Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Why would ACC/ESPN agree to lower the figure? That means less $ distribution to the remaining schools. You think they would be ok with it? Likely would need a vote by each member school to negotiate any buyout.
I'm told F$U has made up its mind to leave and they intend to make it official before the deadline that obligates them to stay in for the 2024 season which, I believe, is around Aug 24. I fully expect F$U will not be in the ACC 24 days from now. Reminds me of the MD situation. It got to a point where MD just said eff you, we're out. This feels like that did.

This is nutz though. Can’t we all go back to the good ole days when conferences were aligned geographically, chicks were chicks, Disney was only in the business of entertaining kids at amusement parks, NIL didn’t exist, and ESPN wasn’t mucking up college football with TV $$??

FSU fans seem to think GT and NC will join them and Clemson in the Big 10, but you may not like their reasoning. The good, GT checks every B10 box, academics, huge TV market, great recruiting in Georgia, some tradition. The bad, FSU, Clemson and NC expect to win big and someone (GT) has to take the losses.

FSU fans seem to think GT and NC will join them and Clemson in the Big 10, but you may not like their reasoning. The good, GT checks every B10 box, academics, huge TV market, great recruiting in Georgia, some tradition. The bad, FSU, Clemson and NC expect to win big and someone (GT) has to take the losses.
9CB3421A-7DAF-420A-B1AD-7C4E7804149C.gif

Ok so that's their idea for basketball, but what about football? NC gonna do better now that their nemesis Collins is gone?

Why would ACC/ESPN agree to lower the figure? That means less $ distribution to the remaining schools. You think they would be ok with it? Likely would need a vote by each member school to negotiate any buyout.
On top of that, IF FSU is let out of the GOR, then that puts the conference tv contracts up for negotiation due to material change in position. I doubt it would get any better with FSU (and potentially Clemson) out of the picture.

It also begs the question- is the GOR even valid after this sort of material change?

In short, there’s no reason for anyone to agree to this unless it’s a move to dissolve the agreement.

I'm good with that, as long as we have a seat at that table. Win or lose - we will still have some security for my lifetime.

On top of that, IF FSU is let out of the GOR, then that puts the conference tv contracts up for negotiation due to material change in position. I doubt it would get any better with FSU (and potentially Clemson) out of the picture.

It also begs the question- is the GOR even valid after this sort of material change?

In short, there’s no reason for anyone to agree to this unless it’s a move to dissolve the agreement.

This could be the rest of the schools charging FSU and Clemson to dissolve the GoR.

They are basically guaranteed to land in a great spot, but the rest of the schools are taking on a huge risk (some bigger than others obviously) and would want compensation.

Relevant losses are better than irrelevant existence. By a million.

This is nutz though. Can’t we all go back to the good ole days when conferences were aligned geographically, chicks were chicks, Disney was only in the business of entertaining kids at amusement parks, NIL didn’t exist, and ESPN wasn’t mucking up college football with TV $$??
No way. The system HAS to burn down. 100 years of corruption can only be eradicated with fire and death. I’ll take NIL and the portal any day over bag men and the little guy getting punished. I’ll NEVER forget what the NCAA did to my school while every team within a 5 hour drive (sans Vandy) were literally giving bags of cash and cars to players and what was the NCAA’s response? They gave SMU the death penalty because they didn’t pay their “tax” to Caesar like Dooley, Bear, Dye, Bowden, Spurrier, Fulmer, etc did. I’ll take a free market open air bidding war every day over the past 100 years.

Where do you see this lol

The best thing about the good old days is you guys were young and not so angry.

Back