Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Tech can A) actually point to the UPI poll and B) point to the tons of stupid bullshit that enabled Colorado to finish the AP #1 that season. Five downs. Phantom clipping calls. An actual loss that the AP just ignored.

UCF was given it by the Colley Matrix. Which is a thing that still exists, I guess. FSU won't be given it by anybody other than the "Friends of FSU selection committee"
Sal died. Colorado doesn't win the AP if Sal didn't die.

What money? We ain't getting that playoff money. And it's not like FSU is gonna care. They gone after this jobbing. This is the final nail in that coffin.

And honestly, I'm cool with that. The ACC is öööö conference. Let it die.
Hell, when we did get that Clemson playoff money, we blew it on the clown.

öööö the whole thing.

I could go on for an hour about how wrong this post is. But I won't. First of all, I don't have that kind of time and Second, pretty sure everybody already knows everything I was about to type. Well, with one notable exception.
Funny stuff. The TV ratings will easily tell us no one cares but a few thousand people. I’ll be there but to act like winning or losing this exhibition is going to alter our perception of this years or next years team is funny stuff. But I do agree with the previous poster that the extra practice will be beneficial for whichever players wear a GT uniform next year.

Funny stuff. The TV ratings will easily tell us no one cares but a few thousand people. I’ll be there but to act like winning or losing this exhibition is going to alter our perception of this years or next years team is funny stuff. But I do agree with the previous poster that the extra practice will be beneficial for whichever players wear a GT uniform next year.

öööö that. Bowl games mean something to the players and the true fans, especially after a 4 year drought. I don’t give a öööö about the TV ratings for Gasparillo Bowl, I will be in Tampa with my tailgate crew and we’re gonna have a good time. And then we’re gonna come home with a victory and the first winning record since 2018.

The irony was that they intentionally dropped their scheduled 2004 game with us in order to play the citadel. Had their strength of schedule been better it might have been enough to enable them to play in the national championship game. The bcs rankings were very tight that year.

Yes. Yes.
You are talking about a different era and YES the entire SEC was very mad. Back in that time the SEC hadn’t won the past umpteen championships and it wasn’t the best conference. In addition there were 4 other unbeaten teams for two spots. A 1-loss team didn’t jump Auburn.

I recall people being apoplectic about getting left out of the BCS championship in general and saying how unfair it was.

I will admit I don't remember exactly the reaction of other SEC schools at the time but given that the SEC reveres their conference and sticks together more than anyone, I'd be shocked to find out no one cares.

The irony was that they intentionally dropped their scheduled 2004 game with us in order to play the citadel. Had their strength of schedule been better it might have been enough to enable them to play in the national championship game. The bcs rankings were very tight that year.

I will have to say that is definitely some sweet, tasty irony!

I recall people being apoplectic about getting left out of the BCS championship in general and saying how unfair it was.

I will admit I don't remember exactly the reaction of other SEC schools at the time but given that the SEC reveres their conference and sticks together more than anyone, I'd be shocked to find out no one cares.

I don't remember a whole lot of outrage from anyone other than Auburn fans. This was before "SEC mania" took over. They were just another conference. And you had an undefeated USC and Oklahoma that year, so somebody was getting left out and those 2 were still the big powers. There was some talk of a split title if Auburn impressed in their bowl game, but they didn't. They beat Virginia Tech 16-13 and that was that. Like I said above, though, I'd claim it in retrospect if I were Auburn.

I don't remember a whole lot of outrage from anyone other than Auburn fans. This was before "SEC mania" took over. They were just another conference. And you had an undefeated USC and Oklahoma that year, so somebody was getting left out and those 2 were still the big powers. There was some talk of a split title if Auburn impressed in their bowl game, but they didn't. They beat Virginia Tech 16-13 and that was that. Like I said above, though, I'd claim it if I were Auburn.

2004 was the first year I watched college football, so maybe I got in right in the cusp of SEC-mania. Lucky me.

The funny thing is at least one of the things the playoff was supposed to do was eliminate the possibility of something like an undefeated team from a power conference being left out again. Somehow we went backwards.

Going forward, we'll mostly be talking about 2-loss teams getting "screwed" so I don't really think we'll see anything like this again, but it's a pretty bad way to end the 4-team model.

I also just think the premise behind excluding them is absurd. What if Michigan's QB got badly hurt in the 4th quarter against Iowa and the backup came in and went 0/4 with two interceptions? Would it be valid to exclude them from the playoff because they "aren't the same team" anymore?

öööö that. Bowl games mean something to the players and the true fans, especially after a 4 year drought. I don’t give a öööö about the TV ratings for Gasparillo Bowl, I will be in Tampa with my tailgate crew and we’re gonna have a good time. And then we’re gonna come home with a victory and the first winning record since 2018.
I agree with you and I’ll be there. But, you gotta admit both teams will look different without several starters playing. And bowls don’t mean something to all players or else they wouldn’t sit out. I figure we’ll have at least 5-6 starters form the UGA game not playing. We’ll see over the next few weeks.

Upon further consideration, I'm glad F$U got left out. Think about it. We play them to open the season in Dublin. It's going to be fantastic crawling from pub to pub trolling them about missing the CFP. The alternative very well could have been listening to them chop about their 2023 NC.

Upon further consideration, I'm glad F$U got left out. Think about it. We play them to open the season in Dublin. It's going to be fantastic crawling from pub to pub trolling them about missing the CFP. The alternative very well could have been listening to them chop about their 2023 NC.
But, that would allow us to celebrate defeating the reigning national champion.

Back