Cabrera going HAM

Wasn’t Music Midtown looking for a new venue? Big stages in BDS and McCamish, smaller stages at Peters Park and Rusty C, all sorts of booths scattered around. Do it right after baseball season.
Same problem of being public land though. They need to find private property.

You have been known to have really, really stupid opinions and have been documented to make really. really stupid decisions, which we are not allowed to talk about here, brandon. So STFU.

I don't care about concerts at all, where you go to them constantly. I certainly would not go to a rap lollapalooza. This has nothing to do with concerts per se and everything to do with moving way, way up in the money arms race that is college football. If it meant I could make say 20 million a year to pay the salaries that would make the basketball team a perennial sweet sixteen team, I would rent out the tit as a strip club or for cirque de soleil or literally whatever. Our most valuable asset/advantage by far is our location, and we don't seem to have any interest whatsoever in using it to our advantage.
You ain't gonna get $20 million a year hosting concerts. Festivals are a no go, having been to plenty of them.

You're wasting time and ööööing up our field wanting to have a few concerts a season in our stadium. It is a ööööing retarded idea, and since you are the source, that makes absolute sense. The Bobby Dodd Stadium as a concert venue is a ööööing stupid idea

You're wasting time and ööööing up our field wanting to have a few concerts a season in our stadium. It is a ööööing retarded idea, and since you are the source, that makes absolute sense. The Bobby Dodd Stadium as a concert venue is a ööööing stupid idea

For whatever reason, we’ve done some big shows before: Pink Floyd, the Stones (twice), New Kids on the Block, I think BTS was supposed to play before Covid. But nothing consistent, and with so many other venues, it’s hard to believe that we’d ever do so consistently.

JRjr

You have been known to have really, really stupid opinions and have been documented to make really. really stupid decisions, which we are not allowed to talk about here, brandon. So STFU.

I don't care about concerts at all, where you go to them constantly.
Please, don't call him Brandon.

If I am following you are you saying BDS can't restrict handgun access? That does not seem correct.

Are the facilities at a public college campus public land the same way a park is? I wouldn’t think that to be the case. The metal directors and searches at the gates of BDS and McCamish suggest otherwise.

Are the facilities at a public college campus public land the same way a park is? I wouldn’t think that to be the case. The metal directors and searches at the gates of BDS and McCamish suggest otherwise.
The article implies that they are not public, but implies that the courts haven't decided to make that likely opinion fact.

BDS is probably closer to a "government building" than it is a public park.

Cabrera is talking crap, he is a complete liar and should be fired also, his signature is on Collins Contract also.
LOL the dude had been on the job for a whopping 3 months when we were hiring a head coach. I'm sure he had much more on his plate at the time and rubber stamped what he thought was a good choice and contract agreed on by the AA. Now he knows the AD (and likely more in the AA) were inept and stepped in to clean house and make changes.

LOL the dude had been on the job for a whopping 3 months when we were hiring a head coach. I'm sure he had much more on his plate at the time and rubber stamped what he thought was a good choice and contract agreed on by the AA. Now he knows the AD (and likely more in the AA) were inept and stepped in to clean house and make changes.
Nobody in the history of humans has changed their mind or opinion!!!!!!

(Sarcasm off)

It's possible he is noticing the schools with good football have often climbed in the school rankings and climbed in the endowment rankings while we have imploded in sports and school spirit among the alumni has decreased because we are a laughingstock and our ranking is declining.

Unless I’m wildly mistaken, Geoff was hired in December 2018 and Angel became president in September 2019.

Unless I’m wildly mistaken, Geoff was hired in December 2018 and Angel became president in September 2019.
You are correct.. I thought at first that he was hired after Collins but then for some reason I was thinking he was hired just before. I remember seeing his name on the contract, but now that I go look back at it, that signature date was July 2020. There is no addendum to the contract, so why would the signature date be in 2020? Can they make changes without it being an addendum to the original contract? The first paragraph doesn't make sense:

Contract:
This Georgia Institute of Technology Head Coach Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered into this 16th day of July, 2020, to be effective as of the 8th day of December, 2018 (the “Effective Date”), by and between the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia by and on behalf of Georgia Institute of Technology (“Georgia Tech”), the Georgia Tech Athletic Association (the “Association”), and Geoff Collins (the “Head Coach”).

wtf?

You are correct.. I thought at first that he was hired after Collins but then for some reason I was thinking he was hired just before. I remember seeing his name on the contract, but now that I go look back at it, that signature date was July 2020. There is no addendum to the contract, so why would the signature date be in 2020? Can they make changes without it being an addendum to the original contract? The first paragraph doesn't make sense:

Contract:

wtf?
My guess is they all agreed to the terms and signed a memorandum of agreement in December 2018 and then let the lawyers take it from there.

Damn. And it took until mid-2020 to get the final contract drawn and signed, and we STILL f-ed it up that bad? :rotfl: :facepalm:
Angel wouldn’t have been able to change anything major from the originally agreed upon terms.

Cabrera is talking crap, he is a complete liar and should be fired also, his signature is on Collins Contract also.
I think he was named GT President in June 2019 and started mid September. Pretty sure you’re wrong. Think we had a football game before 9/15/19 and I seriously doubt hyped boy was coaching without a contract.

You might want to retract this.

Back