Call with AT Fund Rep

In the 70's the student section was in the lower East between the North end zone and the 30.
I think it extended further than the 30s, but that's been a long time ago. In the 60s, the rats sat on the temporary bleachers in front of the sophomores and junior. Seniors and grad students were in the upper east.

*DING DING DING*

This is where the ROI would be. In particular, for the upper East. Those would instantly become the best seats in the house for actually watching the game and they could charge an appropriate premium for that.
The upper east is one of the stupidest built upper decks in the country. I doubt many of you remember, but before they added the club section and club in the lower east, there were 20 to 40 rows of seats in the middle of which were 4 - 6 support beam clusters. If you got stuck in the rows behind those supports, you couldn't see a damn thing. There was a reason for doing that, in that the upper deck couldn't extend over Techwood Drive, but there had to be a better way to build it than what they did.

Not really. Neither team has shade and it gets progressively worse for the east as the game wears on.
It does get progressively worse for those in the upper east (I sit there), but before the sun gets high enough in the sky to affect us in the east, it is shining directly into the faces of those on the west. I would imagine is hot as hell in the upper west.

The upper east is one of the stupidest built upper decks in the country. I doubt many of you remember, but before they added the club section and club in the lower east, there were 20 to 40 rows of seats in the middle of which were 4 - 6 support beam clusters. If you got stuck in the rows behind those supports, you couldn't see a damn thing. There was a reason for doing that, in that the upper deck couldn't extend over Techwood Drive, but there had to be a better way to build it than what they did.
I sat next to a beam in the LE for the UGAg yellow flag gift Bobo game.

The upper deck chairbacks in the end zone opposite of the jumbo screen aren't bad.
I would think it's just as steep in the upper end zone as it is on the sides. They hadn't put a deck over the endzone when I was last there, but looking at it on TV, it looks pretty symmetrical. I worked in Knoxville (Oak Ridge, actually) my first 2 years after getting out of Tech, and I had my parents up for the Tech-UT game, and we were in the upper deck. My mom was terrified, and I didn't care for it much myself.

I would think it's just as steep in the upper end zone as it is on the sides. They hadn't put a deck over the endzone when I was last there, but looking at it on TV, it looks pretty symmetrical. I worked in Knoxville (Oak Ridge, actually) my first 2 years after getting out of Tech, and I had my parents up for the Tech-UT game, and we were in the upper deck. My mom was terrified, and I didn't care for it much myself.
Been there many times. Big place! GT fans should all pull for Tennessee, Florida, and Auburn unless they are playing GT.

FB_IMG_1699052307793.jpg

It’s not seating and elevators, it’s the whole damn thing. You ever walked down the steep slopes to get into the bathrooms, for instance? Compliance over there is probably a tear down.

JRjr
This is true. My parents are in reasonably good shape for their ages and they had a bitch of a time in the LW moving around. The stairs in the seating are also steeper than code I believe.

Back