Buster Faulkner

Maybe not. I may have misread a headline for an article I can’t access.
dumb-really-dumb-for-real.gif

The best times over the last few decades have always included other programs wanting people from our staff.

Yet another indicator that the ship is headed in the right direction.

The corollary to this problem is that folks will also want to come here.

Whether we pony up and keep him or lose him and bring in equal or better is out of our control but of one thing I am certain: there is a zero chance we end up worse and a reasonable chance we come out better.

On that thought, P-nope is available.

Man, y’all acting like Faulkner is some savior is just odd. Sure, he can take credit for increasing our production. But come on, any competent offensive coach would have increased our offensive production because Collins, Patenaude, Long all sucked. I’m not taking anything away from him but our offense was nothing different than what everyone else ran. What we ran previously was the outlier - just horrible.

I’d say the biggest reason we increased our production was King, Singleton, Jamal, Dontae, and Wade getting our OLine up to ACC level speed after years of Key not being able to do it (yeah, I said it). And not playing Smith for most of the season when he and Haynes paired together are high level is a big ole negative in my book.

I don’t want to lose him because I like him and continuity is nice, but if he leaves I’m not freaking out. I’d be more concerned if we lost Wade. What our OLine did against UGA gave me more hope for the future than anything else. The OLine is the most important group on winning football teams.

Man, y’all acting like Faulkner is some savior is just odd. Sure, he can take credit for increasing our production. But come on, any competent offensive coach would have increased our offensive production because Collins, Patenaude, Long all sucked. I’m not taking anything away from him but our offense was nothing different than what everyone else ran. What we ran previously was the outlier - just horrible.

I’d say the biggest reason we increased our production was King, Singleton, Jamal, Dontae, and Wade getting our OLine up to ACC level speed after years of Key not being able to do it (yeah, I said it). And not playing Smith for most of the season when he and Haynes paired together are high level is a big ole negative in my book.

I don’t want to lose him because I like him and continuity is nice, but if he leaves I’m not freaking out. I’d be more concerned if we lost Wade. What our OLine did against UGA gave me more hope for the future than anything else. The OLine is the most important group on winning football teams.
We were a Top 25 offense the year after being one of, if not the, worst in the country. Yeah, a lot of that was Haynes King, but come on man, this is what good looks like.

We can agree to disagree about Patenaude. He was better than he got credit for - a sinking tide lowers all ships.

Back