Can we please stop with the "Tech to the Big 10" stuff

We could tell you but we'd have to kill you.

Really its all just speculation. There was a report out of ESPN two weeks ago that said the SEC commish has been in talks with GT, FSU, etc about possible expansion. That report was later clarified to be false, but it sounded to me like a conversation that was off the record, got reported and the SEC commish basically slapped ESPN's wrist. So no telling what that means.

Then you have the fact that GT has been recently admitted into the AAU which is the Association of American Universities and a BIG TIME requirement for Big Ten admission. We are the first Big Time University in the south that has been admitted (not one SEC school is in the AAU FWIW).

So speculating on the puzzle pieces that could be, GT has in the least positioned itself knowingly or unknowingly to be a huge southern reach benefit of the Big Ten if they go to 16 teams. At the same time, it probably comes as no surprise that GT would love to be a part of SEC expansion plans because of regional allegiances and the monetary profit would be far greater than the Big Ten or the ACC. The only way we make sure we are included in the SEC expansion plan is to make ourselves a potential suitor for the Big Ten where the SEC is forced to include us in their plans whether they want to or not.

At this point there could be arguments on both sides if the SEC actually wants GT in their plans. But in the least, we seem to have met all qualifications to meet Big Ten standards.

The more GT to the Big Ten rumors there are the better it is for GT ending up in the SEC. So talk it up!!!
Can you explain how joining the SEC would result in far greater monetary profit?

The difference in payouts per school makes up for any incremental rise in travel costs for the athletes many times over.

And I have college football arguments more with ACC and Big Ten fans who are relocated here in my office and neighborhood than SEC fans, don't see many of them in a technology company or my neighborhood unless they're cleaning. Once they joined the ACC it didn't take long for FSU and VPI to go from nothing to "Rivalry" real fast, and the Big Ten would be the same. I like playing SEC schools and beating them just to shut them up about their conference superiority, if we're one of them we'd have to take their side.

If you're talking about fans who have to drive to away games, that's fine, but I fly everywhere.

GT is not a whore

You are correct sir. At this price I'd say this rockets us right past whore, past mistress, past wife, to wife who got paid half of everything because you were caught with your pants on the ground and didn't have a pre-nup. In other words, a very, very expensive woman. Like $22 million a year expensive.

BTW nice handle.

Back