Brent Key Performance Metric Poll

How many games would Brent Key have to win to earn perm HC job?

• 8 out of 8

• 7 out of 8

• 6 out of 8

• 5 out of 8

• 4 out of 8

• 3 out of 8

• Don’t want him period.

• He should get the job regardless

Results are only viewable after voting.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
What would Key have to do to earn a permanent HC job? Not how many games is he going to win, but how many games would he have to win to impress you. Poll is private.

I'm keeping an open mind about Brent. He has some low hanging fruit such as improvement in game and clock management, elimination of stupid mistakes, vast reduction in penalties, improvement in special teams....ect. Not going to immediately say no but he's going to have to prove A LOT in a short amount of time to have any consideration.

I had CGC down for 3 wins this year with best case upside of 5. So Key would have to do at least 2 better than that - 7 total wins or 6/8 left.

I'm keeping an open mind about Brent. He has some low hanging fruit such as improvement in game and clock management, elimination of stupid mistakes, vast reduction in penalties, improvement in special teams....ect. Not going to immediately say no but he's going to have to prove A LOT in a short amount of time to have any consideration.
I also have a feeling he is going to tell Long to open the damn playbook. We are not going to beat Pitt with a 50/50 run pass ratio.

I salute the optimism some of you guys are having about Key, but let's remember his unit has been a part of the problem these past few years. Also merely doing better than Collins should not be the measure of success. He almost certainly will do better than Collins because it'd be hard to do worse than these first 4 games.

I am glad that Key is relishing the opportunity though. He said basically that he views it as an audition. Perhaps the most important thing for the interim coach is keeping on our recruits and keeping the current players happy so there isn't a mass exodus. That is KEY for our program.

I am beginning to wonder how much of our recent problems stem from Collins using too soft a touch and/or meddling too much with position coaches.

It is true the OL has under performed recently and that creates serious questions about Key in a more important role. However I wonder if the OL will improve.

Simple fact of that presser is that all the disappointment and ire I had for a mostly anonymous position coach melted during his presser and I am willing to step back, calm down, and evalute him again based on his performance in this unique situation.

Just watched Key in the press conference, I'll change to 7 of 8 with or without a bowl win. It was a refreshing change from trying to listen to clown boy spewing nonsensical buzz words.
You can’t change. It’s locked in. Now if he wins 7 with a win in Athens and we don’t hire him because the new AD saw your answer then you know it’s on you.

I’m voting 5/8, but that is really 6/9. 6/9 (or 6/10) would be my target.

It is entirely possible for iCBK to make the acccg in the coastal. Going 5-1 in the coastal probably gets you to the acccg so long as one of those wins is Pitt.

Back