Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

Didn't watch the game so had to look it up, but they did have the ball first in both OT possessions, only head coach in football that would have made that decision regardless of how the game had gone. Honestly, though, it makes sense. If your defense has sucked, the pressure to score can act like a 12th defender.

Didn't watch the game so had to look it up, but they did have the ball first in both OT possessions, only head coach in football that would have made that decision regardless of how the game had gone. Honestly, though, it makes sense. If your defense has sucked, the pressure to score can act like a 12th defender.
And it was really a bad decision. Worked out, but bad decision

A clown with a microphone performing a high wire act on a gusty day is hard not to watch.

You can say a lot of things about Deion Sanders, and I have, but "boring" is not one.
He’s not boring, but he is being set up for a sizable failure. Not that I care too much.

I think Colorado only chose one time out of these, and Colorado State chose the second time.

He’s not boring, but he is being set up for a sizable failure. Not that I care too much.
Agreed... but mostly he's setting himself up for one.

I recognized this from the beginning and said that it would be a train wreck before it's all over. I thought that would happen right away but I've been wrong so far. Deion, his coaching staff, and the Colorado team have way out performed my early expectations. So far.

That said, all the indicators for a disaster waiting to happen are still there and I'm not just talking about Oregon this weekend.

Deion Sanders is an entertainer and he is entertaining. I'm generally not a fan of show boating in sports or really in much of anything in life. He claims humility and then contradicts himself in pretty much everything he says and does. But he's a showman, so I give him the latitude that comes with it.

But I think it's a recipe for disaster as a head coach, or really any leadership position, and is unsustainable over time. I'm just glad it's in Boulder and not at Bobby Dodd.

I think Oregon is going to put a temporary end to The Chronicles of Deion but there is no denying that he has backed up every word he uttered. You have to respect that regardless of how you feel about the guy.
Nothing will at this point. Any losses are just an adversity narrative. The mystique is set after the first three big wins. Next year's recruiting class will be epic

Back