Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

As to @BeeStorm post on Washington

They’ve consistently had more eyeballs than FSU. Week 12 they had 4.7M viewers and FSU had 1.3M. Week 13: 5.8M vs 5.07M. Bigger name. Hell we had more viewers than FSU that week.

Man, y’all actually acting as if a bowl game matters? FSU and UGA will both be without many players. Bowl games are worthless. Sure, I’m going to Tampa but I’m not going believing we could make some sort of chest puffing statement about being 7-6 vs. 6-7. No one cares because our team will be totally different next year due to the portal. Heck, we don’t even know who will be on the team in Tampa or what coaches will still be on staff.
I care about the two extra weeks of reps that our kids get to practice.

Had it been Miss State or Ole Miss, then yes it would have been pure SEC preference. But it’s really just acknowledgement that Bama is the biggest name in the sport regardless of conference.

The SEC has the biggest names in the sport though, thanks at least in part due to ESPN pushing that. I just watched the SEC crew call the ACC championship game and spend the whole time talking about how the ACC team didn't deserve to be in.

Any process which tips the competitive balance in favor of the "biggest names in the sport" will inherently give an advantage to the SEC and a disadvantage to the ACC. So the distinction is not meaningful.

Next year FSU is in without question.

Had it been any team other than Bama, FSU was in this year. So it’s not SEC worship, it’s just a bigger fan base eating the dinner of a smaller fan base. ESPN thinks Bama will drive more eyeballs and revenue than FSU.
And you're saying this still posses no issue with you?

Had it been any team other than Bama, FSU was in this year. So it’s not SEC worship, it’s just a bigger fan base eating the dinner of a smaller fan base. ESPN thinks Bama will drive more eyeballs and revenue than FSU.
Do you think ANY fan of an SEC team would have this logic if the shoe was on the other foot? This kind of thinking is silly

Yes. Do you think every fan of an SEC team was this butthurt when Auburn got left out?

Was Auburn left out when they hadn't lost a game? Did leaving Auburn out mean there were no SEC schools in the playoffs?

Had it been Miss State or Ole Miss, then yes it would have been pure SEC preference. But it’s really just acknowledgement that Bama is the biggest name in the sport regardless of conference.
Bama has gotten the benefit of the doubt multiple times throughout this not just in relation to the ACC. They were included as a non conference champ along with UGA over a 1 loss BIG 10 champ Ohio State a few years ago, and OSU has a larger fan base and generally larger TV ratings.

As to @BeeStorm post on Washington

They’ve consistently had more eyeballs than FSU. Week 12 they had 4.7M viewers and FSU had 1.3M. Week 13: 5.8M vs 5.07M. Bigger name. Hell we had more viewers than FSU that week.
Week 13: Maybe that's Florida's fault? Or the SEC Network's?
week 12 is FSU vs. North Alabama. Wasn't going to draw a lot of attention anyway.

I just hope the FSU defense takes out their revenge on the Dwags the way Charles Jefferson in Fast Times at Ridgemont High did when his Trans Am was wrecked.

1701800859938.png

They'll have plenty of time on the schedule to make up for that 0-1 start next year. Kinda like Bama with the Texas setback (which is different from the Texas getback, which a friend of mine caught once. He was out of action for weeks).

Man, y’all actually acting as if a bowl game matters? FSU and UGA will both be without many players. Bowl games are worthless. Sure, I’m going to Tampa but I’m not going believing we could make some sort of chest puffing statement about being 7-6 vs. 6-7. No one cares because our team will be totally different next year due to the portal. Heck, we don’t even know who will be on the team in Tampa or what coaches will still be on staff.
I could go on for an hour about how wrong this post is. But I won't. First of all, I don't have that kind of time and Second, pretty sure everybody already knows everything I was about to type. Well, with one notable exception.

Back