Can You Guys Handle the Truth?...

The Gnome of Zurich

Varsity Lurker
Braine will not be around after July, Curry will not be the AD, Stansbury will be, an we will have a great Head Coach come in under Stansbury. I believe this is what could happen, we'll see. What I do know is Stansbury understands GT, has the most experience as an AD, everyone knows him, he understands what Homer's "Total Person Concept" is, and would be able to attract a great coach- one we would all be proud of. We'll see. Braine then can Fly-fish or work in the ACC Commissioners office, Clough can keep raising money for buildings and a few years from now we may be able to enjoy an ACC Championship game.

Are you hearing this or is this just what you think will happen?
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

General Tommy Franks is going to retire soon. Do you think we could pick him up as an AD?

Gnome,
A man who stand up and says what he believes.Congrats.
Hate to admit my ignorance but who is Stansbury?
btw-Since Braine and Clough are connected could MR.champion-the-NCAA-before-TECH also feel some heat.

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
Save these posts until July. We'll see what's real and what's fanatasy.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">So do you know something or not is the question i'm asking.

Hey Gnome...please excuse my ignorance who is Stansbury? I would like to know. Also, Do you know something or are you just speculating? If you do know something how did you come by the info? Just wondering.

Price Memorial Gold

Thanks Gnats.
Looks good to me. I hope it happens.

Price Memorial Gold

I don't get it..
So he has just taken this job at OSU and now he's coming here in July ?

Is this for real ?

Any hints as to the sources ?

Yes, this July-August. If it doesnt happen we will be done. If it does happen the way I have posted then we will have the program in the right direction quickly. The coach I have heard (again, all just talk at this stage) is one we all know and we all love. I think the AD deal is more 70-80% real and the coach deal is probably 50/50. But either way it took some BIG people to wake up Clough. Money does talk, that's the way it is and the way it always will be, and the way it should be at this stage. 3-9 this year but dont worry.

Oh, and another thing...The coach has won Championships at all levels of football. I am not counting on it but if he was the next coach, GT tickets would be the hottest in town, especially if the expansion goes through.

If anyone goes, my guess is Braine would accede to a buyout of his choosing. That is a distinct possibility. My guess on the coach is Gailey for the remainder of the year.

I will guess Gailey's performance throughout the season will determine his presence at the end of the year. If Tech were to start out with an 0-4 record, then he could be gone sooner.

If we start out with a 4-0 or 3-1 record, his chances would be great at remaining. A 2-2 record, and he would still be under the magnifying glass.

An 0-4 or 1-3 record and he would be under a ton of pressure.

If he starts out 4-0 or 3-1 and wins two out of the next four against Vanderbilt, NCSU, Wake Forest, and Maryland, he will be here until the end of the season.

wink.gif

ahso, 2-2 would actually be quite impressive. I believe CG's likely status is as follows:

6+ wins AND an improving team-he stays and should.
4 or fewer and a loss to ugag-he goes and should.
4 or fewer and a win vs ugag-he stays and should.
6+ wins AND a declining team and blowout II vs ugag- he goes and should.

Regardless of which of these scenarios happen, with the possible exception of the first, DB goes and should. THWG

That all sounds good but it's FANTASYLAND. It is chaos down there, the motivation is low, seniors can live off campus because Gailey allows them too, etc etc. I want it to change asap because I hate being negative but we need to get through this year. I would love to be proven wrong believe me but my expectations are low so therefore I will have some good tailgates this year. Over under is definitely 3 right now and could go to 0 if we have some more starters not pass this summer-which is a real possibility unfortunately.

Well I'll bite. I don't feel like working anyways. You said "Championships at all levels of football ... tickets would be the hottest in town, especially if the expansion goes through. "

Hmmm, lots of championships and expansion (Miami) is significant. So you're saying JJ would be the next coach?

Back