Cabrera going HAM

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
I think he was named GT President in June 2019 and started mid September. Pretty sure you’re wrong. Think we had a football game before 9/15/19 and I seriously doubt hyped boy was coaching without a contract.

You might want to retract this.
Way to keep up with the conversation.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Angel wouldn’t have been able to change anything major from the originally agreed upon terms.
Oh I'm not saying he would have, I'm saying our legal advisors had that long to notice, "hey why does Geoff's buyout date change on 12/1 every year but GT's changes on 1/1?" Surely that is a change that could have been made. Anyway this isn't a discussion about that, I was just throwing all that out there now that I've noticed how long it took to get the actual contract signed.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I think he was named GT President in June 2019 and started mid September. Pretty sure you’re wrong. Think we had a football game before 9/15/19 and I seriously doubt hyped boy was coaching without a contract.

You might want to retract this.
He's a Dwag troll, why would he retract it?

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
You are correct.. I thought at first that he was hired after Collins but then for some reason I was thinking he was hired just before. I remember seeing his name on the contract, but now that I go look back at it, that signature date was July 2020. There is no addendum to the contract, so why would the signature date be in 2020? Can they make changes without it being an addendum to the original contract? The first paragraph doesn't make sense:

Contract:

wtf?
The contract revision was for the furlough instituted during covid.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
You ain't gonna get $20 million a year hosting concerts. Festivals are a no go, having been to plenty of them.

You're wasting time and ööööing up our field wanting to have a few concerts a season in our stadium. It is a ööööing retarded idea, and since you are the source, that makes absolute sense. The Bobby Dodd Stadium as a concert venue is a ööööing stupid idea
Champagne Jam way back in the day was pretty damn good.

WREKedinTexas

Kick the tires and light the fires!
There was a video feed on Youtube with Cabrera's opening remarks, prior to the interim AD talking. I have seen it and he is all in on GT having a competitive program. I watched it twice, but I have not been able to find it today. If I do I will post it.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
I know everyone hates the turf and loves the grass, and I do too, but before we get stuck on that like rain man, can we let the new AD come in and assess the situation?

There was a huge opportunity wasted to have massive concert series as well as one-offs at grant field that could be used to turn a profit for the AA but more importantly to help with GT's image and branding.
Yes. Let’s have big concerts. Maybe we can figure out in the meantime what chemical wrecks the turf so that it needs early replacement with grass.