Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

If anything, I'll bet the B1G take 4 of the pac12 schools since they don't have to deal with grant of media rights problems, like Stanford, cal, Washington, and Oregon

It’s Big Ten or Sun Belt for me. Become the Boise State of the South.

when you catch a whiff of a HOF thread forming..

nicolas-cage-nicolas.gif
That’s how I feel about this one:

What I expect is that B1G goes to like 24 teams, SEC goes to 24 teams, both leave the NCAA to form a professional league and play an exclusive conference schedule. Maybe there are some “friendlies” that don’t count thrown in. Winner of B1G plays winner of SEC in the Champions Bowl.

Everyone else forms an amateur league with minimal money that’s student-oriented.
If that happens (48 teams) some of the existing SEC (Vandy, Missouri, maybe Ark) and some of the B1G (NW, Iowa, etc) are getting booted. It'll be the biggest 48 teams in CFB. Nobody will get grandfathered in.

What would the SEC get if it added Clemson or FSU? Nothing. They've got South Carolina and Florida. They've already got plenty of big stadiums, too.

What would the Big 10 get if it added Clemson or FSU? Really long multi-stop road trips to relatively small places, and the end of its long held pretense that it cares about academics.

The Big 10 would get a presence in the South by adding Clemson or FSU. But, why wouldn't it rather get its Southern presence in a major market with one stop flights and no long bus rides, and with a school that allows it to maintain its academic stance?

I could be proven wrong, but I really do believe that Tech's advantages are a lot more attractive than most people recognize. I also think that the one conference that would take FSU and Clemson would be the Big 12.

I think President Cabrera and AD Batt should start talking to the Big 10 right now, if they aren't already doing it, which I bet they are. Despite the GOR, there is a way out of everything. We should ask for admission to the Big 10 and then deal with settling up with the ACC.

I think the Big 10 would love to add Tech. Of course, nothing that happens in college sports should ever surprise anyone again.
Here is where people get lost in the narrative. It isn’t about statewide TV markets any more.
It is about national TV markets and eyeballs. Look at the national viewership numbers for games when schools like FSU and Clemson play. It is greatly higher than any game South Carolina, Missouri, and even Texas A&M play in. The ACC made that mistake when they brought in BC and Syracuse. It didn’t add much of anything to the viewership numbers or media exposure

If that happens (48 teams) some of the existing SEC (Vandy, Missouri, maybe Ark) and some of the B1G (NW, Iowa, etc) are getting booted. It'll be the biggest 48 teams in CFB. Nobody will get grandfathered in.
I’m tuning out as I suspect others will also. öööö them in their ass.

YouTubeTV has gone from $59.99 to $72.99 in the past two years and added no content that brought any value to my viewing experience. They are acting exactly like a cable TV provider - only a matter of time before their pricing reaches that level.
True. The only content I am willing to pay for is college football.

I doubt YouTubeTV or any other technology/media platform is going to bail out ESPN/Disney. I was only saying that YouTubeTV is the most likely of the possibilities that could and might subsidize some of it to gain market share. If they continue to hike prices they will learn quickly how price sensitive people are and how precarious consumers love affair with "pro" sports and "premium content" is in modern times.

I'm sick of FSU. Go on, git!

I can somewhat see Clemson’s argument. They’re competing for national titles and investing heavily in all their athletics programs despite the revenue gap with SEC/B10. But what has FSU done in the last decade besides field some pretty good softball teams? There is a good argument that Miami is more attractive than the Noles. I believe they’re overplaying their hand.

Anyone who suggest the Big12 is rising and is an attractive conference is delusional. They are losing their two biggest programs and replacing them with a bunch of sloppy-second G5 teams that no one has wanted for the past 20+ years. Now, suddenly Cincy, Houston and UCF are going to replace Texas and Oklahoma and elevate the Big12. Sure...

