Calm the f*** down

Just chill. It was an ugly loss, but you have to remember several things:

1) VT is a legit top 5 defense this year. Alabama couldn't do anything with them either, they got whipped up front too.

2) Vad Lee is "the man" for the first time this year. Nesbitt wasn't always "4th and Nesbitt", and wasn't as much of an all-around talent as Vad. He showed his youth a little last night

3) The main problems weren't physical, they were mental. The penalties, blown assignments, missed reads, all of that was fixable. the only questionable exception was our left guard, who didn't make a backside block all night.

4) The defense is much better, but still has a ways to go. I think they will only get better.

5) GT played the worst I've ever seen them play offensively and it was still a one-possession game, that could have been won.

6) The reason we run pistol, diamond, etc. is a changeup to our base offense. Kind of like pro-style teams run shotgun and spread teams bring in extra linemen for goalline. In our system, THOSE are the ööööööös, and they don't solve the problem of getting whipped up front.

7) CPJ is more frustrated than any of us are. He will get it fixed.

I expect a rebound, and a hard-fought win at Miami.

These are valid points, well thought through and altogether plausible if two things happen:
1. Vad gets his footwork and other issues straightened out and runs the offense.
2. The offensive line improves steadily beginning next week

Frankly, given the performance I saw on Thursday night the players yapping about getting paid just might want to shut up until they produce a product worth paying for. Just my two cents.

Not to mention a Charmin-soft schedule (LOL @ 1 10-win team, pre-FSU ACC, etc) where 4 games were won by less than one score.

Looking at 1989 and 1991, that 1990 team was probably really an 8- or 9-win team that got lucky against an easy schedule.

Interesting, were you by chance there for that season? If not, permit me to enlighten you. That team was extremely well balanced with playmakers on both sides of the ball. Good team speed on defense and tough linemen like Coleman Rudolph. William Bell could run, block, and catch passes out of the backfield with two excellent receivers for Shawn Jones to throw to. They would run that little delay to Bell and then Jones would hit you with a long pass off the same play action. That team spotted Georgia a 9 point lead in the first half in Athens and blew them away. They were legit.

Interesting, were you by chance there for that season? If not, permit me to enlighten you. That team was extremely well balanced with playmakers on both sides of the ball. Good team speed on defense and tough linemen like Coleman Rudolph. William Bell could run, block, and catch passes out of the backfield with two excellent receivers for Shawn Jones to throw to. They would run that little delay to Bell and then Jones would hit you with a long pass off the same play action. That team spotted Georgia a 9 point lead in the first half in Athens and blew them away. They were legit.

You left out Marco Coleman who had a long NFL career. That team was stacked and when they had bad weeks, they were a tie to UNC and a 6-3 win over VT. Somehow, children forget that UVA was on a run back then and ranked #1 when we beat them. They simply played like a team, something I'm not seeing now.

+1 --the guy who posted that garbage is clueless. Rip on our 1990 MNC team ...wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe every season we can beat those guys. then we play them. I have got to remember we are an 8 win team and will be every season here on out with CPJ. The disappointment reminds me every season. As long as he can get to 8 wins though(which he hasn't for a bit) and hype in the off-season that this will be the year, we will have him forever.

Frank Beamer + Bud Foster is always >> Paul Johnson + who ever he hired as DC for a couple years.

It just as factual as math.

Frank Beamer + Bud Foster is always >> Paul Johnson + who ever he hired as DC for a couple years.

It just as factual as math.

Is your sole purpose to come on this board and trash Paul Johnson?

I'm not even sure you're a Tech fan.

Back