Calm the f*** down

I will predict that the offense will have far more success against Miami. I don't know if that will be a win or not. But I'm more hopeful than most here. Florida is just not that good of a team.

I agree with all of this (except I'm not sure we can improve enough in 10 days to beat Miami). But we absolutely need to figure out a plan B and C when the middle of the line gets destroyed. I thought that was the point of the diamond/pistol - but I suppose we had a limited game plan due to the short week. Since we have sucked at the option, CPJ probably spent all week practicing mainly that.

We ran speed option outside ONCE (from the shotgun), and with success. We ran only a few rocket tosses. Very little roll out passing. Playcalling needed more of all these elements to have a chance. CPJ needs to give his young QB a chance.
All this and I'll add in a screen pass.

I will predict that the offense will have far more success against Miami. I don't know if that will be a win or not. But I'm more hopeful than most here. Florida is just not that good of a team.

Completely agree. That VPI defense matched up perfectly against our offense, and they made us pay for the sloppiness that we can get away with against less talented defenses. The coaching didn't help us one bit, but I'm afraid when our o-line is getting blown up and their defenders are shedding blocks, it won't much matter what play we run out of which formation.

Let's put some points on the board next week in Miami Gardens and everyone will forget about the atrocity that was our offensive showing last night.

But we are the kings of n.c. :biggthumpup:

And, referring to a different post, in 1989 we had CBR - the very BEST coach GT football ever had. And Shawn Jones who was given things to do he could do, and an O line taught to block - not flop down in the dirt. And - well everyone knows the rest.

Not to mention a Charmin-soft schedule (LOL @ 1 10-win team, pre-FSU ACC, etc) where 4 games were won by less than one score.

Looking at 1989 and 1991, that 1990 team was probably really an 8- or 9-win team that got lucky against an easy schedule.

Not to mention a Charmin-soft schedule (LOL @ 1 10-win team, pre-FSU ACC, etc) where 4 games were won by less than one score.

Looking at 1989 and 1991, that 1990 team was probably really an 8- or 9-win team that got lucky against an easy schedule.

We have had plenty of luck the past 2 weeks. Not anything wrong with it.

I would take CBR over CPJ any day, any time, any where.

Referencing another poster - we may not win at Miami but our O will do better type statement.

If we don't win then the O / D / ST still stink and CPJ has another loss against a real team.

Remove the 3 TOs and 65 false starts, tech wins by a TD. Don't be so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water. Just ask any vol fan...

Remove the 3 TOs and 65 false starts, tech wins by a TD. Don't be so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water. Just ask any vol fan...

How many plays do I have to remove for us to have won the past 2 UGA games?

Here's what I saw last night:
In an effort to "game" the VT defense, PJ went to some new wrinkles (slotback in motion and stops behind QB) and long snap counts, which essentially backfired half a dozen times. Three days of practice probably wasn't enough.
There was NO blocking at all, especially on the edges. Whether it was poor recognition, VT just being better or what, it was abominable.
Sims and Laskey were getting good push up the middle, 6, 7, 8 yards and then PJ would try the edge again and there would be nothing there so Va Tech figured he'd go back up the middle and he would and there would be nothing there.
The fumble Vad got back at their 8 looked like it was going to be rocket toss before he just up and dropped the ball. PJ furiously gave a signal that looked like run the same play and Va Tech was dialed in and got Godhigh for a 2-yard loss. Then again, if the corner was blocked better, Godhigh had some room. Still, I think they knew rocket toss was coming back.
Would like to have seen a screen pass against their blitz, maybe to Godhigh or Sims with two pulling linemen, on either of the last two series. I think it would have gashed them - or blown up in futile desperation.
PJ is stubborn, like when he kept calling for counter option in the last home game against NC State and they kept stomping on it. VT was getting way too much penetration to keep calling counter option, and calling for it more than once was calling for it one too many times. He only called it a few times but still ...
Defense made Logan Thomas look an all American in the first half but they did a great job in the second half. And Va Tech's running backs did absolutely nothing. Thomas' 26-yard run was half of their rushing total, or close to it. Defense gave the offense a chance to win, even without forcing a turnover.
And still, even as badly as the offense played and as subpar as the game plan was, there was a still a good chance at pulling that game out, thanks largely to the defense. It was just a disappointing day all around, even if Hawks Ridge was in great shape. Course good. My game not so much.
But as we said to a couple of players after the game, f up some Hurricanes next weekend and all will be right with the world. (A little bit of hyperbole, sure, but didn't want to stomp on the kids' confidence after that turd in the punch bowl)

Here's what I saw last night:

In an effort to "game" the VT defense, PJ went to some new wrinkles (slotback in motion and stops behind QB) and long snap counts, which essentially backfired half a dozen times. Three days of practice probably wasn't enough.

There was NO blocking at all, especially on the edges. Whether it was poor recognition, VT just being better or what, it was abominable.
Sims and Laskey were getting good push up the middle, 6, 7, 8 yards and then PJ would try the edge again and there would be nothing there so Va Tech figured he'd go back up the middle and he would and there would be nothing there.

The fumble Vad got back at their 8 looked like it was going to be rocket toss before he just up and dropped the ball. PJ furiously gave a signal that looked like run the same play and Va Tech was dialed in and got Godhigh for a 2-yard loss. Then again, if the corner was blocked better, Godhigh had some room. Still, I think they knew rocket toss was coming back.

Would like to have seen a screen pass against their blitz, maybe to Godhigh or Sims with two pulling linemen, on either of the last two series. I think it would have gashed them - or blown up in futile desperation.

PJ is stubborn, like when he kept calling for counter option in the last home game against NC State and they kept stomping on it. VT was getting way too much penetration to keep calling counter option, and calling for it more than once was calling for it one too many times. He only called it a few times but still ...

Defense made Logan Thomas look an all American in the first half but they did a great job in the second half. And Va Tech's running backs did absolutely nothing. Thomas' 26-yard run was half of their rushing total, or close to it. Defense gave the offense a chance to win, even without forcing a turnover.

And still, even as badly as the offense played and as subpar as the game plan was, there was a still a good chance at pulling that game out, thanks largely to the defense. It was just a disappointing day all around, even if Hawks Ridge was in great shape. Course good. My game not so much.

But as we said to a couple of players after the game, f up some Hurricanes next weekend and all will be right with the world. (A little bit of hyperbole, sure, but didn't want to stomp on the kids' confidence after that turd in the punch bowl)

Good post but use a ööööing paragraph.

Use a ööööing paragraph.

No. How about that öööö?
Either find something wrong with the content or don't. If you don't want to read it, then don't. If you do want to read it, then good and it will be much more accessible than Finnegan's Wake.

The Canes are gonna get effed in the A.

Yall need to calm it the öööö down

I keep reading this thread title in Sam Jackson's voice. #coolstorybro

Ya might wanna tell that to a Nebraska team with EIGHT future NFLers on their starting D, which we hung 40+ points on. ANY MNC has luck involved.

Back