Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

I don’t think FSU not making the CFP has anything to do with FSU in the ACC, I think it has more to do with their QB going down along with their offensive production. I think they should have made it on their defensive performance. Didn’t Louisville avg 30+ point a game during the regular season?
It doesn’t have anything to do with either fsu or the ACC. It just happens to be about fsu not being in the sec, which must be protected at all costs by espn.

Good. Blow it all up. The sooner the better
Yep. While the sec commissioner was out politicking for two sec teams to make the playoff, the ACC commissioner sat on his hands and did nothing. And then an ACC AD oversaw the committee that ööööed an ACC school and the entire membership in the process. Then, the ACC meddled in bowl picks to elevate its favorites at the expense of others.

I’m ready for this conference to die.

Most of the nation doesn't even know who Auburn is. That's not a put-down of Auburn, but they just don't have the name recognition that Bama does.
Any college that doesn’t have the name of the state in their schools name, people that don’t follow football or are from different parts of the country don’t know exactly where they are located. I would submit the following schools as being the most misidentified as to their location.
Purdue
Rutgers
Clemson
Auburn
Stanford
Vanderbilt
They are all big time Universities and college football fans know but many others don’t.

Any college that doesn’t have the name of the state in their schools name, people that don’t follow football or are from different parts of the country don’t know exactly where they are located. I would submit the following schools as being the most misidentified as to their location.
Purdue
Rutgers
Clemson
Auburn
Stanford
Vanderbilt
They are all big time Universities and college football fans know but many others don’t.
Nonsense. Everyone knows Northwestern is in Alaska and Notre Dame is in the French Quarter.

“Say it enough times and it becomes true.” - Paul Johnson (in reference to the constant pro-SEC propaganda spewed by ESPN).

We are certainly living in that reality now. Remember when Jesse Palmer coined the phrase “SEC speed” and Paul Johnson basically called him out on it? He said Something like “who was the fastest guy at the NFL Combine last year? Mhmmm…and he played where? North Dakota State? Well why wasn’t he in the SEC?”

Yep. While the sec commissioner was out politicking for two sec teams to make the playoff, the ACC commissioner sat on his hands and did nothing. And then an ACC AD oversaw the committee that ööööed an ACC school and the entire membership in the process. Then, the ACC meddled in bowl picks to elevate its favorites at the expense of others.

I’m ready for this conference to die.
I’m ready for the entire status quo to die. In case it wasn’t obvious to people, the current uGA is like unlimited 1980 level of cheating. They’re fielding as many Herschels as they can get their hands on. They now have three titles because of it. öööö that öööö.

There wasn't initially as Oklahoma and usc were touted as two of the best teams in the history of college football, Oklahoma specifically. They each had 2 players at the heisman ceremony. It was after USC pantsed Oklahoma that it started. And this was the beginning of the SEC öööö, they coalesced around auburn getting left out and it's when the SEC chants started, and these goobers started living vicariously through other teams in the conference

I forgot the part about the Sooners getting blown out.

I don’t think FSU not making the CFP has anything to do with FSU in the ACC, I think it has more to do with their QB going down along with their offensive production. I think they should have made it on their defensive performance. Didn’t Louisville avg 30+ point a game during the regular season?
I heard on good terms that if Bama was undefeated in the SEC, but their starting QB went down and we won the ACC after beating the Dawgs but losing to Clemson by a field goal in week two, they would have picked us over Bama.

Bawawawahaaa I got you , I got you!!! :heelclick: :heelclick: :heelclick:

I feel like ESPN forcing the inclusion of an SEC team over an ACC team because they will drive more revenue and eyeballs is the epitome of minimizing the ACC.

And it is a good indication of how at large teams will be chosen in the new system.
Some very interesting stuff out there about how the money lines moved almost 180 degrees literally an hour prior to the announcement. ESPN owns a betting site ESPNBets, and the following apparently occurred; FSU was -485 (or 97% chance to be in the playoff) and a call was made to the committee. The odds almost abruptly went to +425 (overwhelmingly against them being put in). It is basically mathematically impossible for the general betting public to cause such a violent swing in the odds. It had to be some gigantic bets that swung things. ESPN and ESPNBets stood to get mauled financially if things stayed the way they were.
I don’t know about the viability of all this, but if it is partially true, the whole playoff committee narrative might blow up

Some very interesting stuff out there about how the money lines moved almost 180 degrees literally an hour prior to the announcement. ESPN owns a betting site ESPNBets, and the following apparently occurred; FSU was -485 (or 97% chance to be in the playoff) and a call was made to the committee. The odds almost abruptly went to +425 (overwhelmingly against them being put in). It is basically mathematically impossible for the general betting public to cause such a violent swing in the odds. It had to be some gigantic bets that swung things. ESPN and ESPNBets stood to get mauled financially if things stayed the way they were.
I don’t know about the viability of all this, but if it is partially true, the whole playoff committee narrative might blow up
Sounds like gambling equivalent of insider trading.

It isn't the ratings. ESPN needs the SEC schools in for longer term goals. First, they need to keep up the hype of SEC being the best conference to be able to sell all SEC future games or they can't pay the annual fee. Second, keeping the ACC out of the mix gives them a reason for avoiding renegotiation of their contract since the ACC must be inferior if they can't make the CFP. If F$U was in and the SEC was shut out, ESPN would have a couple major contract issues.
I do think you are fairly close here.

Tech can A) actually point to the UPI poll and B) point to the tons of stupid bullshit that enabled Colorado to finish the AP #1 that season. Five downs. Phantom clipping calls. An actual loss that the AP just ignored.

UCF was given it by the Colley Matrix. Which is a thing that still exists, I guess. FSU won't be given it by anybody other than the "Friends of FSU selection committee"
Let’s start a poll.

Sounds like gambling equivalent of insider trading.
Sounds like a bailout. Sounds like the betting public was going to tank ESPN and ESPN stepped in and said, actually naw we are gonna take all your money.

What were Alabama's odds prior to the alleged call?

Back