Catchall öööö Geff Thread

Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.

It might be possible that Collins is a bad HC but great DC. I hope he learned from his time a GT. Tough break for UNC to lose the QB in game 1.

He learned there are limits to failing upwards.

In my opinion, Geoff Collins' defense looked good last night. He had been a good defensive coordinator at Mississippi State and Florida, so I wasn't surprised. I don't wish anybody any bad luck, and I believe in giving credit to people when they do a good job.

Of course, I am glad that Brent Key is our coach. Tech really has a chance for a very special season. And it was Collins who brought Brent Key to Tech and kept him here when South Carolina or somebody wanted him. So, I even thank Collins for that.

I was surprised to see the UNC coach on the sideline holding a poster with a dollar mark on it and the words "Money Down" written on it. But, they played a good game.

All in all, it was good for the ACC and Tech for UNC to Beat Minnesota. It will help us if the teams we play are considered
good when we play them.

If we play good, I will be happy. What other teams do in games that don't affect Tech doesn't matter to me.

The big thing on my mind is Georgia State. I'm sure this is a bigger game to them than FSU was to us. If we lose this game, all the good we achieved by beating FSU will be down the drain. Tech has lost too many games like this in recent years. We've got to win games we're favored in to be taken seriously. Teams in Tech's position cannot afford to take ever one quarter off.

Go Jackets!
They perused the ball carrier well. The “attacked the football” trying to get turnovers. They lacked fundamental tackling skills on a number of plays that cost first downs and could have lost them the game. All in all, sounds way too familiar.

Always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.

It might be possible that Collins is a bad HC but great DC. I hope he learned from his time a GT. Tough break for UNC to lose the QB in game 1.
Dick Nixon, in da house!

Unc's D looked ok against a bad offense. They will look ok vs the cupcakes they have the next few games.

By the time we play them the cancer will have spread. They will just get worse the longer they play for him.

Probably the best thing Nixon ever said and thankfully he said it as he was going out the door.

Lol that’s cute. I took a massive Geff this morning. Took two rolls to clear. Classic.

Ok, that means his haters win and he loses because he clearly has shown disdain for them and even those that don't hate him but merely criticize, both during and after his tenure here. So thus he will destroy himself and I'm fine with that.

As for the potential of him being a bad HC but could be a great DC. Is this possible in the world? Sure, there are examples of this. But you have to look at it from the proper perspective. The reason that he is not a great DC and never will be is for the very same reason he was a pathetically bad HC and that is that he is a terrible leader. He possesses traits that you absolutely would not want in a leader. It is clear to me that he learned nothing from his failed regime here. You can watch his press conferences and see all of this in action. He's not going to be a terrible leader as a head coach but somehow as defensive coordinator he's a fantastic leader, that's not how leadership works. In short, he sucks, UNC will ultimately come to regret the hire.

The best illustration I can think of with this is the first game with Brent Key as interim head coach. Why is it that we looked like a completely different team in less than a week? Is it because Brent Key has some magic coaching ability that can turn around an entire team in a week with X's and O's? No, the reason for the dramatic difference in a week's time is because Brent Key is a fantastic leader of men and the players responded to that. For the first time in three plus years we actually looked like a football team instead of a group of players so ill-prepared that our arch enemy showed pity to us on the field. Remember "you guys look so unprepared". With Collins we played well below our capability and that is not the sign of a good coach or a good leader. So yes, he flat out sucks and that's based on objective analysis not emotions such as "hate".

The more you talk about the former coach, the more power you give him. Please stop this.

This is utter nonsense. Everyone here could talk about him 24/7 and it would not change anything with respect to his existence or his "power" - he's completely unaware of anyone here or what they say. This sounds like new world meta type rubbish, I can smell the incense burning from here.

This is utter nonsense. Everyone here could talk about him 24/7 and it would not change anything with respect to his existence or his "power" - he's completely unaware of anyone here or what they say. This sounds like new world meta type rubbish, I can smell the incense burning from here.
I agree with what you say that talking about him 24/7 does not change anything as he is completely unaware of it. So if talking about him makes you feel better have at it, otherwise it is time to move on to better times.

The more you talk about the former coach, the more power you give him. Please stop this.
i-really-hate-that-man-annoyed.gif

Sorry I didn’t have time to
no it’s absolutely real and true. If you keep up these bad vibes your might make us lose today

Back