Caleb Hampton

If the Cocks want him for baseball…I want him for baseball. And football. Get the job done Hall and Collins.

I saw Caleb Hampton at a grocery store in Atlanta yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I saw Caleb Hampton at a grocery store in Atlanta yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Big if true.

I remember my first acid trip

Big if true.
Not really

Young man is just getting an early start on his best Jameis Winston impersonation, didn't Jameis win a Heisman and a Natty?

C'mon down young man

Gotta git yo' mind rite, dude

There's an article in the Ft Worth newspaper where the TCU Coach tells his Boosters & Alums, "there are no rules", if TCU want to continue to recruit at the Level they've been recruiting at, the Business Community has to "embrace NIL" or STTE

Get ready for a wild ride over these next 4-5 years

GT can benefit from the new Era, or get run over by the New Era, the choice is ours

Ga Tech recruiting

A big part of building athletic programs is recruiting. Successful programs routinely target promising individuals early in their careers. As a long time Ga Tech fan I had posted about an individual that was very talented, had very good academics, and had a strong character from a great family.

I and Caleb received a series of divisive, hurtful posts on this forums by people who didn't know me or Caleb.

With today's social media such an integral part of our society, it is not unusual for juvenile, and ignorant statements to taint a potential good or even great recruit's opinion of a team.

Here is the young man to which that some irresponsible individuals made such ignorant, and hurtful statements.

Baylor senior RB Caleb Hampton

Tennessee Titans Mr. Football and Kicker of the Year finalists for
Tennessee High School
DII-AAA division

Max Carroll, Briarcrest
Caleb Hampton, Baylor
Marcel Reed, MBA

His team beat undefeated #1 MBA 38 -34 to win the Tennessee State Championship.

He had 173 yards on 19 carries and was voted MVP for the game.

He rushed for 1,485 yards, averaging 9.8 per carry, and scored 23 TDs in the regular season.

He is also one of the top baseball prospects in the state of Tennessee.

Last season hitting .396 with 7 HR and 14 2Bs

He has very good academic credentials.

He was previously committed to South Carolina as a junior. He decommited because he wanted to play football and baseball.

Hopefully if we can get around irresponsible and adolescent level rhetoric, we can, with our new coach Key recruit people like this to build a program.

Ga Tech recruiting

A big part of building athletic programs is recruiting. Successful programs routinely target promising individuals early in their careers. As a long time Ga Tech fan I had posted about an individual that was very talented, had very good academics, and had a strong character from a great family.

I and Caleb received a series of divisive, hurtful posts on this forums by people who didn't know me or Caleb.

With today's social media such an integral part of our society, it is not unusual for juvenile, and ignorant statements to taint a potential good or even great recruit's opinion of a team.

Here is the young man to which that some irresponsible individuals made such ignorant, and hurtful statements.

Tennessee High School
DII-AAA division

Max Carroll, Briarcrest
Caleb Hampton, Baylor
Marcel Reed, MBA

He rushed for 1,485 yards, averaging 9.8 per carry, and scored 23 TDs in the regular season.

He was previously committed to South Carolina as a junior. He decommited because he wanted to play football and baseball.

Hopefully if we can get around irresponsible and adolescent level rhetoric, we can, with our new coach Key recruit people like this to build a program.

Ok boomer

Ga Tech recruiting

Tennessee High School
DII-AAA division

Max Carroll, Briarcrest
Caleb Hampton, Baylor
Marcel Reed, MBA

People who think recruits don't read message boards, or that what's said doesn't matter, are lying to themselves solely because they want to continue to have a place they can act like children.

Ga Tech recruiting

Tennessee High School
DII-AAA division

Max Carroll, Briarcrest
Caleb Hampton, Baylor
Marcel Reed, MBA

Since Caleb doesn’t post on this forum, I doubt he directly received any divisive and hurtful posts. Sounds like you need to grow a pair.

People who think recruits don't read message boards, or that what's said doesn't matter, are lying to themselves solely because they want to continue to have a place they can act like children.
People who don’t know that all message boards are like this are kidding themselves. I try not to post too much negativity about high school kids, but this is message board and social media reality. And we are no worse than others. At least we aren’t making death threats.

Ga Tech recruiting

Tennessee High School
DII-AAA division

Max Carroll, Briarcrest
Caleb Hampton, Baylor
Marcel Reed, MBA

While you're at it, order me a frosty.

And tell Caleb I said hi.

Find me a single message board where the posters are not acting like children. This one by comparison is tame compared to big programs. Go read Surlyhorns, Eleven Warriors, or any SEC message board after a loss.

Ga Tech recruiting

Tennessee High School
DII-AAA division

Max Carroll, Briarcrest
Caleb Hampton, Baylor
Marcel Reed, MBA

You left out some critical parts of your scouting report:

1. Are his grades good and does he want to study science or engineering?
  2. Do he and his family have a strong sense of humor that can handle exposure to Stingtalk?
  3. Is his mom hot?

If the answer to any of the above is no, I recommend you take this post to another site.

I mean they were warned in May of 2020.

I would also be willing to be that Baylor has a message board similar to this one but a random thread about this kid wasn't created.

Find me a single message board where the posters are not acting like children. This one by comparison is tame compared to big programs. Go read Surlyhorns, Eleven Warriors, or any SEC message board after a loss.
Shaggybevo had a guy who rose to fame using MS Paint to draw dick art each week.

TigerDroppings (insert poop joke here) did the same but in gif form.

Ga Tech recruiting

Tennessee High School
DII-AAA division

Max Carroll, Briarcrest
Caleb Hampton, Baylor
Marcel Reed, MBA

I supported you several years back, linking to some of Caleb's twitter posts and such. You said "this site used to be good" well I've been around since close to the beginning and it has always been "snarky" to say the least. Surely you see that this is all in good fun.

That being said, what recruiting interest is he seeing for Football. I googled but didn't see a profile for him like he has for Baseball. And as someone else said, if he is good enough to get a Gamecock offer he should be good enough for GT as well.

People who don’t know that all message boards are like this are kidding themselves. I try not to post too much negativity about high school kids, but this is message board and social media reality. And we are no worse than others. At least we aren’t making death threats.

I never said other message boards aren't the same way. They are. And if they don't think it has any effect on recruits or the players they are lying to themselves as well

"Sure I'm acting like a dick and it may hurt the program, but other message boards are worse so it's cool" is a poor excuse to justify being a dick to recruits or players in a public forum.

Back