Call with AT Fund Rep

It’s not seating and elevators, it’s the whole damn thing. You ever walked down the steep slopes to get into the bathrooms, for instance? Compliance over there is probably a tear down.

JRjr
I mean we completely demolished the lower east and north stands to build what we have now. Seats were the name of the game in the early ‘00s. Now it’s quality over quantity. We need to demo the west lower bowl and that would include the bathrooms. Also I think another reason we didn’t demo the lower east is the additional cost to demo what’s under those stands, more concrete stands. We just played it off as preserving history.

I mean we completely demolished the lower east and north stands to build what we have now. Seats were the name of the game in the early ‘00s. Now it’s quality over quantity. We need to demo the west lower bowl and that would include the bathrooms. Also I think another reason we didn’t demo the lower east is the additional cost to demo what’s under those stands, more concrete stands. We just played it off as preserving history.
I think there is more under the lower west that goes WAY BACK than is under the lower east

It’s not seating and elevators, it’s the whole damn thing. You ever walked down the steep slopes to get into the bathrooms, for instance? Compliance over there is probably a tear down.

JRjr

yeah they need to something about the west stands bathrooms. I see elderly people struggling up and down to the bathroom itself. If the floor is wet, you have to be extremely careful or you’ll bust your tail on the way down or up.

I simply do not buy that the club seat folks are there, just hanging out in the lounge. I thought the lower bowl seating against Louisville roughly mirrored the seating at BDS as far as where season ticket holders sat at the Benz. The lower bowl was pretty full, except for a large number of empty seats behind the Louisville bench, corresponding to where the club seats are in the East stands.

Do you really think there are that many who buy expensive seating who don’t go to those seats but fight traffic and come to downtown Atlanta to watch our games on TV in a stadium lounge?

We moved to CL when it opened and now have several seats. We attend regularly/every game if possible. The lounge is always packed, uncomfortably so usually. The lounge is not a "premium experience" compared to other stadium premium venues and certainly not a reason to purchase Club seats imo.

They should get rid of the Lounge and get peoples asses back in their seats where they belong.
Like I said, it’s not the lounge’s fault, it’s the product now. When we’re winning the lounge was packed because they forced you to stay there if you got a beer. The lounge isn’t packed nor are the club seats now because we sucked for so long.

A few thoughts:
- I wouldn't spend a lot of money, we still haven't paid off the North stands
- If premium seating is the best way to make $$, then get creative
- Wardlaw South luxury seating is enjoyable, great for small children
- lower east CL lounge is a godsend if you bring small children to the game, especially day games. The beers are nice as well.
- Lower North student section works better than when students were spread out in Lower/Upper East and North was the spillover. Wish students would fill the lower South stands again.
- the lower West could convert the top 5 rows into another row of suites, or create a Wardlaw type lounge where the restrooms are, or have waiters/waitresses serve in the "high-end" lower west seats.
- the first 5 rows of Upper West could be converted to suites

A few thoughts:
- I wouldn't spend a lot of money, we still haven't paid off the North stands
- If premium seating is the best way to make $$, then get creative
- Wardlaw South luxury seating is enjoyable, great for small children
- lower east CL lounge is a godsend if you bring small children to the game, especially day games. The beers are nice as well.
- Lower North student section works better than when students were spread out in Lower/Upper East and North was the spillover. Wish students would fill the lower South stands again.
- the lower West could convert the top 5 rows into another row of suites, or create a Wardlaw type lounge where the restrooms are, or have waiters/waitresses serve in the "high-end" lower west seats.
- the first 5 rows of Upper West could be converted to suites
South EZ could easily be converted to open air cabana type seating. Get rid of bleachers for most part. Give each cabana 2-4 rows of chair backs. With a flat party area behind. Put removable flat panel tvs in each cabana for replay. Cover area with retractable canvas awnings. Cabanas can be reserved by the game or as part of a season ticket for individuals. No corporate reservations.

I think the best solution is to give the south endzone some of the block seating. They seem to be culturally pushing attendance better than the general students, so give them priority.

Also, give Goodfellas the first row as block seats and get them to fill it.

Having sat in those seats for a game or two, yes. My experience was that the lounge area was used to socialize, let the kids run around and enjoy some alcohol.

1699112052303.png

The stadium atmosphere was a million times better when students were in the east stands.

The club seating is a monumental embarrassment.

Back