting to y’all.

• Key’s roundabout journey to choosing coaching as a profession:
  • Key ended up in coaching because O’Leary basically told him he would get cut if he went to the NFL, so he took the GA role instead.
  • 2001 was a really turbulent time for him and Tech. There were the obvious global events, but things culminated for him when O’Leary got the call for Notre Dame. Key got the news while he was in the Dome watching the SEC championship and had to leave early to meet with the players and staff. He expected O’Leary would just bring him along with him but soon learned that wouldn’t be the case.
  • He figured this meant he needed to focus on a typical tech grad career, so he started networking and got a job in real estate. He immediately knew it wasn’t for him and lasted about six weeks.
  • That experience solidified for him that coaching was the path he needed to take. He promptly showed up to the GT spring practice but realized that’s not really how things work and wasn’t able to get a job. Eventually, O’Leary called him over to UCF and the rest was history up until finding himself as the interim head coach of Georgia Tech.

• Some notable things about the 2022 season:
  • Key’s ten weeks of being the interim coach are now a blur to him. He explained that there was not a minute spent during the day worrying about becoming the official HC and the focus was on the 2022 season. However, he admitted that he was up from midnight to 4 AM every night writing out plans for spring practice and beyond so that he was prepared for that possibility. Described it as “working two days in one”. It was an insanely intense time and he lost 50 pounds to show for it.
  • He had a few pretty direct complaints about how things were in the program before he became interim. Nothing mentioning You Know Who, though. Apparently, they were only having two practices a week with no pads up until goofball was fired. Obviously, that changed the second Key was in charge. He mentioned us having four blocked punts being embarrassing too and how he made that a day-one priority to fix.
  • He started a “leadership committee” for the players. One of the first things to come from that was Ace Eely asking if they could stop wearing suits and starting wearing jewelry before games. “What did I do [to succeed in the 2022 season]? I let them wear earrings.”
  • It was a lot more work dealing with the coaching staff than the players.
  • 2023 Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate and “no moral victories”:
  • He and Kyle Efford think about that 3rd down at the end of the game every day.
  • At the end of the day, Key doesn’t “believe in expectations”, so coming close to winning that game means nothing, even if they were “number 1”.
  • Key went on a tirade about how much he hates the mutts. I wish I had it on video, because it was beautiful.

• Key learned a lot about how to build a culture right through Saban. He is out to build a team, and the culture will come with that. He made some jabs at using social media and being obsessed with “culture” specifically.
  • He mentioned that he got to have a few hours with a “very famous” coach in Boston a few weeks ago. I’m guessing he’s talking about Belichick, so that’s pretty cool (it could also be Bill O’Brian since he’s now at Boston College – I’m not sure if he’s considered a renowned coach, though).

• Key feels like one of his biggest coaching failures was during the 2022 Duke game. It was near halftime and they had the ball at Duke’s 30. There was some poor time management and play calling (he called Chip Long an idiot for some of those decisions). They chose to punt instead of kick, and the ball landed in the endzone for a touchback, mostly defeating the purpose of the punt. Key explained he should have known it would have been a touchback because of how the wind blows through Bobby Dodd. I guess his point was that if they made that field goal instead, they wouldn’t have had to go to overtime and rely on Duke missing a field goal. If Duke made their field goal in OT, we likely would have lost the game and Key probably wouldn’t be our coach.
  • I like this story a lot because it shows how rooted Key’s understanding of our team is, down to how the wind blows through the stands. He’s also recognizing his failures and is actively trying to improve, even when they don’t have immediate consequences.

• He was constantly gushing about how much he loves the institute and how he believes it prepared him for where he is now. That kind of genuine praise is really gonna help sell our program to recruits.
  • The trust and relationships he has formed with the team and staff are the reason we didn’t see our best players or coordinators leave to other teams for a pay raise this offseason.

from https://docs.google.com/document/d/...WnvY-7ZzvFlgIIxlc90j1JUSZgqFdTbwJ4PS_X82H/pub

not my notes. copied and pasted for you lazy ööööers.
////////......////////

Here’s a few of the more interesting notes I took. Key had a lot of really great stories, and I hope some of this is new information and interesting to y’all.

