Bus Trip to Durham (Nov. 14th)

coldbeer

Jolly Good Fellow
Bus Trip to Durham on Nov. 14 (Updated with Payment Details)

WHAT: DURHAM BUS TRIP FROM ATLANTA for Duke/GT Football game (to help properly celebrate the Yellow Jackets clinching the Coastal Division championship in 2009!)

WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 14th

WHERE: Indian Trail Rd/I-85 Park & Ride Lot in Norcross.

This lot is located just off I-85 on the West Side of the Interstate. If you are headed North on I-85 from downtown Atlanta/I-285, take a left on Indian Trail Road and go back over I-85. The Park & Ride lot will be on your right.

Estimated departure is 6:00 AM sharp! The actual departure time is subject to change due to game kickoff time which will be announced on Monday afternoon, Nov. 2nd. It's about about a 6.5 hour bus ride to Durham, NC.

Plan to arrive at the parking lot at 5:30 AM - 5:45 AM to begin bus loading. Bus will leave on time as scheduled, so plan accordingly.

Estimated arrival back at Park & Ride Lot in Norcross is around 2:30 AM (late Saturday night/early Sunday morning).

COST: $62.50 per person. Includes round trip Motor Coach travel to Durham plus misc. PayPal junk fees.

We need 50 minimum paid passengers to confirm the bus trip. 55 is the maximum number of passengers we can handle.

All bus reservations are first come, first served. All Georgia Tech fans are welcome, but please don't come if you don't want to have fun! :)

Your payment via PayPal is due in full by 5:00pm on Friday, November 6th. In the event we do not receive 50 paid reservations by 11/6/09, all monies will be refunded, in full, no later then Monday, Nov. 9th.

Payment options through PayPal include credit card, debit card, and check. However if you pay by check, your payment must clear by November 6th.

Please email me (georgiatechcoldbeer@gmail.com) for info on payments and I can initiate a new invoice. If you already have a PayPal account, you can proceed with one $62.50 payment (per person) to georgiatechcoldbeer@gmail.com.

BUS DETAILS: Travel would be on a 55-Passenger Large Deluxe MotorCoach. Here are some of the features:
TVs and VCRs included
Public Address System
Restrooms
Reclining Seats
Card table on request
Overhead Luggage w/Individual Reading Lights

Yellow Jacket game watching on the trip will mostly likely include 2008 GT/UGA, 2009 GT/FSU, and 2009 GT/Virginia Polytechnic Institute of Crying & Bedwetting football contests.

GAME TICKETS: For those of you who haven't ever gone to a football game at Duke... Football game tickets are extremly cheap at the stadium in Durham. Don't worry about that part if you don't already have game tickets. There isn't any need to secure GT/Duke tickets prior to game day. I have been to Durham twice for GT games and paid a grand total of $10 to get into the stadium.

Duke is doing a Military Appreciation Day for the Georgia Tech game as well. All active/retired military types can get up to 4 free tickets with a valid military ID card at the box office.

OTHER DETAILS: Everyone would be on their own for adult beverages (BYOB), soft drinks, snacks, and game tickets. We probably will make one stop along the way for fast food/conv. store, in both directions.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and GO JACKETS!!!
E-mail = georgiatechcoldbeer@gmail.com

Last edited:
IM in for 2 people as mentioned in the previous thread. If we dont get 50 we could consider downsizing to smaller vehicle.

IM in for 2 people as mentioned in the previous thread. If we dont get 50 we could consider downsizing to smaller vehicle.

Doesn't work that way. Smaller vehicle (25 passenger bus) would cost us almost $90 a head.

We need 50 - 55 folks at $60/per person to make it work.

Also note - If we don't get enough paid passengers, I will obviously refund all monies collected. RamblinWreck from the Hive can vouch for me, as can many of the Stingtalk fonts.

Please communicate if anyone decides to do this for Tampa (assuming we take care of business, which I know I should never assume!).

One of you should ask Mover how this went last time.

Well... Don't know how it all went down with RM last time. But as stated above if I don't get 50-55 paid passengers by COB on 11/6/09, all monies would be refunded and the bus trip would be cancelled. (I won't be out anything other them some time and effort.)

I'm going to the game myself regardless. Just trying to make it easy for some of you Atlanta fans to make the trip to Duke with us as we clinch the Coastal. ALL THE WAY TURNED UP BOYS!

I REALLY want to do this, but I'm not sure if I'll be back from work travel in time. I'll let you know soon. I think it's a great idea!

I'm in for 1. Don't have a paypal account set up. is there any other way i can get you the money? how will people feel about drinking on the bus ride up there?

Me and wife are probably doing it. Please give us updates about how many have signed up and all. What's the paypal info? Can you PM?

Also, should I go ahead and get tickets? Why did you say don't worry about it? Because I can scalp?

I'll be at the Dook game, but travelling solo because:

1) I'll be getting tags of NC State/Duke/Wake/UNC's facilities while I'm up that way

2) I'm in the GSP area.

See you at the game!

Me and wife are probably doing it. Please give us updates about how many have signed up and all. What's the paypal info? Can you PM?

Also, should I go ahead and get tickets? Why did you say don't worry about it? Because I can scalp?

You'll be able to buy them for no more than face($20) when you get there. Probably much less.

When I went in '07, they only charged $15 at their little ticket window. I don't know if anything has changed since.

Because the supply well outstrips demand.....also, if you are running late, call ahead and they will hold the start....

Because you can get in for a 5 dollar bill outside the stadium, if a Duke fan doesn't give you free tickets. :)

I've also read that the Duke/GT game is also Military Appreciation Day. If you have a valid Military ID, you can get 4 game tickets for free. Stil looking for an online link to confirm.

I'm in for 1. Don't have a paypal account set up. is there any other way i can get you the money? how will people feel about drinking on the bus ride up there?

Encouraged (as long as its OK with the bus driver). And I will be participating via multiple cold beers. :)

You can make your payment through PayPal via credit card, check, debit card. Details will be posted very soon.

(NOTE: I'm probably going to have charge $62 a head because PayPal takes a small cut..)

I'm interested and just told some of my friends in Swarm about it. Could you give us updates ever few days or so on how many spots are remaining? Thanks a lot for setting this up, sounds like fun!

I'm interested and just told some of my friends in Swarm about it. Could you give us updates ever few days or so on how many spots are remaining? Thanks a lot for setting this up, sounds like fun!

Go back to Top post (Page 1) of the thread for the payment details..... The deadline for 50 paid folks is 10 days away.

email is georgiatechcoldbeer@gmail.com
if you have questions.

Go back to Top post (Page 1) of the thread for the payment details..... The deadline for 50 paid folks is 10 days away.

email is georgiatechcoldbeer@gmail.com
if you have questions.

Yeah I saw that. I just wanted to know if we could get an update on how many spots are remaining every couple days or so? We are still considering driving up there, so some idea of how much of a hurry we need to be in to decide would be nice... Thanks again for setting this up!

Back