Cabrera going HAM

Looks like we just disagree on how long it should take to formulate answers to questions that will affect our athletics programs for the next five to ten years.

Personally, I'd be a little worried if we had answers to how we are going to overhaul the athletics department less than 24 hours after we fired the two most important people in it. You can't take too long, of course, but I really think this is something that needs careful consideration, the input of multiple people, and lots of vetting to make sure we get it right.

However, if you think that most of that stuff should have given figured out within a day of firing the AD and HC, then I can see why you'd be upset that he didn't share any info on it today.
Right, we all need to keep are expectations in check and be patient.

Looks like we just disagree on how long it should take to formulate answers to questions that will affect our athletics programs for the next five to ten years.

Personally, I'd be a little worried if we had answers to how we are going to overhaul the athletics department less than 24 hours after we fired the two most important people in it. You can't take too long, of course, but I really think this is something that needs careful consideration, the input of multiple people, and lots of vetting to make sure we get it right.

However, if you think that most of that stuff should have given figured out within a day of firing the AD and HC, then I can see why you'd be upset that he didn't share any info on it today.
It's not just that. But not sticking around for anything?
at least hang around as a show of support for the interim.

It will be a long way back to re-establish Tech’s proper place in major college football (and basketball). All of us long for the successful days of Dr Rice and Coaches Ross, Cremins, O’Leary, and even Johnson when we were never out of a fight. However, the field for absolute success or unequaled failure is wide open across uncharted ground (NIL, Transfer Portal, evolving S/A culture).

As well as calling for “ownership” of the players and staff, we must require accountable ownership of the Institute’s leadership and management. Unfortunately, management from the field and (basketball) court level to the pinnacle of the Hill has been so lacking that we must now see before we believe.

Perhaps, success will restore our trust, but the leaders must do their jobs and produce. Expecting and relying on our perpetual loyalty and support is no longer acceptable.

To the Hill: Get this right this time, or the opportunity may be lost forever. Don’t f*** this up!

Yep. More alums come to games, more money is given to the athletic department and more money is donated to academics.

Plus, more sidewalk fans. Maybe someday we can FINALLY get some of the residents of the state to decide to pull for GT.
The lowest hanging fruit in the history of low hanging fruit fanbase they aren't tapping into worth a öööö is the 15k++ non-traditional/grad students and their friends and family.

Why does this bother you so much? Cabrera clearly has talked to Neville and Key extensively and supports them. I think this is a total nothing burger on which Schultz is perseverating.
Amen. This is like some asshole where Kate Upton walks over to you, whisks you off for free on a trip on her private jet to a private mansion on a private island, pleases you physically for an entire weekend, and you cant but help bitch to her about her butler not being able to produce your preferred IPA on demand. Anyone bitching at Cabrera today has to be the most negative, miserable to be around bastard. FFS, people, just enjoy the high for a second and worry about the depressing details tomorrow.

It is idiotic to expect him to say "here are the details of the plan to fix this issue" when you don't have the guy (the AD) that is absolutely critical core part of the process and the success. A plan that doesn't have the input of the AD is highly unlikely to be successful.

Amen. This is like some asshole where Kate Upton walks over to you, whisks you off for free on a trip on her private jet to a private mansion on a private island, pleases you physically for an entire weekend, and you cant but help bitch to her about her butler not being able to produce your preferred IPA on demand. Anyone bitching at Cabrera today has to be the most negative, miserable to be around bastard. FFS, people, just enjoy the high for a second and worry about the depressing details tomorrow.

It is idiotic to expect him to say "here are the details of the plan to fix this issue" when you don't have the guy (the AD) that is absolutely critical core part of the process and the success. A plan that doesn't have the input of the AD is highly unlikely to be successful.
In her defense, she did make sure the butler understood his mistake, and it was rectified the next time I was at the island

Key: “first thing we did was have a 2 1/2 hour special teams meeting.” :lol2:

This actually happened to me. It was a Sweetwater IPA. They didn’t even have 420. WTF.