• Key’s roundabout journey to choosing coaching as a profession:
  • Key ended up in coaching because O’Leary basically told him he would get cut if he went to the NFL, so he took the GA role instead.
  • 2001 was a really turbulent time for him and Tech. There were the obvious global events, but things culminated for him when O’Leary got the call for Notre Dame. Key got the news while he was in the Dome watching the SEC championship and had to leave early to meet with the players and staff. He expected O’Leary would just bring him along with him but soon learned that wouldn’t be the case.
  • He figured this meant he needed to focus on a typical tech grad career, so he started networking and got a job in real estate. He immediately knew it wasn’t for him and lasted about six weeks.
  • That experience solidified for him that coaching was the path he needed to take. He promptly showed up to the GT spring practice but realized that’s not really how things work and wasn’t able to get a job. Eventually, O’Leary called him over to UCF and the rest was history up until finding himself as the interim head coach of Georgia Tech.

• Some notable things about the 2022 season:
  • Key’s ten weeks of being the interim coach are now a blur to him. He explained that there was not a minute spent during the day worrying about becoming the official HC and the focus was on the 2022 season. However, he admitted that he was up from midnight to 4 AM every night writing out plans for spring practice and beyond so that he was prepared for that possibility. Described it as “working two days in one”. It was an insanely intense time and he lost 50 pounds to show for it.
  • He had a few pretty direct complaints about how things were in the program before he became interim. Nothing mentioning You Know Who, though. Apparently, they were only having two practices a week with no pads up until goofball was fired. Obviously, that changed the second Key was in charge. He mentioned us having four blocked punts being embarrassing too and how he made that a day-one priority to fix.
  • He started a “leadership committee” for the players. One of the first things to come from that was Ace Eely asking if they could stop wearing suits and starting wearing jewelry before games. “What did I do [to succeed in the 2022 season]? I let them wear earrings.”
  • It was a lot more work dealing with the coaching staff than the players.
  • 2023 Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate and “no moral victories”:
  • He and Kyle Efford think about that 3rd down at the end of the game every day.
  • At the end of the day, Key doesn’t “believe in expectations”, so coming close to winning that game means nothing, even if they were “number 1”.
  • Key went on a tirade about how much he hates the mutts. I wish I had it on video, because it was beautiful.

• Key learned a lot about how to build a culture right through Saban. He is out to build a team, and the culture will come with that. He made some jabs at using social media and being obsessed with “culture” specifically.
  • He mentioned that he got to have a few hours with a “very famous” coach in Boston a few weeks ago. I’m guessing he’s talking about Belichick, so that’s pretty cool (it could also be Bill O’Brian since he’s now at Boston College – I’m not sure if he’s considered a renowned coach, though).

• Key feels like one of his biggest coaching failures was during the 2022 Duke game. It was near halftime and they had the ball at Duke’s 30. There was some poor time management and play calling (he called Chip Long an idiot for some of those decisions). They chose to punt instead of kick, and the ball landed in the endzone for a touchback, mostly defeating the purpose of the punt. Key explained he should have known it would have been a touchback because of how the wind blows through Bobby Dodd. I guess his point was that if they made that field goal instead, they wouldn’t have had to go to overtime and rely on Duke missing a field goal. If Duke made their field goal in OT, we likely would have lost the game and Key probably wouldn’t be our coach.
  • I like this story a lot because it shows how rooted Key’s understanding of our team is, down to how the wind blows through the stands. He’s also recognizing his failures and is actively trying to improve, even when they don’t have immediate consequences.

• He was constantly gushing about how much he loves the institute and how he believes it prepared him for where he is now. That kind of genuine praise is really gonna help sell our program to recruits.
  • The trust and relationships he has formed with the team and staff are the reason we didn’t see our best players or coordinators leave to other teams for a pay raise this offseason.

This is unbelievable:
Apparently, they were only having two practices a week with no pads up until goofball was fired. Obviously, that changed the second Key was in charge

So we're we having only two practices TOTAL and those two practices had no pads or were two of the practices during the week had no pads worn?

Back