Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

The rumor is FSU, Clemson, Oregon and Washington to B1G.

That is probably worst case scenario for us because it takes away our potential landing spot in B1G as an AAU school and therefore the SEC is also not interested in picking us up to block B1G expansion. We are probably looking at the Big 12/AAC mashup or worse if this comes to pass.

That is probably worst case scenario for us because it takes away our potential landing spot in B1G as an AAU school and therefore the SEC is also not interested in picking us up to block B1G expansion. We are probably looking at the Big 12/AAC mashup or worse if this comes to pass.
The "worst". Depends on how you define "the worst". From a money standpoint ok, it's not good. But if it results in a conference that can still qualify for the playoffs and we play against other competitive schools like UNC and UVA and others in ACC, then I think I'm ok with that. I do not want to be like Vandy, Miss St, Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern of the giant conferences who have little chance of winning. The "ARMS" chase is beginning to wear on me. However my instincts tell me this a bunch of junk so forgetta about it.

I hear Netflix has entered into the negotiations. Just gotta get the game aligned with Netflix storylines.

tumblr_d9a09684f63189697371b2e09857ee3c_ae5c7dc0_250.gif

The "worst". Depends on how you define "the worst". From a money standpoint ok, it's not good. But if it results in a conference that can still qualify for the playoffs and we play against other competitive schools like UNC and UVA and others in ACC, then I think I'm ok with that. I do not want to be like Vandy, Miss St, Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern of the giant conferences who have little chance of winning. The "ARMS" chase is beginning to wear on me. However my instincts tell me this a bunch of junk so forgetta about it.
If we end up outside of a power conference and in the equivalent of a mid major conference, I’m done. I’ll find something else to do with my time and money.

An inside source from a Chapel Hill cafe (so you know it’s legit) tells me that GT is too valuable because of the Atlanta TV market. B1G is bidding against the NFL, who is trying to keep the B1G out of ATL. Apparently Saudi Arabia also offered $1 billion per year as long as Messi plays long snapper.

If we end up outside of a power conference and in the equivalent of a mid major conference, I’m done. I’ll find something else to do with my time and money.
I'm getting to that point anyway. Don't know if it is just me getting older or what. I don't watch any sports nowadays. Nothing. No Braves. No Falcons. I don't watch GT unless I am there.

What I expect is that B1G goes to like 24 teams, SEC goes to 24 teams, both leave the NCAA to form a professional league and play an exclusive conference schedule. Maybe there are some “friendlies” that don’t count thrown in. Winner of B1G plays winner of SEC in the Champions Bowl.

Everyone else forms an amateur league with minimal money that’s student-oriented.

I could see FSU and Clemson first, thereby putting pressure on UNC and UVA (and Tech). I can see UW and Oregon following USCsnd UCLA only because of the travel logistics. Likewise I think four schools will ultimately go to the Big 10 in the SE.

I don’t get why UGA, Bama, Ohio State, Texas, Clemson, FSU, Florida, ND, USC, etc. don’t form a 16 team conference, demand 95% of the TV money and tell the Northwesterns, Vanderbilts and Wake Forests of the world to buzz off.
They get more fun beating up on the rest of college football.

I'm getting to that point anyway. Don't know if it is just me getting older or what. I don't watch any sports nowadays. Nothing. No Braves. No Falcons. I don't watch GT unless I am there.
I really love watching GT football. Tv or otherwise. This öööös really bumming me out.

I really love watching GT football. Tv or otherwise. This öööös really bumming me out.
There are enough people who loved college football as it was that I believe it'll one day be restored to something similar to what it was. I just wish we could fast forward to that because it seems like it'll take years or decades.

I will hand it to the Big 12. They are fighting to at least be part of a Power 3. ACC and Pac12 seem to have no strategy at all.

I will hand it to the Big 12. They are fighting to at least be part of a Power 3. ACC and Pac12 seem to have no strategy at all.
I give props to the Big 12. They've lost or are losing Texas, Texas A&M, OK, Mizzou, Nebraska, Colorado (welcoming the traitors back with open arms). Maybe it is due to geography since they are centered squarely in the middle of the US, but they seem to roll with the punches. Meanwhile, the ACC just sits on their hands while everyone is waiting for Clemson and FSU to leave. GT is in a bad place. They may be in the Atlanta market but they are an afterthought in their own market. Let's hope they end up in the Big 12 with the other misfits. If they end up in a lower tier conference like the AAC or Conference USA, then they should be allowed to honorably carry out seppuku.

I'll have what he's having, please.

What would the SEC get if it added Clemson or FSU? Nothing. They've got South Carolina and Florida. They've already got plenty of big stadiums, too.

What would the Big 10 get if it added Clemson or FSU? Really long multi-stop road trips to relatively small places, and the end of its long held pretense that it cares about academics.

The Big 10 would get a presence in the South by adding Clemson or FSU. But, why wouldn't it rather get its Southern presence in a major market with one stop flights and no long bus rides, and with a school that allows it to maintain its academic stance?

I could be proven wrong, but I really do believe that Tech's advantages are a lot more attractive than most people recognize. I also think that the one conference that would take FSU and Clemson would be the Big 12.

I think President Cabrera and AD Batt should start talking to the Big 10 right now, if they aren't already doing it, which I bet they are. Despite the GOR, there is a way out of everything. We should ask for admission to the Big 10 and then deal with settling up with the ACC.

I think the Big 10 would love to add Tech. Of course, nothing that happens in college sports should ever surprise anyone again.

Back