Catchall Deion Sanders Thread

This is way blown out of proportion. Y'all realize kids like Javaris Crittendon, Stephon Marbury and Kenny Anderson got into GT, right?
And they all left within two years. Football players stay 4 years minimum (if they don't transfer). They used to have to progress towards a degree, not so sure now that Mr. Bennett from the cesspool managed to go 6 years with zero degree.

Most of the players take Calc at GPC. It's a cake walk.

Yeah, I had heard this years ago. I took Calculus at Kennesaw State, I'm certain taking it at Tech is much harder. The Calculus requirements should be a non-issue. I don't even see the transfer credit as a huge issue as well, we've had several Louisville players transfer in and we've heard all the talks about what a joke that school is, so something doesn't add up.

Fans are idiots for even thinking like this. I'd say LSU 56-7

FB_IMG_1695325991961.jpg

Since @GTRules has beckoned me to this thread I guess I'll chime in with a few thoughts.

First, I don't know why we have a Deion thread, but I do agree that one thread is better than having Deion discussion/comparisons going on in every thread.

Second, I think Deion is good for CFB in many ways. He shows that it is possible to be competitive if you aren't in the SEC or B1G. He shows that you can turn around a program in 1 year if you have something to offer the kids. As others have pointed out he has taken attention away from Bama and UGA and Ohio St, etc, etc. I hope he has continued success, and takes down a few other big name teams along the way this season. Hell, let him win the natty for all I care. He is not going to be around for all that wrong, he is only doing this for his kids.

Third, as has been pointed out many times, there's a reason Deion is at Colorado and a reason he isn't at other schools, including ours. Deion doesn't need money, he has many ways to make it outside of football. If he had wanted to be at GT and we had wanted him at GT, he would be here. Money was not an issue.

I would've been fine if he had come here, and I'm fine that he isn't here. Per my second point, he would not be here all that long no matter what.

Since @GTRules has beckoned me to this thread I guess I'll chime in with a few thoughts.

First, I don't know why we have a Deion thread, but I do agree that one thread is better than having Deion discussion/comparisons going on in every thread.

Second, I think Deion is good for CFB in many ways. He shows that it is possible to be competitive if you aren't in the SEC or B1G. He shows that you can turn around a program in 1 year if you have something to offer the kids. As others have pointed out he has taken attention away from Bama and UGA and Ohio St, etc, etc. I hope he has continued success, and takes down a few other big name teams along the way this season. Hell, let him win the natty for all I care. He is not going to be around for all that wrong, he is only doing this for his kids.

Third, as has been pointed out many times, there's a reason Deion is at Colorado and a reason he isn't at other schools, including ours. Deion doesn't need money, he has many ways to make it outside of football. If he had wanted to be at GT and we had wanted him at GT, he would be here. Money was not an issue.

I would've been fine if he had come here, and I'm fine that he isn't here. Per my second point, he would not be here all that long no matter what.
Competitive? Competitive with who? He's played TCU, Nebraska, and Colorado State. TCU is probably pretty good. Despite their run last year, their last several under Patterson were very mediocre, and they ultimately showed that they didn't belong with that horrible performance against UGAg. But I'll give them a benefit of the doubt and say they're probably pretty good (not sure what that really means, though).

Nebraska is bad and Colorado State is just a tad above that.

I’ll give Sanders some credit. I was adamant that you cannot put an OL together in 6 months but he’s done it. So put me down as a converted skeptic.

I think Oregon is going to put a temporary end to The Chronicles of Deion but there is no denying that he has backed up every word he uttered. You have to respect that regardless of how you feel about the guy.

Back