Anyone who suggest the Big12 is rising and is an attractive conference is delusional. They are losing their two biggest programs and replacing them with a bunch of sloppy-second G5 teams that no one has wanted for the past 20+ years. Now, suddenly Cincy, Houston and UCF are going to replace Texas and Oklahoma and elevate the Big12. Sure...
It’s the Big AAC

Playing the two 24 team super-conferences game, I come up with:

B1G - Existing 14 + two LA teams:
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers
Wisconsin
UCLA
USC

add 8 more:
Washington - AAU, nice local TV market, program has history / resources
Oregon - flashy, Nike money, program has recent history
Stanford - help entice ND, impeccable academic and non-rev sports, San Fran market
Cal - AAU, San Fran market, even number of west coast teams (6)
Notre Dame - the biggest TV draw
Syracuse - NY State cable TV revenue
TCU - Texas TV sets
Baylor or Texas Tech - Texas TV sets

SEC - Existing + two new teams in '24
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Ole Miss
Miss State
LSU
Texas A&M
Texas
Oklahoma

Add 8 more = poach the ACC
FSU - National Championship in last 10 years
Clemson - National Championships in last 10 years
UNC - TV market, AAU, non-rev sports (and hoops)
UVA - TV market, AAU, non-rev sports (and hoops)
VPI&SU - blah
NC State - blah blah
GT - TV market (2nd banana), AAU, history, golf ;-)
Miami - TV market/draw, history

Possibly deserving teams that are left out include:
Arizona
OK State
Pitt
Kansas

Split each conference into 3 Divisions. Conference playoffs, 3 Division winners + wild card.
SEC and B1G Conference Champs meet for the National Championship game

My sisters uncles nephew says that espn is taking fsu and clem and putting them in the sec, then they are taking vandy and mizzu and sending them to the acc, then they are dropping the acc like a bad habit. i’ll have more updates at 11p Stay tuned my friends.

Playing the two 24 team super-conferences game, I come up with:

B1G - Existing 14 + two LA teams:
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers
Wisconsin
UCLA
USC

add 8 more:
Washington - AAU, nice local TV market, program has history / resources
Oregon - flashy, Nike money, program has recent history
Stanford - help entice ND, impeccable academic and non-rev sports, San Fran market
Cal - AAU, San Fran market, even number of west coast teams (6)
Notre Dame - the biggest TV draw
Syracuse - NY State cable TV revenue
TCU - Texas TV sets
Baylor or Texas Tech - Texas TV sets

SEC - Existing + two new teams in '24
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Ole Miss
Miss State
LSU
Texas A&M
Texas
Oklahoma

Add 8 more = poach the ACC
FSU - National Championship in last 10 years
Clemson - National Championships in last 10 years
UNC - TV market, AAU, non-rev sports (and hoops)
UVA - TV market, AAU, non-rev sports (and hoops)
VPI&SU - blah
NC State - blah blah
GT - TV market (2nd banana), AAU, history, golf ;-)
Miami - TV market/draw, history

Possibly deserving teams that are left out include:
Arizona
OK State
Pitt
Kansas

Split each conference into 3 Divisions. Conference playoffs, 3 Division winners + wild card.
SEC and B1G Conference Champs meet for the National Championship game
Is this little fantasy of yours just mental masturbation or did you actually spank it?

Awwwwww poor little FSU was the victim of fraud and betrayed by Swafford
I assume the same presentation was made to every conference member. Each school should have confirmed the information in the presentation. Since the GOR is with ESPN how does fraud by Swafford invalidate the contract.? Also how do you differentiate fraud from incompetence?

If they can prove Swafford received a kick back from ESPN then it gets interesting.

Awwwwww poor little FSU was the victim of fraud and betrayed by Swafford
Ridiculous.

I'm no lawyer but there is a little something called due diligence that this article appears to not address. I can't imagine they are planing on breaching the terms of membership in the ACC on grounds of alleging intentional fraud by the ACC. If that discussion is happening between FSU lawyers and ACC lawyers it is akin to pulling the pin on a grenade and threatening to blow everyone up if they don't get let out of the agreement.

In that scenario, the only ones getting blown up will very likely be FSU. I would expect there is something close to a 0% chance they can even remotely prove intentional fraud by the ACC. If they actually follow through with that legal threat they are setting fire to the escape bridge while pulling the pin on the grenade. Who would want to touch this program after pulling that kind of sh*t?

None of this can possibly be serious. They can't possibly be that stupid.

All of this is starting to become pretty hilarious though.

Back