California Loses the Rose Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a Coastal Carolina win in the Myrtle Beach White Claw/Fireball bowl.

only reason i said yellow was Yellow Rose of Texas. just for the record. also, i guess if Cally is so tapped out on hospital resources it must be because they didn't shut down enough. smh.
Could be, or could be other factors. Exactly why they're tapped out now is immaterial to the discussion of whether the Rose Bowl should be held there, now.

Could be, or could be other factors. Exactly why they're tapped out now is immaterial to the discussion of whether the Rose Bowl should be held there, now.
what is material is that the Rose Bowl is leaving California, although for just this year, much like anything or anyone else with some basic common sense and a desire for freedom.

Why don’t we just save everyone some time and just play the Alabama/Clemson national championship game? If you have a 20 pt spread to open a playoff game, you haven’t picked the right team (or there just aren’t 4 deserving teams).
So if we had the type of season that ND or Ohio State had then you wouldn’t want GA Tech to play in a semi-final?

So if we had the type of season that ND or Ohio State had then you wouldn’t want GA Tech to play in a semi-final?
I think there are three core requirements that should be met in order to get a shot at a national championship:
1) Play a full season (no OSU)
2) Win a conference championship (no ND)
3) No more than 1 loss (all teams are okay here)

There are plenty of great bowl options for top teams that don’t meet these criteria.

Last edited:
When UGA can spend all the money they want on players, how well do you think Georgia Tech competes? We don’t have a fan base that spends all of their stimulus checks on apparel and other bullshit.

At least the illusion of amateurism prevents players from becoming straight free agents. I’m not opposed to paying18 year olds, I just don’t want schools to do it. Tech doesn’t need to subsidize the NFL development league. Let the free market decide.

Good grief. The hospitals in southern California are overrun. People are being laid out in hospital lobbies, hallways, gift shops, and even in tents outside. People are being actually turned away. And it's getting worse. People are undoubtedly dying because of the shortage of hospital beds, ICU beds, and staff. It would be unconscionable for the Rose Bowl to seat fans in this situation.

My Granny.

They are not talking about paying fans, they are talking about player’s families.

Can not believe some politician could not understand that the players have wives and families that want to support the player(s). It is not like these people do not see their husband and children anyway.

Was hoping for some sort of intelligence from the politicians. Maybe my error.

Good grief. The hospitals in southern California are overrun. People are being laid out in hospital lobbies, hallways, gift shops, and even in tents outside. People are being actually turned away. And it's getting worse. People are undoubtedly dying because of the shortage of hospital beds, ICU beds, and staff. It would be unconscionable for the Rose Bowl to seat fans in this situation.
So only let people in from out-of-state. They will be home before they get sick so Cali bed problems will be irrelevant. AND/OR test everyone going in.
If the same people who negotiate coaches contracts for GT also negotiated the ND-ACC deal this year, we will find that ND gets to keep their CFP $$$ all to themselves.
Even that is better than UGAy getting an extra share from a mediocre A&M being let in.

what is material is that the Rose Bowl is leaving California, although for just this year, much like anything or anyone else with some basic common sense and a desire for freedom.
Rose bowl was previously held at wallace wade, too. I wouldn't look to far into this game being moved.

But the Rose Bowl will still have to pay California taxes for the next 10 years

I think I still prefer the 6 team idea. Finishing #1 and #2 should still count for something other than hypothetically better seed matchups. Give those two a bye, the other four play for the semis.

This. 8 teams waters it down too much. We’d have a 3-loss UF team in an 8-team playoff this year.

Also at large teams are not needed. We already determined they aren’t the best teams in their conference. That’s what conferences are for. To find the best team in a subset so they can play the champs from the other subsets. We don’t need to waste spots on teams we already know aren’t the best in the country.

Conferences decide how to choose their reps. If you have a fluke team win your conference over a juggernaut, then maybe you should have had a smarter way of choosing your champ.

I love it. Both because the California is scared, and because the Yellow Rose of Texas.

B40AE97E-AA32-4041-8043-435ACF874B9C.jpeg

Dabo ranked OSU 11th based on their short season. Bold move to rate your next opponent lower than anyone else did. Decent chance he’ll prove his point and win easily, but with 19 year olds you can’t be sure.

This. 8 teams waters it down too much. We’d have a 3-loss UF team in an 8-team playoff this year.

Also at large teams are not needed. We already determined they aren’t the best teams in their conference. That’s what conferences are for. To find the best team in a subset so they can play the champs from the other subsets. We don’t need to waste spots on teams we already know aren’t the best in the country.

Conferences decide how to choose their reps. If you have a fluke team win your conference over a juggernaut, then maybe you should have had a smarter way of choosing your champ.
No. You's have the four you got, plus Cinci, CC, Taxas A&M and Oklahoma.

When UGA can spend all the money they want on players, how well do you think Georgia Tech competes? We don’t have a fan base that spends all of their stimulus checks on apparel and other bullshit.

At least the illusion of amateurism prevents players from becoming straight free agents. I’m not opposed to paying18 year olds, I just don’t want schools to do it. Tech doesn’t need to subsidize the NFL development league. Let the free market decide.
Holy crap! A free market shout-out from one of our most vocal libtards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back