Buster Faulkner

Long was demoted after the UVA or FSU game; thought that was well known. Think it was UVA when he kept calling all vertical routes while our QB Gibson was rattled as hell.
It has a whisper of familiarity, but I think I blocked out the last 4 years because I don't have any distinct memory of that nor do I find anything on a quick search.

Boy this thread turned dumb real quick, as ushe.

Weinke and Faulkner did great this year together - everything points that way. I’m certain that zero people on this message board know exactly who did what in that partnership, and I’m pretty sure that doesn’t matter anyway.

We need both good coaches to keep improving, and more good coaches to do the same on defense.

Boy this thread turned dumb real quick, as ushe.

Weinke and Faulkner did great this year together - everything points that way. I’m certain that zero people on this message board know exactly who did what in that partnership, and I’m pretty sure that doesn’t matter anyway.

We need both good coaches to keep improving, and more good coaches to do the same on defense.
Simon did his best stuff with Garfunkel, not solo.
same with Hall and Oates

Georgia Tech coordinator a candidate to become Middle Tennessee head coach
Buster Faulkner helped orchestrate major offensive turnaround for Tech
Georgia Tech fans cheer  during the second half of an NCAA college football game at Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta on Saturday, November 28, 2020.

Caption
Credit: Hyosub Shin/hshin@ajc.com
GEORGIA TECH
By Chad Bishop
41 minutes ago
Georgia Tech offensive coordinator Buster Faulkner is a candidate to become the head coach at Middle Tennessee, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed Thursday to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Faulkner, 42, helped orchestrate a major offensive turnaround for the Yellow Jackets in 2023. Tech has scored 14 more points per game this season compared with 2022, has the ACC’s top rushing offense at 197.1 yards per game and the league’s fifth-best total offense at 429.1 yards per contest.

“I think I’m the luckiest man in the world. Being from the state of Georgia, this is where I want to be,” Faulkner said after a Jackets practice in March. “I don’t want to be anywhere else.”
A former Parkview High and Valdosta State quarterback, Faulkner joined Brent Key’s staff earlier this year after three seasons as a quality-control and quarterbacks coach at Georgia. Faulkner was the Middle Tennessee offensive coordinator from 2011-15.
Faulkner signed a two-year contract with Tech and is being paid $750,000 annually.
Tech’s offense under the direction of Faulkner, and co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke, scored 48 touchdowns this season, more than twice the total from the ‘22 squad. Quarterback Haynes King has thrown for more than 2,700 yards, King and running back Jamal Haynes have totaled 1,579 yards rushing and 12 different players have caught a touchdown pass.

Middle Tennessee fired Rick Stockstill on Monday. Stockstill coached the Blue Raiders for 18 years.

Georgia Tech fans cheer  during the second half of an NCAA college football game at Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta on Saturday, November 28, 2020.'s Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta on Saturday, November 28, 2020.

Caption
GEORGIA TECH
By Chad Bishop
41 minutes ago
Georgia Tech offensive coordinator Buster Faulkner is a candidate to become the head coach at Middle Tennessee, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed Thursday to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Faulkner, 42, helped orchestrate a major offensive turnaround for the Yellow Jackets in 2023. Tech has scored 14 more points per game this season compared with 2022, has the ACC’s top rushing offense at 197.1 yards per game and the league’s fifth-best total offense at 429.1 yards per contest.

“I think I’m the luckiest man in the world. Being from the state of Georgia, this is where I want to be,” Faulkner said after a Jackets practice in March. “I don’t want to be anywhere else.”
A former Parkview High and Valdosta State quarterback, Faulkner joined Brent Key’s staff earlier this year after three seasons as a quality-control and quarterbacks coach at Georgia. Faulkner was the Middle Tennessee offensive coordinator from 2011-15.
Faulkner signed a two-year contract with Tech and is being paid $750,000 annually.
Tech’s offense under the direction of Faulkner, and co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Chris Weinke, scored 48 touchdowns this season, more than twice the total from the ‘22 squad. Quarterback Haynes King has thrown for more than 2,700 yards, King and running back Jamal Haynes have totaled 1,579 yards rushing and 12 different players have caught a touchdown pass.

Middle Tennessee fired Rick Stockstill on Monday. Stockstill coached the Blue Raiders for 18 years.

This would suck. Couldn't blame him for taking the opportunity but really hope he feels the need to finish what he started here first, and get some more development. He's still young.

Georgia Tech fans cheer  during the second half of an NCAA college football game at Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta on Saturday, November 28, 2020.'s Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta on Saturday, November 28, 2020.

Caption
GEORGIA TECH
By Chad Bishop
41 minutes ago

1701368328647.gif

This would suck. Couldn't blame him for taking the opportunity but really hope he feels the need to finish what he started here first, and get some more development. He's still young.
MTSU isn't an opportunity. It is a paycheck.

As long as Weinke stays, I'm OK

Back