It will be a long way back to re-establish Tech’s proper place in major college football (and basketball). All of us long for the successful days of Dr Rice and Coaches Ross, Cremins, O’Leary, and even Johnson when we were never out of a fight. However, the field for absolute success or unequaled failure is wide open across uncharted ground (NIL, Transfer Portal, evolving S/A culture).

As well as calling for “ownership” of the players and staff, we must require accountable ownership of the Institute’s leadership and management. Unfortunately, management from the field and (basketball) court level to the pinnacle of the Hill has been so lacking that we must now see before we believe.

Perhaps, success will restore our trust, but the leaders must do their jobs and produce. Expecting and relying on our perpetual loyalty and support is no longer acceptable.

To the Hill: Get this right this time, or the opportunity may be lost forever. Don’t f*** this up!
This is soooooo 2018 thinking.

I'm using 2018 in a joking manner cause normally you would use a date like 1950 or 1980 or something that is old, but the reality is that the one benefit of the garbage that is the compete de-amateurization of college football that occurred with NIL and Transfer Portal and paying the players is that it would take no time to re-establish Tech's proper place. It is not cheap to buy that, but be assured that, in 2022, for a P5 team in the player hotbed that is Atlanta, it can be bought.

Are we really serious about the school helping the AA like the other highly successful athletic schools have done? I don't know. I will believe it when we hear rumors about pressure not to give kids tests the day after a Thursday night game. Or if they raise student athletic fees but then make the student tickets free again. Nickel and diming the future fanbase away from attending sports is absolutely retarded. I could go on and on. And AMEN to your spot on points about the Hill too.

And close the ööööing library when there is a game dammit.

And get a maximum tailgating plan to encourage tailgating.

I think this is a total nothing burger on which Schultz is perseverating.
No, I don't think so.
At least give Jeff and Ken and the others the chance to ask, Ok, so what was the tipping point? Ask how much of the Collins contract weighed in the decision to let TS go? Why not fire Collins at the end of last season? Would a win over UCF prevented the ax from falling? and of course, who is going to review coaching contracts going forward so the school isn't burdened by onerous buyouts such as the ones Hewitt and Clown got?
Who got to walk Clown to his car? Which box had his nose and big shoes and how many other people were in the car?

If these moves are Cabrera's decisions, then let them ask what went into the decision. I think that's all Schultz was asking for.
All the stuff about funding and money for the future can wait for another day. But having the man who made the decision not take questions about his decisions, no matter how much those decisions needed to be made, is what Schultz is looking at.

Amen. This is like some asshole where Kate Upton walks over to you

This is soooooo 2018 thinking.
maxresdefault.jpg

Also:no politics at all except generic, traditional pro-American where appropriate. Absolutely no Black Lives Matter or Rainbow flags or even Pink breast awareness crap (thank God that is in February). None of the politics I might like either. Just flat out none.

I will also believe it if he starts fighting for the logical majors that we should have that would greatly interest athletes (like for example sports medicine).

No, I don't think so.
At least give Jeff and Ken and the others the chance to ask, Ok, so what was the tipping point? Ask how much of the Collins contract weighed in the decision to let TS go? Why not fire Collins at the end of last season? Would a win over UCF prevented the ax from falling? and of course, who is going to review coaching contracts going forward so the school isn't burdened by onerous buyouts such as the ones Hewitt and Clown got?
Who got to walk Clown to his car? Which box had his nose and big shoes and how many other people were in the car?

If these moves are Cabrera's decisions, then let them ask what went into the decision. I think that's all Schultz was asking for.
All the stuff about funding and money for the future can wait for another day. But having the man who made the decision not take questions about his decisions, no matter how much those decisions needed to be made, is what Schultz is looking at.
Allow me to state my opinion clearly.
I don't give a flying öööö about ANYTHING Jeff Schitz ever says. EVER. öööö him.
If you're on the side of Jeff, well then....you do the math.

Enough on this subject. Move on.

Back